Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish SS (or Hot Toys) would put out The Max Rebo Band. & to be more specific, The Max Rebo Band from the original, NOT from the Ruined Edition.
I'm out from collecting 1/6th scale figures now, but if these were released I would absolutely pick them up.
I've got SS original Jabba & throne, & I still love it, but I look forward to seeing in hand photos of the new one.
Do you remember years back that video of some Sideshow employee talking about making a 1/6 Max Rebo band? I ended up giving up on that dream probably 6 years ago. Besides a 1/6 Amanaman (never gonna happen)..I'd pay whatever they want for that set. And yeah..I want the original Sy Snootles.

Do you remember years back that video of some Sideshow employee talking about making a 1/6 Max Rebo band? I ended up giving up on that dream probably 6 years ago. Besides a 1/6 Amanaman (never gonna happen)..I'd pay whatever they want for that set. And yeah..I want the original Sy Snootles.

Ace Rimmer in the customs section has promised a 1/6 Amanaman - he had a hand injury several months ago and has moved recently but hopefully this will be the year that a 1/6 Amana becomes reality.:pray:

Anyone know how Sideshow is already shipping this guy out, when it's not technically out yet? I don't know man, I ordered mine day one and haven't gotten an email.

Anyone know how Sideshow is already shipping this guy out, when it's not technically out yet? I don't know man, I ordered mine day one and haven't gotten an email.

I'm not sure??? Do you think they're doing batch shipments again? Mine is scheduled to arrive on Friday.

Are the first delivery reports from people base in the US? Otherwise, it could be stock from Asian/HT warehouses going to overseas collectors earlier as they don't have to transit by Sideshow's HQ in California :dunno:

Yes, can't wait to see some more in hand pics. My hope is that someone will get this set and get in a pinch and sell it below cost. I know this will take some time.

I really regret selling my old set up but had to. :( I needed the money to pay attorney fees to fight for my daughter.

anyway, All Jabba LOVE from me!

Attachments

• IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1084 2.JPG
    IMG_1084 2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 206
That IS huge!

I don't like that the eyes rattle around loose in that hole like that. They must be wrapped at least. Otherwise, chipped paint is possible.

I'm hoping there's some sort of packing material that he removed. The one thing that really worries me is if Salacious is also cast in resin. Those ears could be real fragile.

That pic of the box reminds me of when I received the first Jabba & throne (of course, they were separate boxes) back in 2007, but neither one was quite as big as that monster!

A couple images I saw on instagram today. One of which shows how massive the box is...

View attachment 440250

There are certain pics of this figure that make it feel a bit like you're viewing a Hasbro 6" figure. It might be the eyes, or the sculpt seeming slightly cartoony in certain lighting. Realy looking forward to lots of quality in-hand pics of this guy - it's been a bit frustrating relying only on either frame grabs from the video or these crappy-filtered Instagram pics.

The thing that really kills is for me, is that the slobber went from clear gunk, to waxy build-up.

Those are the type of head-scratchers where I wonder how that got approved as a paint sample.

The slime looks like perfectly placed mustard.

Honestly though, I'd never use the one with his tongue sticking out for display, mustard or no mustard. A little bit of tongue licking his lip would have been better I think.

Kind of like the sleeping eyes. Why would anyone pose Jabba sleeping?

I think everyone will settle on the one wide eye, one narrow eye with the partly open mouth. Basic, but classic Hutt.

Back