Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this crazy idea in my head to sell off the majority of my older collection pieces -- pieces from 2005-2011 -- in this year of 2019. Kind of a purge before we reach 2020... which would be an even 20 years that I've been collecting 1/6th exclusively.

What's the significance of the figures from 2000-2004?

I have this crazy idea in my head to sell off the majority of my older collection pieces -- pieces from 2005-2011 -- in this year of 2019. Kind of a purge before we reach 2020... which would be an even 20 years that I've been collecting 1/6th exclusively.

Tired of the older pieces or simply to re-finance for the newer stuff?

I stole these pics from FB collector group
ja1.jpg
ja2.jpg
ja3.jpg

Mighty Jabba turns out great wish I could get him , but with current POs in hand and one XM Darth Maul nearly shipped I have no budget left sadly.

That more from the same guy yesterday?

You can really see where the mouth piece connects. Not terrible but still.

I wish someone would take a good close-up oh his eye. Like to see how much detail there is.

The right side is really noticeable but it’s good enough. I suggest only buy it if you have at least a couple hundred in rewards points. Which is what I’m gonna try and do.

Gonna try and swing it on flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I blew my points on a free Emperor and throne.

Gonna take me years to save enough for Jabba. By then there will be a better one. Or I'll be collecting 1/12th scale.

If I were to get this, I'd be stuck paying the full $800. I doubt the few of these made will end up on ebay for substantial discount.

That said, a retail Jabba with the 15% off would be a more palatable $680. That is, if these ever get to ebay at retail and not already jacked up to near a grand.

SS made them seem like a rarity when they first announced it.

But I don’t trust them.

You probably could score it for less later.

Definitely don’t pay $800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or Snowspeeder Luke. Price never dropped. Just keeps going up.

But the simple fact is I won't spend $800 on this.

Worst case, I'll keep my pale pickle v1 and spend $300 on a killer paintjob. But I do like this new one. I wish I had Dubai money.

20181025_171745.jpg

The V2 is pretty cool, but i'll also stick with what i have. Shipping and tax to Australia would completely price me out. I'd rather add to the shelf above with skiff lando and any other palace aliens we might see get made (fingers crossed)

In Shane Wessell's video on Let Your Geek Sideshow he says that neither Jabba nor the throne are very heavy, and feel hollow.

When he accidentally hits Jabba with the throne it does sound hollow.

https://www.facebook.com/Badfish01/videos/10213071194509919/

An earlier reviewer said they were very heavy and felt like resin.

Somebody else reported that the whole thing is "close to 30lbs. It's very solid. I was actually surprised how heavy it is."

:confused:

View attachment 440420

The V2 is pretty cool, but i'll also stick with what i have. Shipping and tax to Australia would completely price me out. I'd rather add to the shelf above with skiff lando and any other palace aliens we might see get made (fingers crossed)

That's a great setup. I'd be happy with that too. And I love the Dark Crystal stuff. Wish I had of picked them up when they were available. I wonder with the new series coming, there might be some new merch.

That's a great setup. I'd be happy with that too. And I love the Dark Crystal stuff. Wish I had of picked them up when they were available. I wonder with the new series coming, there might be some new merch.

Thanks. Yeah im looking foward to the netflix series too. Sometime this half of the year i believe. Mostly using puppets and minimal cg, should be awesome

View attachment 440420

Great setup. Love the backdrop of the roasting spit behind your Jabba, where did you get that?

Back