Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know people don't like to hear it, but based on things like e-Web, I see this being $220+ Which is a shame because if it were somewhat reasonable, I'd definitely pick one up, even though it'll be hard to make room for it on the Hoth shelf.

I'd be fine with that, I'm used to being extorted over here, as long as it's not toyish and feels substantial. If it's like an up scaled hasbro figure that's to high

Yep, agreed. Fine with that price as long as it's a solid piece. It looks to be quite large and with a mold that can never be re-purposed (plus a lot of articulation, light and sound), so I'm expecting somewhere around that range. *hopes no higher than $250.00* :pray:

It was mentioned on the Hot Chix Cool Toys SDCC SW video that it will come with a removable Hoth base so you can switch between a diorama or maquette look. I'm absolutely hoping that they ditch the black pole and replace with clear. Would look a lot better, IMO. If they don't, once in hand I'll go on the hunt for some clear doweling of the same diameter. Would be easier if they just included it, though!

PS - Sideshow e.mail advising about preview for the probot reiterated that it will have both lights and sounds.

Now when it says a Hoth base you can remove,will it be better than just a rubber flap of white snow like for the Snowtrooper?
I hope it looks like a chunk of ice and snow,not just a rubber floor mat.
:pray:

I'm curious about the price of the Probot, and I hope to be in the $250-300 range. Don't care much about lights and sound, because I rarely use them on display. I care about the paint apps, QC, sturdiness, accuracy, and the overall look of the base. A clear pole to hold it would be the best way.

Now when it says a Hoth base you can remove,will it be better than just a rubber flap of white snow like for the Snowtrooper?
I hope it looks like a chunk of ice and snow,not just a rubber floor mat.
:pray:
Can't say for sure but my impression was that it will be like a chunk of ice and not just the mats they've used for Tattooine and Hoth. He specifically said that the base could be switched between "diorama" or "maquette" so that would suggest to me a more complicated base than a mere mat. Really looking forward to getting all the details on Thursday.

I'm curious about the price of the Probot, and I hope to be in the $250-300 range. Don't care much about lights and sound, because I rarely use them on display. I care about the paint apps, QC, sturdiness, accuracy, and the overall look of the base. A clear pole to hold it would be the best way.
Those things are definitely more important and I wouldn't want the light and sound to be included to the overall detriment of the figure. I also agree that they will be little used, but I'm still glad it's included. I want it to be as screen accurate as possible, and that to me means including the light. Other thing is the light and sound has got to be very inexpensive, considering Hasbro was doing the same thing ~15 years ago with 3.75" figures (sound chip was in the base the figure stood on). For the few bucks it probably costs to add them, they may as well be included. Just hope we don't see sound become too common. I like it with the probot but don't care for it in the upcoming HT RoboCop releases, for example.

Last edited:
Invictus Sol Other thing is the light and sound has got to be very inexpensive said:
Exactly light ip features and sound are nice to have and some items like han carbonite I feel suffer for their absence but shouldn't really be a Massive factor in cost.

I hope this isn't too hard on the wallet and I really want it!

that's really espensive for something that gets less than 10 min screen time.

Wow - looks cool. Would be super awesome if they swapped the black pole for a clear one. Tidy base though

well in my opinion for that cost it better be electronic with legs moving about. maybe it could hover even. or clean my house lol

Imperial Probe Droid

$249.99 to be exact! :lecture

Preorder coming Thursday, November 21st.
Wow, fantastic. Thanks for posting, kolar. I had assumed we wouldn't be getting any more news until Thursday. I'm probably a bit desensitized to the pricing in this hobby, but $250.00 for an 18" figure, with light, sound, articulation, loads of detail and a nice base seems pretty reasonable. If one had to decide between this and say Grievous or Vader, I'd say the probot wins hands down. Beautiful, iconic piece and overall the pricing seems fair. Was dreading it being $300.00+.

yeah, I'll have to pass. It looks awesome, but seems too high for what it is.
Seems pretty reasonable when you compare it to a humanoid like Vader, that can be re-used down the road (or at the very least will have a vastly larger run). Or anything from HT. They do straight-up repaints that cost more than this (*looks at Midas*).

Last edited:
I'm not a big '66 Batman fan, but those are awesome representations. And that '66 Batmobile... :drool At the very least, I'm sure we've got a year to prepare for this release and save.

250$ not great but could be worth in the current climate

i need to have it thou........................

Back