Floydscustomfigures - Imperial Commando

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnieb555

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience purchasing custom Imperial Commando's from Floydscustomfigures on IG?

I'm on the verge of purchasing some from him and just thought I would see if I can get any "reviews" before pulling the trigger.

The pictures of the figures look amazing, but just wanted to see if anyone here has them in-hand already?

I ordered from him this week. Great experience.
I'll give my honest opinion and pictures once I receive mine :)
Could I ask, did you pay via PayPal? Just he has asked me to pay via friends and family and I don't really feel comfortable with that, I was ask him i t could cover the fees and pay goods and services.

I've ordererd several customs from him. Prices are some of the best you'll find among custom figure artists, but be prepared to wait, as his order list is quite long. He gave me two month estimates on each order, but they all ended up taking roughly five months to finish, and there was a lot of back and forth/delays.

Final products were always worth the wait, but I paid each of my orders in full upfront, so things sometimes got a little scary😂. Would definitely recommend doing a deposit.

I've ordererd several customs from him. Prices are some of the best you'll find among custom figure artists, but be prepared to wait, as his order list is quite long. He gave me two month estimates on each order, but they all ended up taking roughly five months to finish, and there was a lot of back and forth/delays.

Final products were always worth the wait, but I paid each of my orders in full upfront, so things sometimes got a little scary😂. Would definitely recommend doing a deposit.
Thanks for your feedback, yeah he told me roughly 10 weeks and I paid half now and then half once he starts to paint them :)
Do you have any pictures of the ones that you got by any chance?

Thanks for your feedback, yeah he told me roughly 10 weeks and I paid half now and then half once he starts to paint them :)
Do you have any pictures of the ones that you got by any chance?
Yeah, for what it's worth, that's exactly what he told me, but they each ended up taking roughly double the time. Most of that time is going to be waiting for your order to get to the top of his list (which can take a while, depending on how many orders are in front of yours), but things should speed up after that.

I only ever ordered one commando from him (the others were Gears of War figures), and that was a couple of years ago, so I'm sure he's improved since. I'll see if I can get pictures later tonight. For me, Floyd's work has always represented the best compromise for the price. His commandos are solid and do the job.

Yeah, for what it's worth, that's exactly what he told me, but they each ended up taking roughly double the time. Most of that time is going to be waiting for your order to get to the top of his list (which can take a while, depending on how many orders are in front of yours), but things should speed up after that.

I only ever ordered one commando from him (the others were Gears of War figures), and that was a couple of years ago, so I'm sure he's improved since. I'll see if I can get pictures later tonight. For me, Floyd's work has always represented the best compromise for the price. His commandos are solid and do the job.
I don't mind if it takes a bit longer, gives me more time to save up :ROFLMAO: that is great thanks!

I don't mind if it takes a bit longer, gives me more time to save up :ROFLMAO: that is great thanks!
Sorry for the delay, here's mine, purchased back in 2022:

20240608_195432.jpg

20240608_195502.jpg

20240608_195453.jpg

20240608_195441.jpg

Overall, it's pretty solid and does what I need it to do. Based on Floyd's recent IG posts, his newer commandos seem to have a lot of improvements in terms of armor detailing, paintwork, and bulkiness of the body (I believe he uses Phicen muscle bodies now; the one on mine is a cheap body from AliExpress with similar proportions to the HT Hunter/Imperial Commando figures), so you'll definitely be getting a great piece.

Sorry for the delay, here's mine, purchased back in 2022:

View attachment 706995
View attachment 706996
View attachment 706997
View attachment 706998

Overall, it's pretty solid and does what I need it to do. Based on Floyd's recent IG posts, his newer commandos seem to have a lot of improvements in terms of armor detailing, paintwork, and bulkiness of the body (I believe he uses Phicen muscle bodies now; the one on mine is a cheap body from AliExpress with similar proportions to the HT Hunter/Imperial Commando figures), so you'll definitely be getting a great piece.
Thanks a lot for the pics!
Yeah I went for his 2.0 version, I couldn't justify the prices for the 3.0/4.0, but I'm going to be displaying the squad together away from other clones so the size difference won't be too noticeable I hope 😁

Back