Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taking pictures earlier tonight and the Probe Droid found it's way in front of the lens

snI8vr3.jpg

I received mine earlier today, and it certainly is an impressive model. There was more detail in it than I was expecting, what with all the working pistons and extra bits you plug in.

It was only after setting him up that I realised that one of his eye lenses was missing. :slap

However, big shout out to Sideshow's customer services. I sent an email with a photo of the problem, and seven hours later I received a reply to let me know they'd booked a replacement order for the damaged head. :)

I've been holding off on this guy as to not delve into a Hoth display. Not that I have no interest in those great figures but to merely to avoid dropping more funds to complete that whole line up. Not to mention shelf space. Still might get him for my RO display or a standalone piece. He has always caught my eye and looks like an excellent piece.

I've been holding off on this guy as to not delve into a Hoth display. Not that I have no interest in those great figures but to merely to avoid dropping more funds to complete that whole line up. Not to mention shelf space. Still might get him for my RO display or a standalone piece. He has always caught my eye and looks like an excellent piece.

I love the Hoth scenes, but had been putting this one off.

Think I have all the variations of Sideshow's and Hot Toys' Hoth figures - apart from Sideshow's Tripod Canon and Snowtrooper (the latter no longer being a required purchase now we have HT).

Like you say, the Probe can go with a Rogue One display.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F435919%2F6993f262-2d19-49e1-9005-6c643aafb71a.gif

For me they seem ever present in the universe as I used to play the Jedi Knight series of video games with Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors and their "blue milk runs".

And watching that gif, I still want Cassian and that coat.

Although movie wise it's only seen in ESB (Okay Rg1 as well......lol) the probe droid could practically fit in any display.............i mean they were dispatched through out the galaxy...:wink1:
I actually have it on display by itself and I think it holds up well all alone.

Although movie wise it's only seen in ESB (Okay Rg1 as well......lol) the probe droid could practically fit in any display.............i mean they were dispatched through out the galaxy...:wink1:
I actually have it on display by itself and I think it holds up well all alone.

:lecture

I was considering putting it by itself, because it has that kind of presence, but he's still new so he's with his Imperial friends at the moment.

He's in ROTJ as well, which is why I think of them as ever present (albeit with different lenses).

QQQ4XKC.jpg

Original%20Trilogy%20-%20Droids%2038.jpg

I received mine earlier today, and it certainly is an impressive model. There was more detail in it than I was expecting, what with all the working pistons and extra bits you plug in.

It was only after setting him up that I realised that one of his eye lenses was missing. :slap

However, big shout out to Sideshow's customer services. I sent an email with a photo of the problem, and seven hours later I received a reply to let me know they'd booked a replacement order for the damaged head. :)

Glad you got it solved! It's a fantastic piece!

Glad you got it solved! It's a fantastic piece!

Thanks!

The first automated email I received from Sideshow stated,

We have been experiencing a higher number of emails than normal, so our current response time is 5-7 business days.

So I was very surprised to get a resolution with an #R order number within hours of highlighting the problem.

Dang. I just realized I haven't opened mine yet. Can somebody tell me if the batteries are installed?

Yes, and you should remove them due to the risk for leakage.

Have you ever actually had a battery leak and if so has it actually ever done any damage? I have not. I only replace batteries when they die. I think everyone way overreacts. Even if a battery leaks you just clean out the battery compartment and put new ones in. I have never had anything get damaged by batteries.

The Probe Droid has the batteries installed but you need to remove the plastic strips that keep it from making contact and completing the circuit. The light up and sound features on this are some of my favorites of any figure. Both are easily accessible without opening a compartment or clothing and the sounds are very iconic, stuck with me since first seeing it in the theater on opening weekend.

The Probe Droid seems to to have an unusually high number of battery leaks. Take them out. If you are concerned about resale price later I wouldn't sweat it: Buyers years from now will learn to expect the batteries in all the good units were removed or replaced.

Is there a tutorial on removing the batteries? I pulled out one flat circular battery, where is the other one?

Is there a tutorial on removing the batteries? I pulled out one flat circular battery, where is the other one?

They're in the head. You have to twist the 'cap' on top of the head to get access.

These instructions weren't included with mine:

Photo-May-11-6-55-54-PM-e1496596477536-1024x723.jpg

Have you ever actually had a battery leak and if so has it actually ever done any damage? I have not. I only replace batteries when they die. I think everyone way overreacts. Even if a battery leaks you just clean out the battery compartment and put new ones in. I have never had anything get damaged by batteries.

The Probe Droid has the batteries installed but you need to remove the plastic strips that keep it from making contact and completing the circuit. The light up and sound features on this are some of my favorites of any figure. Both are easily accessible without opening a compartment or clothing and the sounds are very iconic, stuck with me since first seeing it in the theater on opening weekend.

I did have leaked batteries, both button and AA/AAA, glad they were not on high end collectibles. One time, years ago, a Duracell battery made in Belgium that had 2 more years, leaked badly in a thermo-central remote that I had to replace the metal connectors and springs. You don't want any of these to leak in an expensive collectible, it will drop its value even if you clean the mess. I only keep Eneloop AA/AAA batteries in some of the collectibles, all others are out. But to each his own...

The replacement head is scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow.

The Probot arrived 31st July - replacement part to arrive 4th August!

That's an incredibly fast resolution.

Back