1/6 Hot Toys - TMS128 - The Bad Batch: Imperial Clone Commando

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is done!
I've ordered my first custom. A 1/6 (white) Clone Commando, properly buffed.
And added a Scorch to that order too because I'm not waiting for Hot Toys to make him a skinny exclusive ...

I'm down a VERY slippery slope now :)

Get a Scorch like how he ought to be: this is the Way. (y)

delta argument.jpg

From the way I see, that skinny design is pretty much faithful to the Bad Bad show. Those commandos are really not that buffed though. I don't think Hot Toys is at fault here.
FqK14LEXsAID6l_.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

From the way I see, that skinny design is pretty much faithful to the Bad Bad show. Those commandos are really not that buffed though. I don't think Hot Toys is at fault here.
View attachment 703821View attachment 703820
But it shouldn't be faithful to the show as far as proportions go. The show is stylised, the figure is meant to be reality/ authentic looking.

They should either be completely screen accurate to the cartoon or completely authentic looking. Half measures satisfy no one, and frankly I doubt they even were going for a half way point anyway. It's just bad/ lazy work.

But it shouldn't be faithful to the show as far as proportions go. The show is stylised, the figure is meant to be reality/ authentic looking.

They should either be completely screen accurate to the cartoon or completely authentic looking. Half measures satisfy no one, and frankly I doubt they even were going for a half way point anyway. It's just bad/ lazy work.
Wrong, this commando is specifically licensed under the Bad Batch animated show and it should 100% be that way. And look at those images, those clone commandos are clearly and visually not buffed.

My waitlist converted already! Pretty surprised, but pleased. The skinnier proportions don’t bother me. I wish the shoulder armor were bigger but you can’t win them all. Otherwise I think it looks great.

View attachment 703821View attachment 703820
Wrong. In the show the actual models used differ from hunter in bulk (hunter is slimmer per design sheet) so using hunter parts is still too slim even for animated style, not to mention the shoulder pads should be much larger. Also, HT don't make 1:1 animated figures, they are realistic styled, so they already bulk up the designs to account for animated designs being slimmed (just look at Echo torso for example, that is realistic proportions). Also, Bad Batch branding should not effect design of armour and as it is the same as Gregor who is a republic commando pre empire, so not case of imperial redesigned slimmed down suit

Wrong. In the show the actual models used differ from hunter in bulk (hunter is slimmer per design sheet) so using hunter parts is still too slim even for animated style, not to mention the shoulder pads should be much larger. Also, HT don't make 1:1 animated figures, they are realistic styled, so they already bulk up the designs to account for animated designs being slimmed (just look at Echo torso for example, that is realistic proportions). Also, Bad Batch branding should not effect design of armour and as it is the same as Gregor who is a republic commando pre empire, so not case of imperial redesigned slimmed down suit
20240518_160111.jpg

Certainly not more bulk than Hunter.

Back