Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although movie wise it's only seen in ESB (Okay Rg1 as well......lol) the probe droid could practically fit in any display.............i mean they were dispatched through out the galaxy...:wink1:
I actually have it on display by itself and I think it holds up well all alone.

Yeah that's true. As a standalone piece it would be great and also next to other figures just for it's scale and presence.
Nice profile pic Barryo... been a big fan of the late and great Frazetta for ages.

QQQ4XKC.jpg
I've never caught that... nice!

This guy is moving up on my "Damn i need this list!" :gah:
I wonder how many SS made? Hopefully this will still be available whenever i finally decide to pick him up.

It's a seriously impressive piece. If your interested at all in branching out beyond just the figures themselves (apologies if you already have) it really is a must have.

A recent pic of mine.

Vur5z2m.jpg

I had removed my batteries from the compartment when I first got the Probe Droid, but left them in the main body so I would not lose them. Decided to take a look and yes, they corroded as well. So happy they did no damage!

Probe batteries.JPG

It's a seriously impressive piece. If your interested at all in branching out beyond just the figures themselves (apologies if you already have) it really is a must have.

A recent pic of mine.

Vur5z2m.jpg

Yeah Momaw. Caught this on the Snowtrooper thread. Great set up!

I purchased the original release of the probe droid and was pretty sure I removed all of the batteries but with all of the recent talk, I figured I better check.
I unboxed mine and yes, I had removed them and stored them in one of the extra holes in the foam and here's what I found.
The large single battery was fine, the 3 small ones...
20170804_222947.jpg

I'm guessing the second release didn't have the same issue, but the first release has like a 90% leakage rate going by these boards.

I had some Renata button batteries on the HGC Terminator CPU chip, and they expired in 2015 (I kept them in some foam holes as well). They are still in perfect condition, Renata's being used by high end watch companies like Rolex. And still would not keep them inside my collectibles

The replacement Probot head spent too long looking for Rebel bases in Leipzig yesterday and missed his flight, so looks like he'll be coming on Monday.

Now, there was no self-destruct order for the head missing the eye, so I'm thinking it could be used as a pretty neat diorama piece.

Might be cool as Jawa junk.

I don't have any Jawas, apart from an old Hasbro one that I can't find.

I'm thinking of combining the head with the flying Snowtrooper. Have the head leant up against the flying rod, and the trooper touching down onto it as he lands.

Decided to check my batteries. The one for the sounds looked ok but I think I have a problem with the ones for the lights. [emoji3]
435ab679b6319761b741953eb12b5992.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Glad I decided to go through my figures with batteries a while back and remove them. I'd hate to have one like that permanently damage something. Still kinda want the Probe Droid but haven't broke down and ordered yet. I should probably decide if I want to get it before it goes out of stock as I see there's a low stock alert on Sideshow.

The fact that it's now basically the price of most figures is kinda nuts. Makes it a bargain. Definitely near the top of the list of 1:6 scale figures, in a class of its own in a way.

Glad I decided to go through my figures with batteries a while back and remove them. I'd hate to have one like that permanently damage something. Still kinda want the Probe Droid but haven't broke down and ordered yet. I should probably decide if I want to get it before it goes out of stock as I see there's a low stock alert on Sideshow.

I was gonna wait a few months to pick this guy up, current preorders and hopeful releases being the main factor. He just went to waitlist :(
Hopefully run into this guy at a shop.

Still kinda want the Probe Droid but haven't broke down and ordered yet. I should probably decide if I want to get it before it goes out of stock as I see there's a low stock alert on Sideshow.

I'm not sure Sideshow will make a third run. Decide quickly...

The fact that it's now basically the price of most figures is kinda nuts. Makes it a bargain. Definitely near the top of the list of 1:6 scale figures, in a class of its own in a way.
I always viewed it as somewhat expensive to justify to be honest. I mean it's a nice piece and all but it's such a minor droid to spend $250 on. I see it does appear to be sold out on Sideshow and BBTS too so I guess that decides for me. :lol

I'm not sure Sideshow will make a third run. Decide quickly...
Looks to be gone. I'd bet they won't do another run since it was regularly part of those random email discounts for $25 or $30 off.

I always viewed it as somewhat expensive to justify to be honest. I mean it's a nice piece and all but it's such a minor droid to spend $250 on. I see it does appear to be sold out on Sideshow and BBTS too so I guess that decides for me. :lol

Looks to be gone. I'd bet they won't do another run since it was regularly part of those random email discounts for $25 or $30 off.

I don't think the price is any worse then the average 1/6 scale figure. None of this stuff is really "worth" it.

It is a niche piece but I think anyone with any sort of Imperial collection would really punch their display up with the Probot. It goes with any troopers really. Throw in this with a couple Snowies and the E -Web and you have a pretty sweet set up.

Gotta give Sideshow respect for the amount of stuff they took a chance at releasing. Hot Toys will likely never stray outside of troopers or the main rebels.

I don't think the price is any worse then the average 1/6 scale figure. None of this stuff is really "worth" it.

It is a niche piece but I think anyone with any sort of Imperial collection would really punch their display up with the Probot. It goes with any troopers really. Throw in this with a couple Snowies and the E -Web and you have a pretty sweet set up.

Gotta give Sideshow respect for the amount of stuff they took a chance at releasing. Hot Toys will likely never stray outside of troopers or the main rebels.
Yeah I don't know. For some reason at $250 plus another $20 or whatever for shipping it felt high to me. A droid at that price is hard to bite on especially if it's not one of the main ones like R2 or 3PO. I do think it's probably one of the nicer Sideshow pieces though.

Back