Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jkno is right. I think I kept mine in for 2 weeks, after I got it, turning on the light on & listening to it off & on. Then I decided to take them out, as I was moving it to a spot harder to reach easily. To my surprise, the batteries were already beginning to corrode. I was NOT expecting that, as it was only 2 weeks out of the box.

Yikes, point taken!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The top of the body comes off to give you a lot more room to move if that was part of the issue.

Yup, I know this figure back to front by now. Still a major pain in the *ss. This could/should have been a pretty easy insert/remove.

But necessary to take them out, since they are crappy quality and they will eventually leak, ruining the piece

Jkno is right. I think I kept mine in for 2 weeks, after I got it, turning on the light on & listening to it off & on. Then I decided to take them out, as I was moving it to a spot harder to reach easily. To my surprise, the batteries were already beginning to corrode. I was NOT expecting that, as it was only 2 weeks out of the box.

Yeah, the thing that concerned me was I couldn't figure out if it was just crappy quality batteries SSC had used, or something about the electronics that was drawing too much out of the batteries or something and causing the leaks/corrosion (i.e. that even branded/quality batteries might do the same thing.) The SSC R2 is still a mystery to me as to why the batteries drained so fast even with the little switch in the off position.

I had a child's electric circuits set that repeatedly made batteries - even higher end ones - leak acid, I think because of what the set was drawing from them. I'm no electrics expert, so can't say for certain though.

If only the Probot batteries could very easily be put in or out, I'd be more willing to test it. I loved the light and sounds on the Probot - really one of the coolest electrics features I've ever had, but one I never use because of poor design in terms of bateries replacement.

Anyone know what kind of batteries this Guy needs? Can't remember.

*edit* never mind, I was apparently blind when I looked for the instruction manual on the SS page. :lol

The Probe Droid kept all his eyes on the wedding preparations. :lol
9a77cd42c5cb34bda5cedc0886dc57b3.jpg
f14d25b4250243090481804ede2c2a4d.jpg

And a selfie :lol :rotfl
2b43fab5ede65149f25059e944a59e40.jpg

Really cool!! :rock

:lol Nice. Congrats, Aliaz!

Congratulations, Aliaz!!

Too cool!!

:lol GREAT! Congratulations, Aliaz! :duff
Did you marry the probe droid?
:lol