Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! A little piece of film history. It takes an army to make a movie. That guy built a lot of props and mechanisms. :clap

Very nice sig plaque. I have some with my props as well.

Sweet signature plaque! Congrats :clap
Thanks guys!

The best method to keep your figures safe is to give the cat its own shelf.

I've tried that solution too. :lol
2b2a67c41fb3dc40a17448ed61d66e11.jpg

This is Vincent. He will get on all shelves, when they're empty. If, however, I put anything on that shelf (even one his toys) he won't even try to get on it.
IMG_5652.jpg
I don't know how or why this is, as I've never trained him.

This is Simon. He's a completely different story.
IMG_5687.jpg
Although he's gotten better with age. & with that I mean, he "tries" to tip-toe around things.

Aaaand now back onto topic.
I currently have my Probe Droid on my rear surround speaker.
IMG_0702.JPG
Although I move it around frequently. It's a great piece though.

Great cats everyone.

Yeah our two cats are really different aswell, even though they have the same father. :lol

That looks scary-precarious. Makes me nervous just looking at that pic.:lol

Yeah. I know what you mean. The speaker was a bit bigger than I was expecting, but this was the spot it had to go in. Thankfully, after a few months of checking a few times a day (before & after bed, before & after work, & just whenever in general), I can say that bad boy hasn't moved at all. I don't listen to anything quite (movies, music, games), & even after some house shaking base things I've pumped through this system, it has not moved. That speaker & Probe Droid are safe.... aaaand I still check a few times a week :wink1:
I'm just happy I don't live in an earthquake zone anymore. If I did, I wouldn't have 99% of what I have where 99% of them are :lol

:lol Love all the cat pictures even though I'm more of a dog guy. I'd love to get this piece at some point. Sideshow offers $39 off when you purchase another Star Wars figure but the shipping winds up being so much that the discount isn't as great.

Getting the batteries out of the Probot is one of the more difficult 1/6 tasks I've attempted. Pretty poorly thought out.

Getting the batteries out of the Probot is one of the more difficult 1/6 tasks I've attempted. Pretty poorly thought out.

But necessary to take them out, since they are crappy quality and they will eventually leak, ruining the piece

Jkno is right. I think I kept mine in for 2 weeks, after I got it, turning on the light on & listening to it off & on. Then I decided to take them out, as I was moving it to a spot harder to reach easily. To my surprise, the batteries were already beginning to corrode. I was NOT expecting that, as it was only 2 weeks out of the box.

Back