1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review guys, I was almost placed an order for this Grievous reissue, glad I didn't.
Hopefully for those returning the fig will get your money back.

yeah, I was pleased it looks like they are refunding everything. Thought I might lose my deposit on it.

Saw a listing for this reissue version for $450 not including shipping on Mercari :slap description says you better get it now from a 3rd party (aka them) if you want it b/c the rest of the shipment is delayed :lol guess the person didn’t want to go through the trouble of sending it back to SS :rolleyes2

All those reports of defective Grievous figures made me postpone my decision to purchase animated Anakin and Obi-Wan. Now definitely waiting for first in hand reports on those before i decide.

A clue in the quick crossword this morning: "Subordinate event"

Answer: "Sideshow"

The company seems set to remain subordinate in the 1/6 world. All these years, and most of the time they fulfil a lesser, supporting role compared to the competition.

A clue in the quick crossword this morning: "Subordinate event"

Answer: "Sideshow"

The company seems set to remain subordinate in the 1/6 world. All these years, and most of the time they fulfil a lesser, supporting role compared to the competition.

Yep. Which is ironic since they were the next step in the evolution of 1/6 figures back in 2005 when they started making Star Wars figures. We went from having to buy and modify 12” Hasbro dolls to getting, what was at the time, high end 1/6. They just never really progressed much past that point.
Every once in a while they do one right, like Skiff Lando and Jabba, but it’s obvious they really don’t care about 1/6 beyond making a quick buck. They act like they care but they’re really a statue company.

Yep. Which is ironic since they were the next step in the evolution of 1/6 figures back in 2005 when they started making Star Wars figures. We went from having to buy and modify 12” Hasbro dolls to getting, what was at the time, high end 1/6. They just never really progressed much past that point.
Every once in a while they do one right, like Skiff Lando and Jabba, but it’s obvious they really don’t care about 1/6 beyond making a quick buck. They act like they care but they’re really a statue company.

:exactly:

They could do it if they wanted to. Their tailoring is good, and their accessories are sometimes better than Hot Toys'.

But putting it all together with a high end sculpt with high end paintwork, and a quality body, seems to be too much effort for them. They do just enough to get by, and still charge Hot Toys' prices.

Sideshow reminds me of Star Ace, not quite as bad as them of course but just as a company that hasn't improved in their figure game over the years.

That's what I like about Threezero. They started out rough but have done nothing but improve bit by bit as time went on while also charging a good price for their figures. Most of their 1/6 figures are in the $100-$200 range. Sideshow seems to be riding the same mediocre boat while also raising their own prices to the $250+ range for the most bare boned minimum effort figures. At least with Hot Toys and their high prices, you know more or less what quality you're getting.

Sideshow reminds me of Star Ace, not quite as bad as them of course but just as a company that hasn't improved in their figure game over the years.

That's what I like about Threezero. They started out rough but have done nothing but improve bit by bit as time went on while also charging a good price for their figures. Most of their 1/6 figures are in the $100-$200 range. Sideshow seems to be riding the same mediocre boat while also raising their own prices to the $250+ range for the most bare boned minimum effort figures. At least with Hot Toys and their high prices, you know more or less what quality you're getting.
They probably bet on people not knowing the difference between Sideshow and Hot Toys, since they’re the official distributor and slap their logo on every HT picture. I’ve seen a fair few people who think SS and HT are one in the same.

5lfkrs.jpg

These are from four separate cases I saw today:

gg1.jpg
gg2.jpg
gg3.jpg
gg4.jpg
gg5.jpg
gg6.jpg

Yikes! I regret POing this thing now. I’ll have to wait to see what Timewalker does if I end up getting a piece of **** like everyone seems to be currently getting.

Last edited:
They probably bet on people not knowing the difference between Sideshow and Hot Toys, since they’re the official distributor and slap their logo on every HT picture. I’ve seen a fair few people who think SS and HT are one in the same.
That seems very likely as I’ve seen many listings in the past on eBay where ppl call Sideshow items Hot Toys in their listings and vise versa calling Hot Toys items Sideshow

Holy **** that is bad, if its broken like that can you still ask for a refund?
This sure going to be a perma taint to their 1/6 figure line reputation.

Last edited:
What a fustercluck of a release. It looks no better than the Hasbro fig I got when ROTS came out. That was a miserable figure too and I returned it to get my $30 back :Flush
In the following years I let go of the Prequels altogether, so I had no intention of getting this anyway. But man, I feel sorry for the collectors who were wanting this.

Last edited:
lol, compared with Justin's vid you're really do not mince words talking **** about SS :lol.

Regardless of material quality and joint issues he did look really good in Justin’s video. That 4 saber pose is so cool. Guess it just boils down to 1) If you get an unbroken copy and 2) How bad you want a Grievous on the shelf. Sideshow sucks either way though.
I hate that a decision to keep it puts money in their pockets for lying to their customers.

Regardless of material quality and joint issues he did look really good in Justin’s video. That 4 saber pose is so cool. Guess it just boils down to 1) If you get an unbroken copy and 2) How bad you want a Grievous on the shelf. Sideshow sucks either way though.
I hate that a decision to keep it puts money in their pockets for lying to their customers.
I was facing this dilemma too, really wanted to purchase the general despite tremendous amount of technical problems. Even if Hot Toys's Grievous were somehow miraculously shows up this year, it would probably takes at least 2.5-year release time frame to deliver, not account logistic issue due to current COVID-19. My best bet at this point is just simply pray there are no breakage problems with mine, the incredibly loose ball joints I'd figure how to tighten later.

Back