1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1630510793146.png

This Japanese seller takes the cake, like always on Ebay

Is anyone really surprised by crappy quality from Sideshow at this point? Seems to be all too common that their figures have issues. Do I want a Grievous? Sure. Am I willing to support a crap release like this to get the character? Nope.

I don’t think it’s so much a matter of surprise at the quality as it is the fact they bold face lied about updating the figure. At least for me it is.

I‘m well aware SS’s quality is spotty at best but to not only send out a junk reissue but lie to your customers about what they’re getting during the online ComicCon is what really irritates me.

does not surprise me at all. SS has been slowly going down in quality the last several years. I don't know who has been approving most of their pieces, the paint apps are sub par, the poses are replicated again and again and have proved odd and awkward to me . I have been buying their pieces since the original logan premium format which was like 15 years ago. I haven't bought a piece they have made in over 4 years do to exactly this. I have said it so many times in the passed they need to stick to what they are great at and tis is distribution. let the others who have mastered their crafts do what they do best such as hot toys, prime 1, queen studios etc. too many companies out there doing a way better job!

Just received this email from Sideshow:

Dear valued collector,​
By now, you have received your General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure and sadly this item has not met with either our high standards or the quality expectations that you should expect from Sideshow. In short, we've failed you.

We apologize, and we want to make it right.

To start, we will be adding $10 in Sideshow Rewards to your account simply for having to deal with this unexpected issue and to thank you again for being a customer, a fan, and a fellow collector.

Secondly, for those of you experiencing issues with loose arms and restricted poseability, we have identified and corrected the issue. New primary joints will be automatically shipped out to you free of charge. The current estimated arrival for these replacements is 4 to 6 weeks.

The process for swapping out the primary joints is very straightforward, and we'll be sending out instructions in the coming weeks to demonstrate.

If this does not resolve issues you may be experiencing with the figure, or if you would simply prefer a full refund, we are happy to accommodate that — this will include your NRD (non-refundable deposit).

Our Customer Support team is here if you need to reach out, or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Once again, we want to thank you for your understanding and patience.​
Please accept our deepest apologies.​
The Sideshow Team

By now, you have received your General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure and sadly this item has not met with either our high standards or the quality expectations that you should expect from Sideshow. In short, we've failed you.​
Lol
Secondly, for those of you experiencing issues with loose arms and restricted poseability, we have identified and corrected the issue. New primary joints will be automatically shipped out to you free of charge. The current estimated arrival for these replacements is 4 to 6 weeks.
So they managed to fix it in 7 days, when they had 7 years to do it already? What a joke

Dear valued collector,​
By now, you have received your General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure and sadly this item has not met with either our high standards or the quality expectations that you should expect from Sideshow. In short, we've failed you.

To start, we will be adding $10 in Sideshow Rewards to your account simply for having to deal with this unexpected issue and to thank you again for being a customer, a fan, and a fellow collector.

The process for swapping out the primary joints is very straightforward, and we'll be sending out instructions in the coming weeks to demonstrate.

If this does not resolve issues you may be experiencing with the figure, or if you would simply prefer a full refund, we are happy to accommodate that — this will include your NRD (non-refundable deposit).

Our Customer Support team is here if you need to reach out, or if you have any further questions or concerns.

The Sideshow Team

Wow they finally admitted fault. C3PO gives a retroactive "thumbs up" approval 👍

Dear valued collector,​

The Sideshow Team
Well, gotta admit, I’m shocked that they’ve sent an apology, admitted the item is faulty and are trying to fix the issue. However, while it might fix the shoulders, there’s nothing in there about the fixing the fingers breaking. I wonder if they’re just sending the joint or the entire arm assembly

Wow! They admitt their failure, this is great! Did not think this would happen, but the only right thing to be honest. But their reputation in the 1:6 community has most definitely taken its toll.

I love how they fixed the issue in a few days but didn't bother to do it after reissuing the figure 7 years later lol

They kind of had to say something with how hard they were being cornered. Even their own Sideshow FB group page was getting plastered with complaints.

Who wants to bet that their solution is just to send out the exact same arm joint they’ve been using except some poor intern will have to coat all the pegs with floor polish to thicken them up by a millimetre or two?

It’s also a bit rich of them to refer to their standards as ‘high’ when anyone who’s ever bought an SSC figure is well aware that’s not the case. The only reason anyone buys SSC figures is because Hot Toys are sooo slow at releasing anything.

Wow, well good on Sideshow for admitting to putting out a subpar product, and actually doing something. Granted it’s after a lot of criticism, and I’m sure Jedha’s video played a big part. At least they’re doing something though instead of just ignoring the problem.

Back