1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT should make Grievous and show SS how it's done.

that`s if they want to try. might be a job they might be scared to do after this mess.
I think now would be the perfect time to do it. People are pissed off over Sideshow's product, I'm guessing if HT would show a Grievous figure, they'd be up for that. Then there's the crowd who's waiting for HT all along.

If HT were ballsy they'd throw out an announcement like they did with their 1:1 Grogu. No figure or prototype or whatever, just some image saying: "Yeah, he's coming" with just the logo on his cape or something, that'd be it. People would know HT is going to make one, instead of just hoping for one.

Well done Sideshow. The only thing you managed to do was kill the value and desirability of the original figure. I hate all these ****ing reissues from Sideshow and HT. If you want to make the same character fine, but start over and try to improve. Or don't and move on to something else.

Regardless of material quality and joint issues he did look really good in Justin’s video. That 4 saber pose is so cool. Guess it just boils down to 1) If you get an unbroken copy and 2) How bad you want a Grievous on the shelf. Sideshow sucks either way though.
I hate that a decision to keep it puts money in their pockets for lying to their customers.
Yea he really does look good in the posing session at the end. I also think Justin was pretty right in saying that if SS would've just said this was a straight reissue, it might be a different story vs this being touted as a new and improved figure, which it obviously isn't. I think reactions would be a little different if that were the case where more than likely it would've been an assumption/hope on the collector that SS improved the figure from the original release with this reissue rather than it being previously stated by actual SS employees that this figure is a new and improved version that happens to look like the original. What I also think is sad is that SS won't even come out and make any sort of statement. At least HT had the balls to acknowledge that collectors weren't happy with the released MK85 Tony headsculpt and could exchange if they wanted to. They didn't admit they did anything wrong, but at least were like "hey, here's an updated headsculpt if you want it." When the new batch of Grevious gets released at the end of the year/beginning of 2022, I bet SS won't even say if they've made any changes during production. And even then, you won't even know if you might be getting someone's returned copy, left over stock from this initial run, or one from the latest batch. If I remember correctly, when SS updated their R2D2, they were still sending out left over stock of the old version to collectors. At least for that, the packaging was different so you could tell which version you were getting. I doubt that would be the case here.

Sideshow won't admit fault with anything they **** up no matter how inept, sorta like someone else in the news. Hell Sideshow won't even admit they sell returned figures as new, which is proven fact. At least they don't fight you on returns.

Last edited:
Well, this is interesting. Sideshow pushed my last flex payment back another month to October 10th. That’s the second time they’ve pushed it back 30 days for this thing. Maybe they’re waiting for more returned figures to come back so they can ship my, damaged, opened, used figure out to me.

If it was just the loose joints, fine. But you also probably need to smooth out edges of excess plastic, seal paint applications, and then still be SOL with splitting plastic.

Anyone ok with this release is some combination of deluded, a shill, a Grievous super fan with Grievous posters on the wall, or someone with no eye for quality who just learned they could save themselves a lot of money by sticking with Hasbro products.

Well, this is interesting. Sideshow pushed my last flex payment back another month to October 10th. That’s the second time they’ve pushed it back 30 days for this thing. Maybe they’re waiting for more returned figures to come back so they can ship my, damaged, opened, used figure out to me.

They aren't particularly good at covering their tracks. Just check if the shipper box has been double taped.

Judging by the quality based on the reviews I've seen, If this figure's price is half than what is currently asked I would consider getting it.

He's working really hard to do damage control on this figure so his pals at TW don't take a loss on it. If he had actually paid for it, he'd probably have a stronger opinion on this.
He does pay for them though. The only figures he seems to get for free are from ThreeZero.

"The odds of Hot Toys doing a Grievous, are at about 3%"

never-tell-me-the-odds-star.gif

It's always a 30 day push back. They keep your flexpay date the same so if it was supposed to be September 5th and they don't anticipate it available until September 6th, you get pushed to October 5th. It's a key reason I dumped flexpay years ago...

I think now would be the perfect time to do it. People are pissed off over Sideshow's product, I'm guessing if HT would show a Grievous figure, they'd be up for that. Then there's the crowd who's waiting for HT all along.

If HT were ballsy they'd throw out an announcement like they did with their 1:1 Grogu. No figure or prototype or whatever, just some image saying: "Yeah, he's coming" with just the logo on his cape or something, that'd be it. People would know HT is going to make one, instead of just hoping for one.
yeah well they did the same thing with the infamous bespin han remember half a photo a teaser and still nothing. And that was like what two almost three years ago now.

Back