1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well that`s good to hear. i`m happy with how my custom turned out. i managed to get the new grievous cape off TA so I'm glad for that.

Last edited:
Is it worth bothering with Grievous or is the figure more of a hassle than it’s worth? Kind of thinking of getting him, but haven’t decided.

Is it worth bothering with Grievous or is the figure more of a hassle than it’s worth? Kind of thinking of getting him, but haven’t decided.
I've been in this boat for awhile as well. Thinking I will wait to see if there will eventually be a deep discount. At the very least, something like one of those Free Shipping and $20 off type deals.
could always customize it like they did back then. to improve on it.
Not every one has the skill to customize theirs like you have though. If I recall, it was pretty involved. Nice looking end product though.

I think it’s an awesome looking figure. It has its faults but with the new arm joints it really does display well. I still need to try the split arms out on mine.

I love it. There was one on Sideshow Seconds the other day for 15% off, but it's gone. I was very annoyed with this figure like everyone else, but after I got the few issues fixed, I love it. Could it be better? Yeah, if Hot Toys did it, but it's still a great figure imo.

I had to get one of his hands replaced 3 times. They kept sending me one with a broken finger. But when I got that squared away, got the new arm joints, and got a replacement split arm that held, I was happy. Yeah..that sounds like a nightmare. But from what I've heard from people recently getting it is that the joints are much better. Sideshow CS is fantastic. I'll give them that, so as long as your okay with MAYBE having to get a new part shipped out, then you'll be happy. They were always quick about getting the pieces out. He displays awesome though. Wish they included the BD mask swap though.

ALL that said, I would wait until Star Wars week (may 4th obviously). Im pretty sure they'll have a discount and free shipping on him. They usually do for all their Star wars sixth scales.

Cool, thanks all for the input. Maybe I will see if there’s some kind of May the 4th deal on him. I feel like Grievous would stand out and my Prequel shelf is lacking at the moment (missed out on Dooku and all I have currently is Darth Maul from Solo).

I received mine a couple days ago. I haven’t messed with it much — it comes with a photo-copied pamphlet on how to handle it, and after barely touching the thing, I put it back and haven’t messed with it much. This thing is scary delicate (but so far the shoulder joint appears tight). The saddest part was on the last page of the “how to handle” booklet that states you should find a pose you like and then NEVER touch it again. So much for an ”action figure”.

I received mine a couple days ago. I haven’t messed with it much — it comes with a photo-copied pamphlet on how to handle it, and after barely touching the thing, I put it back and haven’t messed with it much. This thing is scary delicate (but so far the shoulder joint appears tight). The saddest part was on the last page of the “how to handle” booklet that states you should find a pose you like and then NEVER touch it again. So much for an ”action figure”.
Wait, seriously? If it actually says that that’s hilarious. My biggest fear with him is I’ll get him and put him on the shelf and one day he’ll tumble and break not only himself but possibly other figures around him.

Wait, seriously? If it actually says that that’s hilarious. My biggest fear with him is I’ll get him and put him on the shelf and one day he’ll tumble and break not only himself but possibly other figures around him.
Not really trying to self promote but that could definitely happen with the stock stand but with the one I make I can pick the whole stand up with him on it and turn it sideways and he stays in place. You can even put him on it in a full jump, no feet touching, if you want.
This is stand always an option for those not wanting to worry about Grievous toppling onto the floor someday. :)

F2F60220-AD7A-4038-BA42-9EF7197E51C9.jpeg

A49B8FD5-ADCE-4F66-8004-702D2C2B0286.jpeg

With all due respect to our very good friend, Stryker2011, there are a couple of points I'd like to clarify in this post, lest it cause some confusion for the next reader. First, the how to handle pamphlet is not an official Sideshow publication. The title of the 9 page Timewalker produced, photographic guide included with this customer's Grievous is "General Grievous 1/6 Scale Figure by Sideshow: Timewalker's Guild to Safe Handling." Because of the very well known production history of this item, we felt it might be a good idea to given our customers a bit of help in handling this item, as it is a "figure with delicate moving parts."

Second, in case Sideshow happens to monitor this forum, our booklet does not exactly say that one should put it together and "NEVER touch it again." Our language in the guide is a little more nuanced than that. The last paragraph of the guide reads as follows, "We hope you found these instructions helpful. The main thing is to take it slow and gentle. Don't get in a hurry, and don't be too forceful. We recommend that you find a pose you like, leave it, and enjoy!"

We took the time to create this guide, because, frankly, there seemed to be a vacuum of information from the manufacturer on the best way to handle this figure and we wanted our customers to be aware that we had been through the process of setting up our store display and what to watch out for. By the way, all of the Grievous figures we ship come with "Timewalker's Guide to Safe Handling" and while, we don't normally inspect figures before shipping, we have inspected all of our Grievous inventory to be sure our customers get product that is in good condition. Again, we felt this was the right thing to do given this this figure's production history.

Steven Allen~
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles

Not really trying to self promote but that could definitely happen with the stock stand but with the one I make I can pick the whole stand up with him on it and turn it sideways and he stays in place. You can even put him on it in a full jump, no feet touching, if you want.
This is stand always an option for those not wanting to worry about Grievous toppling onto the floor someday. :)

View attachment 574224
View attachment 574225
Actually I was thinking if I get him the stand is going to get an upgrade no matter what. The included one seems super flimsy. If I decide to get him I’ll be reaching out to you for a stand for sure. ;)

I've been in this boat for awhile as well. Thinking I will wait to see if there will eventually be a deep discount. At the very least, something like one of those Free Shipping and $20 off type deals.

Not every one has the skill to customize theirs like you have though. If I recall, it was pretty involved. Nice looking end product though.
yes it was. a lot of trial and era. i want to get one of those stands for him anyways. i did manage to get the new cape for him through TA . i want to redo his arms if i can find a spare set of split arms try to incorp. them over to the single arms

With all due respect to our very good friend, Stryker2011, there are a couple of points I'd like to clarify in this post, lest it cause some confusion for the next reader. First, the how to handle pamphlet is not an official Sideshow publication. The title of the 9 page Timewalker produced, photographic guide included with this customer's Grievous is "General Grievous 1/6 Scale Figure by Sideshow: Timewalker's Guild to Safe Handling." Because of the very well known production history of this item, we felt it might be a good idea to given our customers a bit of help in handling this item, as it is a "figure with delicate moving parts."

Second, in case Sideshow happens to monitor this forum, our booklet does not exactly say that one should put it together and "NEVER touch it again." Our language in the guide is a little more nuanced than that. The last paragraph of the guide reads as follows, "We hope you found these instructions helpful. The main thing is to take it slow and gentle. Don't get in a hurry, and don't be too forceful. We recommend that you find a pose you like, leave it, and enjoy!"

We took the time to create this guide, because, frankly, there seemed to be a vacuum of information from the manufacturer on the best way to handle this figure and we wanted our customers to be aware that we had been through the process of setting up our store display and what to watch out for. By the way, all of the Grievous figures we ship come with "Timewalker's Guide to Safe Handling" and while, we don't normally inspect figures before shipping, we have inspected all of our Grievous inventory to be sure our customers get product that is in good condition. Again, we felt this was the right thing to do given this this figure's production history.

Steven Allen~
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles

I think those were excellent ideas that really underscore the respect and appreciation I have for your store.

I look forward to your next volumes in the series: Mom, It's a Collectible, Not a Toy: Timewalker's Guide to Safe Handling Vol. 2 and Hide Your Toys! Look Who's Coming to the Family Reunion: Timewalker's Guide to Safe Handling Vol. 3.

I want to get him but it's $400 after shipping and taxes for me and I am not sure if I want to spent that much on something that has been widely perceived as being a bad figure by the community.
After the adjustments they made, he isn't bad really. The joints are nice and tight now and I personally really love it. He might even be part of Sideshow's 25% off sale on May 4th (I personally think he will be). You might even get lucky and they could have free shipping on him as well. The thing is when it released, yeah, it was a disaster. But once the joints were replaced, it was excellent in my opinion.

So Sideshow made changes to the figure so there's a V.2 (of the fig's second release...) in the past few months after the initial problems with loose joints etc?

And if you do buy from Sideshow, how do you know if what you're getting isn't one of the earlier version figs with the joint problems?

Back