1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it worth $285 shipped? That’s how much it will set me back with the sale, tax and shipping. This kinda reminds me of the bionicle toys. It’s not that bad right? Lol
I don’t really know if I would pay that much now that I have it. I somehow racked up a bunch of points from Alter Ego Comics and wound up getting it for like $50 all said and done.

I think it looks good, but it’s so delicate and he really can’t stand very well at all on his own. I still want to buy a custom stand from Cocoboloboy eventually.

I guess the one thing too is that I doubt that the character will be made by Hot Toys so if you want him this is probably the best option for the moment.

Someone really needs to own this and design/engineer a die cast version. Really thought SS would have grown some balls and did that with the re-release, but alas, they are content with being the beta producer in the market. I have the original and would not dream of shelling out almost $300 for it, but I do understand the dilemma. If I didn’t have it, I reluctantly would probably take the plunge.

I don’t really know if I would pay that much now that I have it. I somehow racked up a bunch of points from Alter Ego Comics and wound up getting it for like $50 all said and done.

I think it looks good, but it’s so delicate and he really can’t stand very well at all on his own. I still want to buy a custom stand from Cocoboloboy eventually.

I guess the one thing too is that I doubt that the character will be made by Hot Toys so if you want him this is probably the best option for the moment.
Someone really needs to own this and design/engineer a die cast version. Really thought SS would have grown some balls and did that with the re-release, but alas, they are content with being the beta producer in the market. I have the original and would not dream of shelling out almost $300 for it, but I do understand the dilemma. If I didn’t have it, I reluctantly would probably take the plunge.
Thank you guys for the honest info. I think I’ll now wait for a better deal to come around. I’m leaning towards getting the Armorer now.

Here's a couple shots after I messed around with this thing. (Man, what a delicate piece! And it doesn't have even half the pose-ability as shown in the promo images). I was shocked to find I could get it to balance for the photos, but it'll need a stand to prevent it from keeling over -- the one Sideshow provided is absolute $#!t and impossible to use. I ordered a custom stand from Cocoboloboy that is on it's way. I wish I could say that I'm completely happy with this purchase, but that would be disingenuous to say the least. It's scary to work with, very difficult to change it's poses, and would be hard to use for MY intended purpose. It does, however, look pretty bad-ass and will go great in any Star Wars display -- never to be touched again.

_DSC3667.JPG

_DSC3668.JPG

_DSC3669.JPG

I got Grievous to balance and stand once without using the display stand. I was afraid to leave it that way very long though so moved it. Currently he’s sitting on the floor leaning against my movie shelf. Waiting to purchase a better stand.

@Stryker2011 I don’t know if it’s done like this or not on yours but the Sideshow wire grabber is designed to grip the waist and “lock” in place. When it’s install on the figure properly you can pick the whole stand up while he’s on it and turn it nearly sideways without him falling off.

F2A0C284-B598-47B4-8421-F446631FC529.jpeg

If this ends up being a 20% off mystery deal with the free shipping I think I will finally jump on it. When does the sideshow sale ends? The 24th?

Damn no mystery deal on this guy. But caved in and purchased him since I had a 15% off promo code and it came with free shipping.

Still waiting for this to arrive at comics and cocktails in the U.K. only about 8 months late so far…
I asked when they’re expecting him and the response was just ‘I know, it’s taking forever, right?!’
Yes. It is taking forever but that doesn’t help me.

Still waiting for this to arrive at comics and cocktails in the U.K. only about 8 months late so far…
I asked when they’re expecting him and the response was just ‘I know, it’s taking forever, right?!’
Yes. It is taking forever but that doesn’t help me.

Too many cocktails, maybe?

Did he at least offer you a drink?

Back