1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is my collection of a droid army with there leader
IMG_0741.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg

Still pondering this guy. He’s in my cart at the moment. Once in a while if you keep something in your cart long enough Sideshow will send some kind of a promo.

Maybe it’s finally gonna show up in the U.K.!
I like to think I’m prepared for how much of a let down and how awkward to pose this will be but I’m sure sideshow will find a way to surpass my expectations.

So I decided to order this form Alter Ego Comics. Turned out I had some rewards points that were worth quite a bit. Got it for like $54.92 shipped. If it has problems I won’t feel that bad about it.

So Grievous arrived today. I unboxed it, tried to bend his single right arm at the elbow and it popped off already. Not a full break, and luckily it pegs back on, but that area where the pistons are at is definitely delicate and loose. Not super impressed with that at all.

Last edited:
I’ll be asking for a stand soon Coco! There’s no way he’s going to stand on his own or with that piece of junk stand Sideshow gives us. I mean overall the figure looks alright.. just very fragile. I feel like any wrong movement and something on him will break.

I’ll be asking for a stand soon Coco! There’s no way he’s going to stand on his own or with that piece of junk stand Sideshow gives us. I mean overall the figure looks alright.. just very fragile. I feel like any wrong movement and something on him will break.
I’ll tell you this, I’ve posed and reposed him numerous times but always very carefully. Grasping each joint at the point of movement and making sure to move it slowly while holding it as close to the point of movement as possible.

I was firmly against buying this figure ever since the boys at SS flat out lied about it being fully updated from it’s initial run but I found a deal on it second hand and bit. If it weren’t for the fact that nobody else has made this and won’t be for the foreseeable future I never would have gotten it. That being said, it’s impressive on display despite it’s flaws and I figure had anybody been crazy enough to take it on as a custom project they would be charging 3 times or more what SS‘s cost. And as far as waiting on HT to make it…well…that’s just pie in the sky thinking.

This is without a doubt a fragile figure and frustrating as all get out at times but if you want a Grievous on the shelf then this is it. If my stands ever helped a figure out before then this is the one for that. I can pose him doing whatever I want on it without any fear of him falling over. I imagine that‘s gonna take most of the frustration away from owning this or at least I hope it does for those that choose to bite the bullet and buy it.

Overall this simply looks good, really good, on display and as long as you can get past it’s fragility then you’ll be able to pose and enjoy.

Once I get one of Coco's stands I am going to work on fixing my Grevious's joints. I just do not trust the stand he comes with. My first Grevious from the first batch had amazing joints. No issues, but some paint on an arm was chipped. They had me send the whole thing back, and the replacement was basically useless, and that's the one I have now, It's exhausting.

With all the negative statement I’ve read, I stayed away on purchasing this, but the 15% off from sideshow is tempting.

I’m glad I got it heavily discounted. It’s a cool looking figure, but I’d super delicate.
Is it worth $285 shipped? That’s how much it will set me back with the sale, tax and shipping. This kinda reminds me of the bionicle toys. It’s not that bad right? Lol

Back