1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw a post from Jedha on IG as well. One of the fingers snapped off already and only the cape seems new.

I'm glad I didn't pre-order this. I will wait for Hot Toys.

This release must be quite a drop in quality it would seem. I moved a few years ago and put grevious in a large box (carefully) as I did’nt want to mess with him again too much in my next place. The pose I had him in held, he did’nt become all mangled and nothing broke. Just the “pistons” in his single (fused) arms slipped back into the arms a fraction.
So am interested to see more comments as people get him on the level of fragility

Let's say Hot Toys makes a Grievous; Does some crazy engineering, ratched joints, die-cast legs, fully articulated, eyeballrolling system, battle damaged parts, accessories like the cape, lightsabers, blaster, magnastick, that grapple-hook he has... basically the be-all-and-end-all Grievous figure. But due to the unique body and all the above features it will be $600 - $800.

Would you buy it?

Let's say Hot Toys makes a Grievous; Does some crazy engineering, ratched joints, die-cast legs, fully articulated, eyeballrolling system, battle damaged parts, accessories like the cape, lightsabers, blaster, magnastick, that grapple-hook he has... basically the be-all-and-end-all Grievous figure. But due to the unique body and all the above features it will be $600 - $800.

Would you buy it?
Yeah

Would you buy it?
Think most actually would. It would be a centerpiece in many collections.

Would you buy it?
500-600 price range is feasible.

Would you buy it?
I’d probably sell some stuff to fund it.

Would you buy it?
Without hesitation.

$800...nope. Closer to $600 I’d consider it. I actually don’t think an HT Grevious would cost more than $500 if they were able to preview it within the next year or two.

I kind of figured there'd be issues but I'm not even a huge Grievous fan. I would not buy a $400+ Hot Toys version, so I'll be fine with whatever I get when this arrives.

I kind of figured there'd be issues but I'm not even a huge Grievous fan. I would not buy a $400+ Hot Toys version, so I'll be fine with whatever I get when this arrives.
Go and look at Jedha Patrol's Facebook group. The reviews are bad, real bad. Arms that can't hold any position, just hanging. One wanted asked for a replacement, Sideshow's response was "we can't find another Grievous that doesn't have the issues you mentioned, we don't want to send you a figure in worse condition". Horrible, seems like all, even according to SS, figures have issues in some regard. That is not a good sign.

There's a review of this on YouTube now. Looks a bit better than the ones I've seen on FB, hopefully most receive a good copy. Needs to be careful when handling the thing, delicate piece.

Last edited:
1630011410856.png

:dunno:dunno:dunno

$800...nope. Closer to $600 I’d consider it. I actually don’t think an HT Grevious would cost more than $500 if they were able to preview it within the next year or two.
Same. This is my thinking as well. It would also probably be the first figure I'd consider putting on flexpay as well.

Back