1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So mines preparing to ship today. But more importantly, I got confirmation from a sideshow CS that you do send your order to the back of the line when making adjustments. When I got my processing soon noticing on Friday(8/20), I added the double box. All good right? Because it wasn’t charging until Today (8/24) so no problem! However when I went to see that familiar “preparing to ship” indication on my order history, it wasn’t there. Contacted support and asked if I kicked myself to the back of the line by making the adjustment. She said “That’s exactly what you did. When you make an adjustment, it negates the automated processing date. You shouldn’t make changes on the last day”. When I told her I made it on Friday and even showed her the “order updated” email, she said that it can still happen once you enter the “processing soon” stage and there’s a date set. I mean, I always “knew” this, but I never seen them confirm it. She pushed it through for me anyway. Anyway, makes me think that doing things like early payoffs and the like will do the same thing considering there’s times I get items that I ordered a month or two before release before those who ordered day one.

ANYWAY, so that made me panic for a minute because I have 6 figures ready to set up and I was waiting on this one before doing the re-arrangement.

So mines preparing to ship today. But more importantly, I got confirmation from a sideshow CS that you do send your order to the back of the line when making adjustments. When I got my processing soon noticing on Friday(8/20), I added the double box. All good right? Because it wasn’t charging until Today (8/24) so no problem! However when I went to see that familiar “preparing to ship” indication on my order history, it wasn’t there. Contacted support and asked if I kicked myself to the back of the line by making the adjustment. She said “That’s exactly what you did. When you make an adjustment, it negates the automated processing date. You shouldn’t make changes on the last day”. When I told her I made it on Friday and even showed her the “order updated” email, she said that it can still happen once you enter the “processing soon” stage and there’s a date set. I mean, I always “knew” this, but I never seen them confirm it. She pushed it through for me anyway. Anyway, makes me think that doing things like early payoffs and the like will do the same thing considering there’s times I get items that I ordered a month or two before release before those who ordered day one.

ANYWAY, so that made me panic for a minute because I have 6 figures ready to set up and I was waiting on this one before doing the re-arrangement.
This is interesting. So any sort of change to the order shuffles processing order. That seems fairly bizarre for something that should be a simple FIFO model... Thanks for sharing!

Hey guys, just thought I’d chime in with details of the original release. He was’nt fragile at all but definitely needs his stand. There are some ratchet joints but the pistons in his arms (single) will slip a little.
Sabers are magnetic and so are pads on his hands.
Unfortunately his head is still not accurate, the “ears” should angle in towards the face near the mouth. Someone on here modified theirs but it was crazy intricate “surgery”
Curious to see your thoughts when he arrives

Hey guys, just thought I’d chime in with details of the original release. He was’nt fragile at all but definitely needs his stand. There are some ratchet joints but the pistons in his arms (single) will slip a little.
Sabers are magnetic and so are pads on his hands.
Unfortunately his head is still not accurate, the “ears” should angle in towards the face near the mouth. Someone on here modified theirs but it was crazy intricate “surgery”
Curious to see your thoughts when he arrives
Thank you for the input! I will check when it arrives.

I remember when the old thread was active, with a lot of different intricate modifications people did to their Grievous in order to make it more accurate. Wonder why Sideshow didn't spend more of the R&D to the headsculpt, they said the eyes have been fixed but not too sure about that. The old eye-mod looks better than what is shown in the new promo pictures.

Anyway, I hope we soon see a review of the new version. Shouln't be too far away!

Saw a post on FB, sharing their experience with the new figure. It shares a lot of issues with the first release, some might even be worse.

- Arms can’t hold a pose, they just drop.
- Paint spills on parts
- Apparent mould lines

Underwhelming, indeed. I guess one shouldn’t have high expectations, which I never really had but still. Think the old thread needs to be revived with tips and modifications!

Mine shipped today. I had the previous version and sold it because the profit outweighed the enjoyment the figure gave me. I hit a bit of a prequel nostalgia vibe early this year and decided I wanted him back in my collection. I'm looking forward to seeing how it is. Fingers crossed.

Saw a post on FB, sharing their experience with the new figure. It shares a lot of issues with the first release, some might even be worse.

- Paint spills on parts
- Apparent mould lines

Underwhelming, indeed. I guess one shouldn’t have high expectations, which I never really had but still. Think the old thread needs to be revived with tips and modifications!
No reason to get your hopes down off one review. The person could've easily gotten a bad copy or their own disappointment is making them scream louder and exaggerate. I would wait for more reviews before making any assumptions just yet. Now, if more and more ppl report the same, then we know for sure it’s an overall issue with the entire run

Last edited:
Got mine today, arms pretty floppy, didn’t have much interest in unpacking it or inspecting further and submitted a return request. I’ll just wait for a hot toys version.

I suspect someone dedicated to having a Grevious in their collection could make it work, but new out of the box I expected better and would likely be unhappy with it long term. Maybe I even got a dud, who knows.

- Paint spills on parts
- Apparent mould lines

Just read that:

Finally arrived. I gotta say it’s slightly disappointing. Every mould line has separation, there’s spilled over paint in areas. Some of the plastic has unfinished areas and little nubs where they were cut. The arms can’t support themselves. The ball joints in the arms are from two pieces but they are separating. I’m happy to have a grievous, but I just wish my money was a little more appreciated. It does look good from a distance though lol. I’m gonna keep it and do my best to make it work. Still a character I really enjoy and I’m gonna keep it.

The first person to respond wrote this:

Got mine. Definitely has issues. The joints are tight but the peg points where the arms go in are worthless. Ultimately, I'm glad I got him but it's certainly not perfect.

I saw the short video clip on FB from that guy too, the joints are terribly loose. Glad I did not preorder this one, will wait for Hot Toys, and I strongly believe it will inevitably happens, being patient is the virtue.

Last edited:
Seeing a few bad reviews. Super disappointed. The one they had on unsealed and revealed looked decent. But of course they made sure they had a good one. They obviously didn’t do much updating

I've been looking for this one for years, luckily they re released it. I received it today. I will say, there are plenty of issues with it. Feels cheap. Light and cheap, but also a large piece. The "joints" are terribly fragile, and are almost wager to snap straight out of the box. Small details on the fingers and their attatchmeyns, the molding is so cheap its falling apart, right out of the box. Accessories are good. The staff is really nice and pops out. Sabers are clean enough and blades don't look too dated. Still will make it work and love it

Back