1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shouldn’t really say as I don’t own the old one. It just looks fragile and combined with the reports of it not being the most stable figure. Just thinking if it fell wrong it may be bad.

I owned the first version. It is not as fragile as some folks are making it out to be. It’s a bit finicky and has some delicate parts, but it’s not going to explode apart if you breathe on it.

Is it the most sturdy figure? No. The weird stand design doesn’t help with the stability either.

I don’t think the re-release will be an improvement even if they say it is. But the price is not bad and it’s the only game in town for now.

So I would say if you go in with some tempered expectations, it’ll be a good addition to a Star Wars display… as long as you don’t plan on moving it around too much.

I owned the first version. It is not as fragile as some folks are making it out to be. It’s a bit finicky and has some delicate parts, but it’s not going to explode apart if you breathe on it.

Is it the most sturdy figure? No. The weird stand design doesn’t help with the stability either.

I don’t think the re-release will be an improvement even if they say it is. But the price is not bad and it’s the only game in town for now.

So I would say if you go in with some tempered expectations, it’ll be a good addition to a Star Wars display… as long as you don’t plan on moving it around too much.

After seeing how most of the joints on this appear to be like a wrist peg joint I was curious how strong they were. From what I read I gather the joints are exactly the same as the original.

Kind of rethinking this figure. Curious to at least see a review from someone other than the Sideshow YouTube page. Might end up wanting him, and I have my doubts that we’ll get a Hot Toys version anytime soon.

Flex pay pushed back again until September. When did they originally have this listed as shipping? Was it July? They may as well just say 1st quarter 2022 now. I’m sure they knew full well it wouldn’t ship that soon. They just wanted people to preorder based on an erroneous, early date.

I wonder, why’s there such a lack of interest into this figure? For me it’s much anticipated, more than ever since there’s no Hot Toys in sight!
I have it preordered, but at Timewalker, so it'll be a while I bet til they send shipping notices.

I wonder, why’s there such a lack of interest into this figure? For me it’s much anticipated, more than ever since there’s no Hot Toys in sight!
I’m interested in it for the same reason.

The lackluster reviews of their first issue and that it appears as of right now that they didn’t really make any needed changes from that one to this one is probably keeping enthusiasm to a minimum.

I didn’t own the first issue so I’m excited to get this one. At least it looks like the paint apps were updated so that’s one plus so far.

I guess the lack of interest comes from the fact that it's basically a reissue. Was really impressed when it entered my collection 7 years ago. Still an impressive piece even though posing options are limited due to joints loosing strength over the years. A common issue with Sideshow's bodies that can be dealt with on most figures but is really challenging with such a unique design.

All you need to do is read the comments.
I do not really care about early reviews. So what if this release is as loose as the original? It is still Grievous and I save like $400 on buying it from Sideshow as a rerelease compared to going with Ebay!
Really? I wonder why my flex was pushed back until next month then.
Do not know why that is, I preordered the same day it went up for order. Hope it ships within three days, since final payment is due the 24th.

I do not really care about early reviews. So what if this release is as loose as the original? It is still Grievous and I save like $400 on buying it from Sideshow as a rerelease compared to going with Ebay!
Do not know why that is, I preordered the same day it went up for order. Hope it ships within three days, since final payment is due the 24th.
People aren’t excited because they are sceptical though, that’s my point.

Oh, ok. I thought you got a shipping notice. This ain’t shipping out for a while unfortunately.

People aren’t excited because they are sceptical though, that’s my point.
I see that. But, you have to consider the amount of 1:6 Grievous we have on the market. Sideshow, this time around, is our only option. Issues aside, I hope this version of Grievous surpasses their original release. But even if it doesn’t, I will still be happy to own a 1:6 figure of General Grievous!

Oh, ok. I thought you got a shipping notice. This ain’t shipping out for a while unfortunately.
E5B36054-838E-4BAB-BFA7-532D5BE5001B.jpeg
This is the mail I received from Sideshow, hope it is shipping soon.

Hard for me to get excited about this when its practically the same figure (minus the brand new cape that everyone was obviously asking for) that was released years ago.

I'm desperate for a Grievous but I don't think this one will be it for me. I look forward to the early reviews if this is shipping to some next week though.

Back