Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha love it, and the quality control looks outstanding, hope you take note Sideshow.

Well, I'm not entirely sure if this where this post belongs. However, it appears there is no such thread relating specifically to Lotr figures. So here it is! I have had these figures for a very long time, considering they were released to coincide with the showing of the Fellowship of the Ring in theatres. They were a birthday gift given to me as a child, so they are very close to my heart. They are a series 1 Fellowship of the Ring, special collectors edition with the rarer variant cloth cloaks, manufactured by Toybiz. I understand that these figures have subsequently been re-released a number of times and this has greatly affected their appeal to collectors. Regardless, I absolutely adore these figures not only for their sentimental worth but also the incredible detail they posses. If I am not mistaken I believe that these figures feature the actual likeness of their respective actors, captured through digital scanning. Something the later releases lacked. I recently decided to unbox the figures and make room for a little display, as I discovered their value has greatly plummeted of late and also because they really do deserve to be admired. I decided to go for dynamic poses for the display and for the most part they look rather convincing. I feel that I succeeded in creating an organic arrangement and they are very impressive to behold in person.

I did add a few little extra touches to the display, beyond the collector's set. Such as; I gave Aragorn Faramir's long bow, Samwise the frying pan and Legolas now has double the amount of arrows to better fill out his quiver, as well as a second fighting knife. I know they aren't exactly screen accurate, thanks to their little Lothlorien cloaks, but I do still I thoroughly enjoy them. I hope you can enjoy my meagre contribution!

12275614283_73a566b7f3_o.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I'm not entirely sure if this where this post belongs. However, it appears there is no such thread relating specifically to Lotr figures. So here it is! I have had these figures for a very long time, considering they were released to coincide with the showing of the Fellowship of the Ring in theatres. They were a birthday gift given to me as a child, so they are very close to my heart. They are a series 1 Fellowship of the Ring, special collectors edition with the rarer variant cloth cloaks, manufactured by Toybiz. I understand that these figures have subsequently been re-released a number of times and this has greatly affected their appeal to collectors. Regardless, I absolutely adore these figures not only for their sentimental worth but also the incredible detail they posses. If I am not mistaken I believe that these figures feature the actual likeness of their respective actors, captured through digital scanning. Something the later releases lacked. I recently decided to unbox the figures and make room for a little display, as I discovered their value has greatly plummeted of late and also because they really do deserve to be admired. I decided to go for dynamic poses for the display and for the most part they look rather convincing. I feel that I succeeded in creating an organic arrangement and they are very impressive to behold in person.

I did add a few little extra touches to the display, beyond the collector's set. Such as; I gave Aragorn Faramir's long bow, Samwise the frying pan and Legolas now has double the amount of arrows to better fill out his quiver, as well as a second fighting knife. I know they aren't exactly screen accurate, thanks to their little Lothlorien cloaks, but I do still I thoroughly enjoy them. I hope you can enjoy my meagre contribution!

12275614283_73a566b7f3_o.jpg

Does anybody have a solution for Boromir's bendy banana sword? It it by far the worst affected and from what I can tell a common ocurance with these Toybiz Lotr figure's swords.

I tried to put the Lego Orthanc on that shelf and its too tall...That shelf is 27 1/2 inches tall...Orthanc is like an inch taller...it sucks I cant put him in there

Back