Shaun Of The Dead!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaun04.jpg

This is a great shot. Makes the figure look a lot better. Still not sold on it yet though.

Wow, this is one of those rare occassions where SSC production figures actually came out better than the prototypes. Shaun looks great.

Nice pics, makes me regret canceling them. My only real complaint is the paint and the pants seem too long on Shaun but overall I like them.

From the neck up these look good. But what the hell is up with Shauns costume. The shirt looks bad, the tie is awful and the pants look bad too,the crotch area is much to long.

Eds shirt collar looks bad too.

But the paint apps came out good. I would still like to get them if I can find them cheap.

From the neck up these look good. But what the hell is up with Shauns costume. The shirt looks bad, the tie is awful and the pants look bad too,the crotch area is much to long.

Eds shirt collar looks bad too.

But the paint apps came out good. I would still like to get them if I can find them cheap.

If I remember correctly the shirt in the movie was like nylon or something right ?.
This looks almost like wool or a thick cotton.
The pants just look plain bad !. :rotfl
Its a shame , these two did a good job at putting the UK on the comedy horror run. Funny thing is , I know more guys not from the UK that like this movie more. :rolleyes:

Wow! These figures look so much better than the prototypes! Can't wait to get mine and see them in person!!!!!!

If I remember correctly the shirt in the movie was like nylon or something right ?.
This looks almost like wool or a thick cotton.
The pants just look plain bad !. :rotfl
Its a shame , these two did a good job at putting the UK on the comedy horror MAP. Funny thing is , I know more guys not from the UK that like this movie more. :rolleyes:

Corrected. :)

Well I'm from the UK and love the movie. But I don't like them at all, they look like cheap Hasbro/Zizzle figures. The Ed head is pretty good/OK but that is all I have positive to say about them.
They turned our exactly how I feared they would and I so hoped SST would pull something out of the bag at the last minute to make me want these.
I have to admit in these two shots below you've done an amazing job RoboDad of actually making this not look as bad as it is, but I'm very disapointed in these figures, and angry because I SHOULD want them.
And those outfits are appaling for a $60 figure, go back and look at the proto figures collar and tie, then at the product, cheeezuz!

shaun04.jpg

shaun07.jpg

These look WAAAAAAAY better than the protos. Amazing sculpts.

I can see the arguments in Shaun's clothing but I must say the heads look so good you'd hardly notice the clothes.

How can anybody can call Sideshow's 1/6 figures high end when they continue to churn out crap like this?
Once again the tailoring of what is the most basic of attire is poor and the only (slight) redeeming feature are the sculpts but overall both pieces are horrible.
I love Shaun Of The Dead and think it's a shame the license has been wasted on Sideshow as they could have been 2 great figures.

I hope that if this line does not continue we still might get a HOT FUZZ announcement and at least get the two guys (Nicholas Angel and Danny)...

I hope that if this line does not continue we still might get a HOT FUZZ announcement and at least get the two guys (Nicholas Angel and Danny)...

I would love that, but the police outfits would be far more complex than these, and there's no point doing them unless done well.

How can anybody can call Sideshow's 1/6 figures high end when they continue to churn out crap like this?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sculpts and paint apps really look pretty nice. I agree with Josh looking at them again that Ed's stubble is a little shaky. Shaun should be in the house today so I'll see if I can't take a few pics.

Oh well, can't please everyone :lol

I'm happy with how they look so far, and given that Snake Eyes is $120, getting both for the same price is okay by me.

I would love that, but the police outfits would be far more complex than these, and there's no point doing them unless done well.

I agree that the police outifts would be tremendously more complicated but if the detail that's in the Joe line (as visible with their first release of Snake-Eyes) could be used then it's definitely doable. I like the sculpts- and if the likeness is there for the two of them it's a hop skip and a jump to get licensing rights for HOT FUZZ... I'd love to see these two flanked by their two characters from the buddy cop film as well.... then with SPACED FINALLY being released on DVD here in the summer there might be a chance for a couple of more characters from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

Oh well, can't please everyone :lol

I'm happy with how they look so far, and given that Snake Eyes is $120, getting both for the same price is okay by me.
Exactly! I like them and after some tweaking and futzing with the clothing I they'll look even better. I tucked in Ed's 'Turtleneck', just like some did with T-800's shirt and it looked immediately better. I will probably have Josh work on Ed's paint a bit, but I really like the way Shaun turned out.

*sob* Pity that I canceled my order for both of these, but after seeing how they've turned out I'm going to have a crack at getting them further down the line.

I love them! Yes, Shaun's sculpt could have been better, but then many of Sideshows likenesses haven't always turned out as well as they could have. *shudders at the memory of the Buffy lines Faith figure*

Personally I think that they look a lot better then the prototypes and I agree, with the right pint job, and a bit of 'tweaking' here and there they could look really special.

I'm a huge fan of the film, and of Spaced for that matter, so having these two turned into 12" figs made my year! :lol

Back