Shaun Of The Dead!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy oversized pockets and ties Batman! The Ed Turtleneck is also disappointing. They are worth getting IMHO but not for retail prices.

Really? The Ed looks reasonable, but not great. Shaun is awful. His eyes are so big he looks like an alien.

And the outfits...Shaun's shirt and tie look like something you'd get on a $10 Zizzle figure. The huge oversized tie, those HUGE breast pockets on the shirt, the completely ill fitting clothes...All Ed needed was a t-shirt, and somehow he ended up with a turtle neck/t-shirt.

And the paint jobs? HT has spoiled us for facial hair, but that also means they've raised the bar for that kind of work. The sloppy hair line on Ed, the poor facial hair...no, I'm really not feeling it.

The pockets do look a little too large but the rest looks great. I think you might be hatin too much Mike.

It was a goofy show with goofy characters, so goofy figures are expected. I'll let you know how I feel about them tommorrow. But I'm sure they will look great with the Dead.

Really? The Ed looks reasonable, but not great. Shaun is awful. His eyes are so big he looks like an alien.

And the outfits...Shaun's shirt and tie look like something you'd get on a $10 Zizzle figure. The huge oversized tie, those HUGE breast pockets on the shirt, the completely ill fitting clothes...All Ed needed was a t-shirt, and somehow he ended up with a turtle neck/t-shirt.

And the paint jobs? HT has spoiled us for facial hair, but that also means they've raised the bar for that kind of work. The sloppy hair line on Ed, the poor facial hair...no, I'm really not feeling it.

You said "HUGE breast.":naughty

They turned out alright. I think the head sculpts are more accurate then many believe. The paint on Ed looks good, but Shawn's paint is a little less to be desired. The costumes do look sub par.
I still might get them at retail later.

Well, I will be replacing the tie on Shaun, maybe the shirt... not sure yet. Ed, I will probably just weather heavily and repaint. I think that Ed got the worst paint treatment, his beard is sloppily painted on... you can see paint on the ears. The hairline is horrific and the eyes aren't both facing the same direction.

Shaun just has wonky eyes, so not much bad there. But, after heavy work on my end... these figures will become the figures they should have been. :rock

If I can save Faramir, I can save these two.

Well, I will be replacing the tie on Shaun, maybe the shirt... not sure yet. Ed, I will probably just weather heavily and repaint. I think that Ed got the worst paint treatment, his beard is sloppily painted on... you can see paint on the ears. The hairline is horrific and the eyes aren't both facing the same direction.

Shaun just has wonky eyes, so not much bad there. But, after heavy work on my end... these figures will become the figures they should have been. :rock

:rock:rock:rock:rock

Can't wait to see them after your treatment doc.:D

I think they look great.
100.jpg

102.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

And just for fun....
108.jpg

They look heaps better than the pro pics. Shaun is now looking straight ahead too. I wonder why Sideshow haven't updated their site.

They look great-- but I'm glad that I cancelled my exc. and instead got the regular on special order from my Canadian retailer (and with Sam & Frodo coming as well the shipping and customs fees from Cali would've hurt something wicked:horror).

The items don't seem to be too special...

I'm tempted now to get the babysitter SDCC exc to pose behind them--- she'd look like a UK schoolgirl zombie...

I'm really digging Shaun's head sculpt. Even the turtleneck doesn't look that bad from further back. Great pics!

Wow they really do look good with The Dead... Can't wait to see more pics.

I agree...I don't own any of The Dead but I might go for one just to pose behind these guys as I doubt we're going to see any others in this line.:monkey2

The pockets do look a little too large but the rest looks great. I think you might be hatin too much Mike.

Actually I think you be SSC Defendin' too much Josh. :lol Usually I see your POV about 90% of the time but this time I agree with Mike 100%

It was a goofy show with goofy characters, so goofy figures are expected.

I disagree. I think with goofier characters subpar figures could end up looking too cheesy and Ed and Shaun are definitely riding that line. The goofier the character, the more the figure needs to be great to make it look respectable.

I have total faith in you Josh. Of course when you make them look tremendous then that means I have to find them cheaper than retail so I can justify sending them off. These definitely aren't HT priced figures and when you add retail, shipping, repaint costs, etc. They'll get there.

I really like this shot. It makes them look a lot better than in the box but still not to the level that I wanted.

I haven't had time to pose them with anything else yet, but here are a few shots of my Shaun:

shaun01.jpg
shaun02.jpg

shaun03.jpg

shaun04.jpg

shaun05.jpg

shaun06.jpg
shaun07.jpg

shaun08.jpg

shaun09.jpg

shaun10.jpg

My take is that the tie isn't too big at all, but the pants (as shipped) are way too high. I also don't see any problem with the eyes. The pockets may be a bit large, but not noticeably so when the figure is posed.

Overall, I like it a lot.

Back