1/6 Share your HT Star Wars collection Pics Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just unboxed Leia and put her with Endor Luke. Anyone have some suggestions on cameras for beginners? I use an iPhone and I'm looking for something that captures pics a bit more the way it appears in person.
2332dibui6x61 (2).jpg

Just unboxed Leia and put her with Endor Luke. Anyone have some suggestions on cameras for beginners? I use an iPhone and I'm looking for something that captures pics a bit more the way it appears in person.
View attachment 512444

Nice poses! They look very natural.
Try the portrait mode on the iPhone. It reduces the wide angle effect and can make the figures look better[emoji106]
dcc32867971502df79564e3300bdf95a.jpg
5738e6798c82830803406531878eb2ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone have some suggestions on cameras for beginners? I use an iPhone and I'm looking for something that captures pics a bit more the way it appears in person.

Depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend. Beginner DSLRs are not super expensive but lenses can get pricey.

There are some good quality point and shoot cameras that but you would want to spend at least $300-400 on one of those. Anything cheaper and your phone probably takes better pictures. But not a bad option if you want better pictures without picking up a DSLR.

The camera on the newest iPhones take excellent pictures as is, though. You may just want to use the money to upgrade your phone for the better camera depending if you have a previous model.

You can also use portrait mode or other photography apps that work with the iPhone camera to get more life like pictures.

And editing and post processing does a lot for your pictures as well, which may be all you need. Your posing looks great. If you crop the picture, edit it a bit, and add some bokeh, you may be satisfied with the results without changing anything else up.

Yeah guys awesome collections and thank you for sharing these pics. It shows a lot of dedication and serious attention to detail. Nice work!

Inspired!:wave

So as I'm quickly and surely running out of space in my current set up I'm trying to plan out a future set up that includes all of my current collection as well as my PO's and figures I'm on the fence about...

4CPAKfM.jpg

So as I'm quickly and surely running out of space in my current set up I'm trying to plan out a future set up that includes all of my current collection as well as my PO's and figures I'm on the fence about...

4CPAKfM.jpg

chrisstruthers have you finalized your display case options to just Detolfs or might you use something else to display your collectibles? With all the verious shows to come out, plus figures that have yet to be released from shows prior, I believe you will need more space. I personally like Detolfs, say over the Moducase units.
I like to get other collectors input.

chrisstruthers have you finalized your display case options to just Detolfs or might you use something else to display your collectibles? With all the verious shows to come out, plus figures that have yet to be released from shows prior, I believe you will need more space. I personally like Detolfs, say over the Moducase units.
I like to get other collectors input.

Nah Detolfs are just a placeholder but theres something about Moducase I just dont really like the look of too much though.

4CPAKfM.jpg

Damn. Mine won?t be this far off. Might need a few more detolfs if I don?t go another way. Maybe A wall of Billy cases with some nice doors. Also kinda thought about the milbos

I like to move stuff around, which is why I like the lightweight detolfs. Not ideal for a big diorama, speeder or a wide pose with a weapon, but they are nice and light. I've had to move some damn heavy furniture over the last couple of years with family, so I have ousted heavy furniture of my own.

4CPAKfM.jpg

impressive graphical skill, but I think Detolfs are just not that great.

4CPAKfM.jpg

Haha exactly what I did. Using the SS front page images for a mockup layout.

I am also no fan of Detolfs. I decided to make my own custom shelving though.

I setup a "stadium-seating" type display in my Moducase cabinets - these are two DF120s next to each other. These are quick pics from my iphone and don't do it justice.

Attachments

• full display.jpeg
    full display.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 77
  • rightside2.jpeg
    rightside2.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 68
  • leftside.jpeg
    leftside.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 54
  • rightside.jpeg
    rightside.jpeg