shades of Mordor Dio!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled the exclusive, because I don't think Frodo is needed.
In fact, I even think the piece is much better without Frodo.

Just the menacing look of the Wraiths, without that little hobbit ...

Technically they don't have to have to be stalking anything to make for a profound piece. A diorama can be a lone figure, a scene with multiple characters, or no characters at all, but vehicles or creatures perhaps. Frodo may enhance the piece, or he can detract from the piece depending how you perceive it. I know a lot of people have grown accustomed to Sideshow's dioramas being Something vs. Something, but that is not a true definition of a dio. The Ringwraiths in this case can hold their own without the Frodo piece, which I think would be more visually interesting. To the casual viewer, it lends an air of mystery of who or what these dark figures are and what? exactly is their purpose.

I agree 100% Blu Falcon, the Wraiths are so menacing even on their own, let's face it, if you recognise them for what they are, you KNOW what they are stalking!!! Might even be the observer as if this piece is displayed just above eye level then it's YOU they are after!!! :lol:monkey5

I agree 100% Blu Falcon, the Wraiths are so menacing even on their own, let's face it, if you recognise them for what they are, you KNOW what they are stalking!!! Might even be the observer as if this piece is displayed just above eye level then it's YOU they are after!!! :lol:monkey5

I agree with both of you guys. The scene is iconic and anyone familiar with LOTR knows exactly what's going on, with or without Frodo. That being said, while Frodo is not absolutely necessary to the dio, to me it's always better to have display options and the addition of that great looking Frodo piece certainly gives you that. :D

Last edited:
Frodo closeup...

goonies_sloth_1024.jpg

:horror

Slimey............... Spot on..... :lol

Ruth???

Baby????

:lol:lol:lol

received exclu #98 yesterday ... this collection of pieces is amazing. would have liked to see a bit more texturing of the wraith cloaks (give them more of a fabric versus plastic/vinyl feel), however, due to the scale, they came out without a complaint ... well, my witchking has a small paint flake / chip that i'll have to address but ah well ... IMO frodo is integral to this scene and the sculpt & paint on mine is beautiful & is my daughters favourite piece of the pack, so he has to be worth something kids! this one will not be sold.

Last edited:
Just received the EX in the mail - haven't removed the whole dio from the styro yet but I don't even need to to realize what avgem this is. The Frodo companion piece is ok - but I agree that it's not even necessary and I'm glad it's a standalone piece.

Well I got home from school and opened this guy up tonight and the bottom of the hood on the witchking was broke. I emailed sideshow and I hope they can send me a replacement. The rest of them are in great condition and I really like them all. One of the nicest dios they have made.

just got my excl. diorama # 128 and it came chipped.:monkey2 frodo looked freaking amazing :banana but two of the wraith's came chipped.:banghead:mad::( i didn't even check the rest the pain was to much.:sick sh_t happens i guess so i hit CS up for a lightning bolt return slip hopefully i get a replacement before x-mas. i'm sure they can make this right. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

just got my excl. diorama # 128 and it came chipped.:monkey2 frodo looked freaking amazing :banana but two of the wraith's came chipped.:banghead:mad::( i didn't even check the rest the pain was to much.:sick sh_t happens i guess so i hit CS up for a lightning bolt return slip hopefully i get a replacement before x-mas. i'm sure they can make this right. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

The wraiths feel really fragile. My witchking broke and they are shipping me a new one.

Hi everyone. Got my ex #111 Ringwraith at Weathertop Dio today and it was in perfect condition. I'm so happy! The Frodo piece is actually quite amazing and can be displayed alone. It has a nice size to it. The Wraith are all BadA$$ in their own poses with actual metal swords. The Witchking has his Morgul dagger permanently attached in his right hand. It's not metal though. The base is solid and heavy and is numbered underneath. The Wraiths and Frodo pieces are not numbered & have no markings on their bases. I haven't displayed them yet or photographed, but I will as soon as possible. :banana

Well, I had to cancel mine :sick. I've had a lot to replace in this flat over the last month and just couldnt finds the funds for this too, especially since I only wanted Frodo.

So, if anyone does not plan opn displaying Frodo and wants to sell their Frodo to me, please lemme know :naughty :rock

This piece certainly does look incredible, from the piccies so far even I like the Wraiths, and I don't collect bad guys :lol :rock
x :peace

This is a great dio. Frodo is amazingly detailed, better in person than the pictures. It really embodies the spookiness and each figure has a unique pose even though the suggested display can make it all look alike. No pegs, stays on base with magnets. Wish the base was larger so the display can be splayed out more. Very heavy display.

Recieved mine yesterday in the UK. Overall its a nice piece for the money although a lot smaller than I expected. The specs on the Sideshow page say it is 12" high when in fact its barely 10". The individual figures are great however and the option to pose them how you want is a very good idea. The Frodo companion piece is a good sculpt but the paint job lets it down a little and is in no way essential to the overall piece. Looking forward to dispalying with the Sideshow Weta bust and RWOS!!

Recieved mine and it's all good (#284) :banana

Surprised at the 'magnet' fixture though as it seems very, very weak to hold the pieces enough to stop them moving about. The 'Dark Counsel' dio's magnet damn near takes your finger off! Anyone else find this is the case?

Received mine in France on 24th, thank you Santa :banana

That piece is my first Lotr statue, there is no human face so I thought it will be perfect...... amazing statue... so heavy and such a cool base (look at the last pic)

As the shades come from the Dark, I took pictures in the dark :emperor

and the result is better than my expectations...awesome pics for an awesome statue !!!

dsc6762.jpg

dsc6747.jpg

dsc6756j.jpg

dsc6753.jpg

dsc6766b.jpg

dsc6742.jpg

Back