Mego GI Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
This came out of nowhere:
G.I. Joe x Mego Ninja Rivals Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow 2-Pack
$59.99 Ships this Fall.
Snake Eyes. Storm Shadow. A rivalry for the ages, born out of the shattered bond between brothers-in-arms. We’ve teamed up with Mego Corporation, creators of a classic action figure style with soft goods costume pieces, to bring these iconic G.I. Joe characters into the fun, retro Mego style for the first time ever… with the same premium details G.I. Joe fans look for.

Includes: 2 figures and 14 accessories.

• Legendary Hasbro characters in a nostalgic, 8-inch-scale Mego style
  • Premium Hasbro attention to detail
  • Detailed helmet sculpt and paint hits honor the OG characters
  • Removeable, premium soft-goods ninja costume pieces with character-inspired detailing
  • Character-inspired weapon and gear accessories
  • Highly poseable for play or display… your way
  • Collectible packaging inspired by classic G.I. Joe cardbacks
Available to preorder now on Hasbro Pulse:
https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-...ip0m99YEBxEc20KQC-u-gFZXyBs9BQCI8JDm0=.LqpvWS
PULSE_GIJ_MEGO_SNAKE-EYES-V-STORM-SHADOW_SQ_06_2000x.jpg

PULSE_GIJ_MEGO_SNAKE-EYES-V-STORM-SHADOW_SQ_04_2000x.jpg

PULSE_GIJ_MEGO_SNAKE-EYES-V-STORM-SHADOW_SQ_07_2000x.jpg

506677_PROD_GIJ_MEGO_SNAKEEYES_STORM_SHADOW_0003_2000x.jpg

506677_PROD_GIJ_MEGO_SNAKEEYES_STORM_SHADOW_0232_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
What is not mentioned is that the figures shown here are the old-style Mego bodies. Mego had to rush and present their prototypes and did not have the new bodies available for the photo shoot. It was reported that Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow will be the official release of their new bodies which will have 26 points of articulation. Also, there are rumors of Zartan with color-changing skin tone being in the works. Mego Corp. has also reported that they are looking to go deep with this line and are currently working on a new female body for Baroness, Lady Jaye, and Scarlett if these sell well, which they have been. On the live streams, fans have been asking for Destro, Cobra Commander, and Cobra Viper with vac metal face masks. Stay tuned Joe fans. Mego has proudly stated that they are looking to keep costs low for the collectors and promises to deliver the best quality for their price range. They said they are looking to knock the socks off $30. 6" plastic figures. Yooo Joe!

Last edited:
It's good to hear that these are popular. I didn't grow up with Megos, I was born just after the interest waned, I did see them in stores briefly and the closest equivalent I had was a Remco 9" Creature from the Black Lagoon I found in Woolworths in 1980.
If the new bodies look good, I might just pick a few of these up!

Back