SDCC's 5 12 inchers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was considering buying one of those last remaining Kong armatures but this has put that out of my mind. Jabba and all that goes with him will be in My Orders by Sunday.

- J!

I can't wait to see this stuff tonight. I sold all my old SW toys when I was young and I had the whole Jabba set up. This will be a must have for me.

I'm very pleased with the new announcements,the first 12" SW female,more aliens,all the new figs being from the OT and a figure that doesn't have a standard body type (Jabba). Not sure I'll be able to get everything but I'm definitely in for Jabba and his throne.

Does anyone know if sideshow will be posting a pre-order for any of these in the near future?

Thanks

Does anybody know what Leia was wearing (if anything) underneath her Boussh guise? I'm guessing SSC may include another outfit.

Batty said:
For $200 the Jabba Environment should include carbonited Han. Possibly electronic.

Wow, hadn't even thought of that. Hopefully we'll find out in a few hours.

why would a throne, which is really just a slab of plastic, and a pipe and bowl setup cost $200 and jabba himself only cost $120? this makes no sence. jabba is the piece that's most elaborate with the possible moving parts and such. the throne is just a rectangle piece of plastic with some goofy sculptures on the front.

i'm betting the $200 throne enviroment includes jabba with his throne. otherwise, that's just loony.

anyone agree?:confused:

i imagine sideshow is giving customers two options, own jabba by himself for $120 or get the whole setup with jabba for $200. i could imagine the throne setup being $80 but no way it's worth $200.

Last edited:
I recognize that most of you guys order PF statues, which are in many cases much more expensive than this Jabba environment. So I don't know why you are expecting so much. :confused: I would expect a light up Han in carbonite to go from $50 - $75 by itself, if done with quality.

It depends how elaborate the whole set-up is. If it is just his flat pallet throne with the hookah, 199.00 seems a lot high, but if they have a little space for other figures, a bit of the Rancor pit, and the archway over his head, and Han in Carbonite behind him, then this price seems much more reasonable. Maybe the 199.00 is Jabba and the Throne, as it doesn't make much sense to buy the throne if you aren't getting Jabba. I am really looking forward to all of these though, and with a little window of time before they hit, at least I can brace myself!

Looks like I will cancel PF boba to switch out for this bad lad!

JustinLuck said:
Captain Sack, again it depends on the quality of the piece.

there is no way jabba's throne, some pillows and the pipe and bowl that has those frogs in it is worth $200, unless it's an actual screen used minature form ROTJ.:rotfl

i don't care how eloborate it is, if it costs $200 it should come with jabba.

sideshow did a furnace environment for freddy kruger and it was really cool and only cost $40. no way jabba's throne is worth four times more than that.

6606R_image01.jpg

I am sure it is larger and will be more elaborate than that. Remember how large Jabba will be in 1/6 scale.

JustinLuck said:
I am sure it is larger and will be more elaborate than that. Remember how large Jabba will be in 1/6 scale.

we're talking about a rectangle slab made out of plastic, resin or foam or something. probably about 3 inches tall, 15 inches long and 8 inches deep. if sideshow tries to charge $200 for that and some bowls, they're crazy. :rotfl

i just hope that prices are subject to changed. Either way, if the environment will not include an exclusive product or inclusive, might as well get it from an internet seller for lesser price.

captain sack said:
we're talking about a rectangle slab made out of plastic, resin or foam or something. probably about 3 inches tall, 15 inches long and 8 inches deep. if sideshow tries to charge $200 for that and some bowls, they're crazy. :rotfl

Perhaps its Jabba at $120 alone, and if you pick up Jabba AND the enviroment it will be $200....We will all know in a few hours...

King Darkness said:
Perhaps its Jabba at $120 alone, and if you pick up Jabba AND the enviroment it will be $200....We will all know in a few hours...

that's what i said in post #369. :rotfl

and if so, that is very reasonable.:cool: and add in crumb and whatever else for $30 and i can live with that, though he should come with jabba. if they can sell jabba for $120, then the whole setup, including the salacious crumb expansion pack should be about $200.

Last edited:
Back