SDCC 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I wasn't skipping this year. This looks like it's going to be a fantastic Comic Con with all the great stuff that's coming out.

Don't they start selling the tickets for SDCC like a year early ? Like 2013's show tickets will be for sale at this years show ? I don't know.

No more on-site sales. All tickets for SDCC 2013 will be sold during next year's membership online sale.

I really wish they would have never changed the system. On site sales use to be a snap. The online sales have been a friggin nightmare for some. At least those who wanted to attend and knew it a year ahead of time could buy the tickets they wanted. The only problem was they barely limited the sales so folks complained about it being unfair but for those who go every year and support every year, they should get a better shot at going. IMHO.

Last edited:
Looking around on the web it looks like this year's attendees will have a chance to register first for next year right after the con but nothing official yet.

Yeah they do, and I know the whole weekend entrance usually sells out in a few days. Single day tickets last longer.

That's definitely not the case the last two years. This year they sold out of all passes online in less than 1.5 hours. A limited amount of tickets were available at last year's convention for this year's convention, but you had to be in line several hours in advance to make the cutoff. I believe that's why they are going away from offering advance tickets for next year on site this year. The demand has made it a difficult process to manage.

I'm not sure whether it will be onsite or online but they said something like there would be no onsite sales during the con, maybe after or maybe an online one for attendees this year? I am waiting and so are some of my friends and customers to find out exactly how they will handle it. I personally don't like the online sales because their system is so faulty. I'd rather take the time in the morning and get it done for sure.

^ heh, you really don't want to waste a day spending it in some line. Which it has become, even for some panels.

They just really need to move to a bigger venue. I remember last year people were making jokes about how twilight was to blame for tickets selling out so quickly, and that just wasn't the case.

^ heh, you really don't want to waste a day spending it in some line. Which it has become, even for some panels.

They just really need to move to a bigger venue. I remember last year people were making jokes about how twilight was to blame for tickets selling out so quickly, and that just wasn't the case.

Yea I don't mind spending the time in line for a panel but I refuse to spend time in line to get tickets for next year. I had no problem getting 2 4-day passes this year with preview night online.

Yea I don't mind spending the time in line for a panel but I refuse to spend time in line to get tickets for next year. I had no problem getting 2 4-day passes this year with preview night online.

It really wasn't that big of a deal. I did it thursday morning and was on the floor by 10:30 or something.:dunno

That only works if you don't need to be in line at like 6am to get into Ballroom 20.

People have different priorities. Honestly, I probably only get to do about 10-15% of the things I wish I could at SDCC. Making sure I was locked in for this year was at the top of my list.

People have different priorities. Honestly, I probably only get to do about 10-15% of the things I wish I could at SDCC. Making sure I was locked in for this year was at the top of my list.

I want to go next year just for Sideshow and Hot Toys. What else is there at SDCC?

It really wasn't that big of a deal. I did it thursday morning and was on the floor by 10:30 or something.:dunno

Thursday morning was probably the best day. There were people waiting outside the hotel on Friday night at 6pm to get tickets the next morning. :cuckoo:

I had no problem getting tickets online again this year. No way am I wasting time waiting in line for tickets for the following year. I have way too many exclusives and panels to wait in line for.

I want to go next year just for Sideshow and Hot Toys. What else is there at SDCC?

Pretty much everything.

Thursday morning was probably the best day. There were people waiting outside the hotel on Friday night at 6pm to get tickets the next morning. :cuckoo:

I had no problem getting tickets online again this year. No way am I wasting time waiting in line for tickets for the following year. I have way too many exclusives and panels to wait in line for.

I don't begrudge anybody for waiting in any line, even if it's for the Twilight fanfic panel. I choose not to stand in a Mattel line for 2 hours and that's fine with me. I don't do Ballroom 20 but I've no problem with the people who do. I just find it more stressful to have to do an online panic dash for tix and hope they retain a policy that allows yearly fans some early access.:peace

Pretty much everything.

I don't begrudge anybody for waiting in any line, even if it's for the Twilight fanfic panel. I choose not to stand in a Mattel line for 2 hours and that's fine with me. I don't do Ballroom 20 but I've no problem with the people who do. I just find it more stressful to have to do an online panic dash for tix and hope they retain a policy that allows yearly fans some early access.:peace

I have a feeling they are gonna make everyone resign up for their membership again. What they should do is secretly cap the membership with the number of tixs avail.

You'll end up doing sdcc in like 20 minutes then, heh ;)

Is there even a SS panel this year? Or a Ht one?

Back