SDCC 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
believe me
I'm a fan, and really wanted to go there, but hey no pressure here, i'm just asking...
once again, i'm genuinely curious about the process

I dunno, I thought it was easy.

Got on their mailing address. They emailed me when member id registration was open, then I registered for my member id. Then they emailed me when tickets were going to go on sale. So I took my member id, woke up, went to the site, waited in line and then got my tickets. Then they emailed me when hotel registration was going to be. Looked at the list, picked my hotels, then went to the site the day it was open and put my hotels in.

I am all set to go and it took no more than 10 minutes of reading and I never had to leave my house. I got 2 tickets with preview night and 6 days at the San Diego Marriott Marina and Marquis. I thought the whole process was pretty painless.

wow
i mean, i dunno what to say, it looks complicated when we're going to their website
so tell me this, for next year, all I have to do is to wait until they open the registration again to become a member to get my member id
then the rest of the process would be like you said (I guess)

well thanks for the info

wow
i mean, i dunno what to say, it looks complicated when we're going to their website
so tell me this, for next year, all I have to do is to wait until they open the registration again to become a member to get my member id
then the rest of the process would be like you said (I guess)

well thanks for the info

Yep, it should be that easy. I will give you the fact that their site is not user friendly. But as long as you follow them on twitter and get on their email mailing list, you should be good and then once you get a member id everything goes through there and you use the same one each year.

I dunno, I thought it was easy.

Got on their mailing address. They emailed me when member id registration was open, then I registered for my member id. Then they emailed me when tickets were going to go on sale. So I took my member id, woke up, went to the site, waited in line and then got my tickets. Then they emailed me when hotel registration was going to be. Looked at the list, picked my hotels, then went to the site the day it was open and put my hotels in.

I am all set to go and it took no more than 10 minutes of reading and I never had to leave my house. I got 2 tickets with preview night and 6 days at the San Diego Marriott Marina and Marquis. I thought the whole process was pretty painless.

Sorry
just to clarify, you took your member id, woke up, went to the site, waited in line and then got my ticket
tickets here meaning badges??

Sounds like they have the rooms down pretty good. Staying with some fellow freaks in a condo down in the gas lamp area. Easy walking distance to everything I'll need during the week. I'm really ready for this show to start already.

man I am so lucky my family still lives in SD. I can't imagine how much planning and expensive it must be for travel and hotels and food for so many days.

Whenever I'm at San Diego Comic Con or Wondercon I always see this guy there. Be careful he'll try and trick you into buying an autograph. :lol

Ao34YtcCEAERvpc.jpg

gotta feel bad for those that get an autograph table and no one cares to see them. strange thing is that they're fairly close to the entrance too.

gotta feel bad for those that get an autograph table and no one cares to see them. strange thing is that they're fairly close to the entrance too.

Yeah, I avoid eye contact at all costs.

Have to use that strategy around artist alley and small press sometimes too:huh

That is the one thing I have to go over. When I go down the artist alley, I feel bad looking at someones stuff and not buying anything.

I also never have anything to say except the standard praising their work.

the artists get it though...they don't expect every person to buy something. i am sure they appreciate the praise as well

the artists get it though...they don't expect every person to buy something. i am sure they appreciate the praise as well

The other thing is to not crowd in front of another artists table if you're waiting for somebody else. Very rude and it happens too often:nono

Ahh man I do the same thing. :lol I've had times when I'll pass by an artist or celebrity and they're table will be empty and they just look up at me with these puppy dog eyes hoping I'll recognize them and I just feel bad.

Barring any major issues here in Vegas I will be there this year. Really looking forward to meeting up with the Freaky Friends again.

Back