Scottyb AKA ROTS V2 Anakan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Scottyb AKA (yourmaster) New Revan Sculpt Wip

Here is my new Malak Sculpt Star wars Nerds! Im not really happy with my paint im kinda rusty!(still need to add the head tatoos) It took me like 3 hours to sculpt him I plan to re sculpt him starting next week but I want to take a lot more time with it and get it to perfection then offer the sculpt to U all for sale.

Hope U all like it I Would appreciate any comments or changes ud like to see for the next version of him.

Enjoy Regards YourMaster

100_08921_zps45784d04.jpg

100_08911_zpsff18e779.jpg

100_08901_zps4bf7f2de.jpg

100_08941_zps3bd06d2f.jpg

100_08981_zps16bec558.jpg

100_08961_zpse556be82.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Scottyb AKA (yourmaster) Darth Malak Sculpt

Haven't played the game but just looking at the head it looks good...nice job.

Love the paint work especially the eyes. I still can't manage to paint eyes like that :/

Thanks for the comments guys Painting these heads is a lot of fun! I need to make more time for this hobby and I plan too.

Its means a lot to have compliments from the mighty Chakaman And Lord Katkuru Your guys work is inspiring. If not for the work of the people on this fourm id have no motivation to work on stuff like this. U guys raise the bar cheers.

What kind/brand of paint do you use Scotty??

I use liquidtex soft body for the faces and skin tones diluted with bottled water. Buying good paint is killer on the wallet but makes all the diffrence in application. I was luckey to score a bunch of good colours when they were on clearance at Michels.

If im painting like armour or something all try to use a thinker paint that requires only 2-3 coats. I have some liquidtex grey heavy body that is nice for stuff like that.

I use liquidtex soft body for the faces and skin tones diluted with bottled water. Buying good paint is killer on the wallet but makes all the diffrence in application. I was luckey to score a bunch of good colours when they were on clearance at Michels.

If im painting like armour or something all try to use a thinker paint that requires only 2-3 coats. I have some liquidtex grey heavy body that is nice for stuff like that.

I use the same stuff. Its funny, I bought a s***load of paint when they were 50% off at Hobby Lobby. When you water it down a bit, its great to work with.

Good stuff man. Thanks for the kind words earlier. :)

Thanks man yea I think I'm going to invest in some Liquitex. I just use folk art craft paint. its good stuff and ive used it for years but ive been curious if paying more for some liquitex would be worth it or not. From what you've said, I'd say so :) will buy some tomorrow and experiment

Thanks man yea I think I'm going to invest in some Liquitex. I just use folk art craft paint. its good stuff and ive used it for years but ive been curious if paying more for some liquitex would be worth it or not. From what you've said, I'd say so :) will buy some tomorrow and experiment

This is where people make the mistake. They say when they get better they will buy the better paint/brushes. Its dosnt work that way in this hobby. U might be able to get by with lesser qaultiy brushes but the paint is 75% of the battle not joke. When U switch to artist quality paint u will notice better results garunteed.

Im not saying this paint is the best either just to clear that up. But if u want a paint that easily mixes with water with really good result id say the liquidtecx soft body is really great place to start. I have not much other experiences with different brand paint other than the dollor store stuff lol.

Re: Scottyb AKA (yourmaster) Darth Malak Sculpt/Nihilus Almost finished

My photgraphy is terible and im not doing the figure any justice In hand he looks menacing but I wanted to show it anyway.

He is basically now finally ready to move ahead to production. A few small minor tweaks Along with finalizing all the length's of the tunic cape and skirt. I will still make some slight changes to the skirt but it is now pretty much the end product.

Tomorrow I will finalize his lengths and start the weathering. Aside form all that I need to find some boots that I can buy 10-15 pairs of and he is done.

I hope u all enjoy him i very proud of this custom cant wait to put a few of these on your guys shelfs!

Regards YourMaster

100_0929_zps67db286b.jpg

100_0928_zpsba288be6.jpg

100_0931_zpsdbd8e54e.jpg

100_0932_zps28b3f6e7.jpg

Wow dude, that looks great!! The tailoring on the outfit looks sensational. You should be very proud, well done.

By the way, I'm still interested in one. So hopefully I'll have some better shelving units bythe time he's done, so he can go on display w/ my other Sith. Also, is this only be offered as a full figure or could somebody purchase all the component parts sans body? I ask because I always tend to switch out bodies and or modify them.

Hey guys thanks very much. He was so much fun to work on. I wish i had the photography skill some of U have. The only way i get good pics is outside in the sunlight.

100_0965_zps378605e9.jpg

Hey guys thanks very much. He was so much fun to work on. I wish i had the photography skill some of U have. The only way i get good pics is outside in the sunlight.

100_0965_zps378605e9.jpg

I feel ya' man. I don't have the proper equipment to get the type of pictures I'd like too. Still, he looks pretty damn magnificent in this photo.

Looks awesome! Liquitex ya say? What kind of water to paint ratio? I use reaper paints however I need something that doesn't dry so quickly. If that's the way to go idm the $$$, I already pay $3 a bottle for 1/2 a ounce of Reaper paints anyway...

Back