SCAM EBAY SELLERS!! Beware of these guys ( red_star2013 and sc store9999 )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been nearly 2 years for me since purchasing a pre-order from sc_store9999. I should've known but luckily only spend $90. I kept getting responses about shipping delays and other lies. Most recent was back in June "item received had small defect so we returned to provider for repair."

I'm wondering about buying a bunch of their cheapest items in stock (that I might use), then leaving negative feedback with warnings for all of them.

Hey fellas!

I’ve got in touch with a seller on FB Marketplace for a clone. Price is really good, but seller doesn’t have a normal profile, no picture and can’t see any information on her/his profile.

How would you proceed? Would like to get the item verified in some way. Can’t meet up since seller’s based in another country. What should I ask in order to be certain the deal is secure?

I get “if price seems too good to be true, it probably is” vibes.

You really want to be the first guy through the door?.......i would let somebody else take the bullet.

So after this action figure debacle I tried buying something more simple ...a PS4 controller

This guy had some new ones on sale for 60$ free shipping inside Canada. So I think it's less risky than China and it seemed a run of the mill ebay offer. So I pay and next day "ebay has removed this item from the site"

same ****...is everyone a scammer now?

If everone included their scammers name it would be usefull & we could all avoid them.

So after this action figure debacle I tried buying something more simple ...a PS4 controller

This guy had some new ones on sale for 60$ free shipping inside Canada. So I think it's less risky than China and it seemed a run of the mill ebay offer. So I pay and next day "ebay has removed this item from the site"

same ****...is everyone a scammer now?
Yeah, I've been burned by DS4's on eBay, I got 2 fakes that barely worked. I got a third legit one and will keep the others for spares like buttons and triggers, certainly not the electronics though.

I wouldn't tar every eBay seller with the same brush. There are some good sellers still out there, finding them is ever harder though.

It's been nearly 2 years for me since purchasing a pre-order from sc_store9999. I should've known but luckily only spend $90. I kept getting responses about shipping delays and other lies. Most recent was back in June "item received had small defect so we returned to provider for repair."

I'm wondering about buying a bunch of their cheapest items in stock (that I might use), then leaving negative feedback with warnings for all of them.

This is what happened to me, except they kept the deposit and then I saw they were parting out the figure. They replied they could send me an incomplete loose version (!?). I did exactly what you suggested, bought the cheap stuff & left them 12-15 negs over a couple months. They were distressed and asked me to stop, but I doubt they stopped their bad practices. They promised to send a refund but never did.

Maybe we should all buy 1 cheap thing (they typically have a bunch of stuff under $5 shipping included) and neg bomb them?

worth knowing ; when you are buying goods if the checkout system tries to send you thru paypal to then use your credit card you will not have credit card protection as the direct line of money from card company to vendor has a third party inbetween, this was just explained to me by my card company as the reason my claim against redstar scammer was rejected.

Is One Sixth Corner Collectibles a reputable company? Has anyone bought from them?

worth knowing ; when you are buying goods if the checkout system tries to send you thru paypal to then use your credit card you will not have credit card protection as the direct line of money from card company to vendor has a third party inbetween, this was just explained to me by my card company as the reason my claim against redstar scammer was rejected.
So the only protection one would have is Paypal protection for 180 days?

Yeah, I've been burned by DS4's on eBay, I got 2 fakes that barely worked. I got a third legit one and will keep the others for spares like buttons and triggers, certainly not the electronics though.

I wouldn't tar every eBay seller with the same brush. There are some good sellers still out there, finding them is ever harder though.
So I was quicker to react this time. All his other listings were also pulled from ebay the next day, so I called ebay and they initiated a refund right away (and did not ask me to wait for the item) and got my money back . The seller then sent me long non-sensical , semi-threatening garbled rants via ebay messages. I won't post them here but it caused me some anxiety so I had to call ebay again to make sure everything was ok (it was).This was sort of the last straw for buying anything outside of sellers I've know for years.

Last edited:
Yeah, unless I know the seller now I do try not click any that I don't. That 'need monster' can be hard to ignore sometimes though so you do find yourself in the 'if I don't get it now I never will' trap and you click 'Buy It Now'.

Okay, they almost got me. I've purchased many items from this seller, (since they are all pretty much one entity under different names) over the last couple of years with zero problems, but things took a turn and because of this thread, I was proactive on what could have been a loss. I ordered two 1/6 head sculpts on 10/18 and was reminded by email that it was a preorder item due 4th quarter 2021. No big problem as it's a preorder on BBTS as well. On 12/13 I got notified my items were delivered. Get home, open package, received one cheap @55 refrigerator magnet with hook. Take photos, contact seller (in this case it was red_star1689) about the situation. They reply not to worry as it's a preorder item and will ship when they receive, offer VIP gift, etc. I reply that they totally glossed over the fact they shipped me a magnet instead. They send another reply exactly the same as the first with no comment about the magnet. I open case with ebay. After no further word from them, I open case with PayPal. I show them screenshots of the messages, show them the magnet photo, and explain they've been doing this for a while now and mentioned about reading similar scam stories online. I explain their scam is to ship SOMETHING so they can claim it was delivered and never have to deliver. PayPal refunded me right before Christmas. So I'm done with ALL their stores. I'll just wait a little longer and spend a little bit more and get it from BBTS from now on.

Hi just received another email from my credit card company saying they have refunded my money from red_star2013 for a hot toys captain marvel so that makes 5 refunds & 1 refused claim , hopefully these will start to affect the scammers merchant credit rating, cheers.

I came here because I was victim to a scumbag pre-order scammer. They go by the name "queenoftoys" on ebay. I didn't know how bogus ebay's rules were & waited too long before trying to do anything about it, costing me money. It's unreal that people are just allowed to steal & commit fraud & ebay doesn't even suspend their account.

Back