Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've massaged Dr. H's hairline a bit. I think it's better. Should I add more eyebrows...or would that look better painted in?
dsc04894a.jpg

dsc04899v.jpg
]

Looks MUCH better, Jess! As for the eyebrows, maybe try and see what they would look like. Dr. Honorius's eyes are especially bushy so sculpting them might give them better dimension rtather than flaty painting them on the existing brow.

Either way, like Eriks, I'm VERY interested in obtaining a copy of this sculpt.
A VERY promising start!! That beedy-eyed Dr. M... you can't trust that ape! Reminds me of my boss at work.

While you are on a orangutan streak, any thoughts to sculpting a Virgil?:pray::pray::pray:

If I can get a smooth cast accomplished I will make Dr. H available. Maybe I'll try that molding/casting in a few weeks. That reminds me..I have to finish Virdon and Dodge. I get so easily distracted!

PZ I did sculpt a Virgil, but looking at it now it kinda sucks! I'll have to see if I can manage to sculpt a better one.

I've massaged Dr. H's hairline a bit. I think it's better. Should I add more eyebrows...or would that look better painted in?
dsc04894a.jpg

dsc04899v.jpg

A special hello to the regulars here, (Shompdog, Jessica, Ironman, ProtoZaius, Stickman, Dr. Zaius, Hasslein, Jungle, Enaud and KFog.)

Jessica - Shomp told me to check out your recent sculpt and I am blown away with your Honorius! :love
I really hope you decide to make copies of your work and sell him. He's a real beauty. I can't stop looking at him! You've really grown! He is spectacular! Please count me in for one too (whatever your price) if you decide to make and sell him. :)

If I can get a smooth cast accomplished I will make Dr. H available. Maybe I'll try that molding/casting in a few weeks. That reminds me..I have to finish Virdon and Dodge. I get so easily distracted!

PZ I did sculpt a Virgil, but looking at it now it kinda sucks! I'll have to see if I can manage to sculpt a better one.

Wow! This guy has some serious potential as well! Looking forward to seeing your great hairstyles that you always seem to create on your sculpts.

Hello Angel!!!! I knew you would just love Jess's sculpt of Honorious.

Good to see you back. I, and I am sure, everyone here is glad you've re-joined the party.

Where have you been and what things have you been up to?

Hey, check out my "Abbott and Costello meet..." thread in the horror section. I have some pics of some projects I have been working on over there.

Great to hear from you and don't make yourself so scarce in the future.

OMG Angel, I've missed you so! Like you would not believe!! :1-1:

Here's Dr. Maximus, guys. What do you think? I kinda burned his face in the oven, but whatever. He's still a cutie. His beard looks a little flat and cartoony, so I'll tweak that a little.

dsc04906i.jpg
dsc04907.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing as I am on an orangutan roll, I have decided to redo my El Presidente. I took a huge steel mallet and whacked the Apoxie off of him. not all of it came off, so I had to shave it off with my handy dandy exacto knife. I think I will have all the apes I need now for my Christmas navity scene...I just have to sculpt a baby chimp for Zira. I'll set them up even if they are not painted, even if they're still wearing their Sideshow clothes.

dsc04908b.jpg

Incredible talented work on the Orangutan sculpts Jess! Put me down for one each! I love them!:hi5:

Hey! I just got him!! :lol

They both look great Jess. I sure hope casting becomes an option.

PZ, I said starting, they're still no match for the gorillas.:monkey3

Angel, good to see you. Thanks for coming back!

And on a more 1:1 note:
To all, if by chance anyone tries to contact me and gets no reply this week, please be patient. My sister passed away last night and the week is sure to be another living hell. Spent all day yesterday just watching her go. Not a top 10 thing to do but no one should ever die alone. I only hope that she has finally found the peace that has eluded her these past several years.

Last edited:
Hey! I just got him!! :lol

They both look great Jess. I sure hope casting becomes an option.

PZ, I said starting, they're still no match for the gorillas.:monkey3

Angel, good to see you. Thanks for coming back!

And on a more 1:1 note:
To all, if by chance anyone tries to contact me and gets no reply this week, please be patient. My sister passed away last night and the week is sure to be another living hell. Spent all day yesterday just watching her go. Not a top 10 thing to do but no one should ever die alone. I only hope that she has finally found the peace that has eluded her these past several years.

Brother my prayers go out to you and your family!

Wow that Caesar is a good deal. Wonder how much it will go up to?

My sister spilled the little bowl of alcohol (99% alcohol) that was near the computer and it got into my camera. I should be mad, but I am not. If the camera gets ruined I guess it's my chance to get an upgrade. I tried to take photos and the edges look blurry. It was a great camera while it lasted. Maybe tomorrow it will be fine, after the alcohol has dried out.

Here is a MIB Sideshow Planet of the Apes Caesar if any one needs one

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200522394443&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

That's is a good deal for someone, good luck with that auction. Hopefully you make really good money on that Dr. Zaius.

By chance, does anyone happen to have an extra set of meat cleavers that came with Sideshow Caesar that they might be willing to sell or trade? I accidently sold mine thinking I had another set. :gah: If so, please let me know.

Back