Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya Kfog! I got your PM. Thanks. Be patient with me. I get distracted a lot.

Angel, Julius still looks horribly disfigured. I really want to work on him but I have to organize/clean the house--we are having a b-day party tomorrow and my craft stuff is threatening to explode on the dining table. I've been busy putting away items/vacuuming. Yucky stuff.

I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve our apes, guys. What do you think of this idea for embossing leather? I think it looks promising for El Presidente's glyphs:

https://propsbyfev.blogspot.com/2010/05/lotr-boromirs-shield-straps.html

You would just need clay, liquid plastic, c-clamps and leather!

Last edited:
What have you been up to KFog?

Hi Angel! Mainly trying to straighten out my health issues with diabetes and high cholesterol. I think that I am finally getting a handle on it, but I can allways tell when my sugar levels are high because my feet hurt and my toes go tingly and numb. It is hard to sleep like that! I have gotten some good news as far as other issues and I am the proper weight at 172. Nothing that getting back to the gym can't take care of. How about you?:wave

Hey Angel! Guess who is just playing at cricket pavillion in Glendale Arizona tonight? Kiss is here and ready to rock! I wish that I was going. My nephew saw them in Cincinatti last month and dressed for the occasion. What a lucky hound dog. Hey, maybe they should make Kiss Emoticons? Later, Kent.:hi5:

If I were in Arizona, I know where I'd be and what I'd be doing! :rock2:rock2:rock2

Tonight KISS is having their entire concert streamed over the Internet over at Facebook. I believe it's the last night of their concert tour. I'll have to drag my big ol' comfortable lazy boy across the room, then prop myself upon it, right infront of the computer tonite! :woo

Last night, I picked up a 1/6 scale, Sunburst Les Paul for my chimp version of Ace Frehley. Now, all my Kiss Apes with will have guitars. :cool:

Last edited:
Hey buddy! What ever became of those bearded guys?

Angel, they are in my collection for sure. I'm still in CT and head back to Seattle on Oct. 3rd. I'll take an updated picture When I get back because I've add a lot more guys to my Armies and I really like the bearded guys you gave me. Here is a picture with two of them. They are to the right of frame. See them? :)

ConfederateArmy.jpg

I also found these old photos that show two more bearded headsculpts you gave me. Here is one of a Marine, 3rd one from the left in the rear.

IMG_6271.jpg

And here is CH. Not sure if he is still in this outfit.

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

Sticks: That's an awesome collection you've got! Thanks for sharing those pictures, I can't remember ever seeing all these guys. Has KFog seen these? I'm sure he'll appreciate them as well. :hi5:

Thank you Angel. I'm sure he has, these are old pictures. I'll have to show you some of my recent additions when I get back West.

Enjoy your concert tonight. Crank it!

Mind casting your Vote? You and Jom still need to vote. Hot Toys is listening. :)

Thank you Angel. I'm sure he has, these are old pictures. I'll have to show you some of my recent additions when I get back West.

Enjoy your concert tonight. Crank it!

Mind casting your Vote? You and Jom still need to vote. Hot Toys is listening. :)

I don't know that I'm really entitled to cast a vote for Hot Toys Sticks. I still have no desire to buy any of the Hot Toys gorillas that were released. I still don't like the gorilla sculpts or their hair. If I were to vote, I'd vote for Zaius with the hopes that he had a really nice outfit from Beneath. (Armagedden outfit.) Now that would be really neat!

I'm curious, how many people bought those custom glyphs from Matt Sostis? Let's see some pictures from Ironman, Jessica, Proto, and Kfog. Am I leaving anyone out?

Last edited:
Hey Sticks!

I really don't like the Hot Toys Gorillas and didn't even consider buying them.

So like Angel I don't think I will cast a vote.

If I could just overcome the damned bubbles in the mold, I think I am set. I have a plan though that I think will work. It's usually just luck that skates me by when I make molds/cast...I lack the skill. I have been thinking about it and I have a plan that may work. I will create a slush layer of mold material first instead of pouring the mold in a corner and let it wash over the face. That doesn't work with areas like the eyes/nose...where I can't have any effing bubbles. If I am able to sell these heads, then I can afford to get more mold making stuff and keep pumping up Ape City with more ape sculpts.

I have taken the steps to prep up my Burke guys. As soon as he's ready, he's going bye bye, hopefully to a good home where he will be loved.

Sticks, very very impressive collection you got there!!

Last edited:
I hope enough people show an interest in your recent sculpts. We haven't really seen your new improved Julius and I know he'll be spectacular! If the good folks here commit, you can get all the supplies you require. C’mon guys show her some support. Who’s interested in what, and how many?

Thank you Jessica. There are probably at least 20 ACW figures that are not in the pictures. I have bought at least 8 more since being in CT that are waiting for me when I get back to Seattle.
I'm hoping to make some dioramas or some film shorts about the Civil War. I'm still putting my pictures together from my recent tour of battlefields.
If and when you are planning on selling your casts, for how much would they be going for?

Kfog, are you still doing anything history related? I plan to get an order in with Auggie at Battlegear next week. It'll be my birthday present. :)

Back