Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
need some small help about Sideshows Dr Zaius.
Anybody know if head sculpts are the same or different from the regular and exclusive version?
I can't seem to find any good pics to compare them both, sometimes they look the same others the head sculpts look a bit different.

need some small help about Sideshows Dr Zaius.
Anybody know if head sculpts are the same or different from the regular and exclusive version?
I can't seem to find any good pics to compare them both, sometimes they look the same others the head sculpts look a bit different.

The head sculpts are the same for both the regular and exclusive 12" Dr. Zaius. It is in the clothes that they differ. The regular has his signature robes, ape shoes with toe and hairy hands. The exclusive has his Forbidden Zone or riding gear on with long boots and gloved hands.

Hope this helps. :)

The head sculpts are the same for both the regular and exclusive 12" Dr. Zaius. It is in the clothes that they differ. The regular has his signature robes, ape shoes with toe and hairy hands. The exclusive has his Forbidden Zone or riding gear on with long boots and gloved hands.

Hope this helps. :)

cool, I just care about the head sculpt but I do love the exclusives boots and gloves. thanks for the help

Hey Kfog! I have never seen that before. But you know...I'm not a collector, so what would I know?

Hi Jess! I have never seen this before either. I wonder what scale of a mold it is? I really like your head sculpt that you did of Burke. I wonder why it says Virdon, when the picture is Burke right?:dunno:panic::huh

Remember this guy? Someone asked to purchase this sculpt, but I wasn't satisfied with him. He looked really ugly to me, especially the muzzle.
Honorious002.jpg
dec2008077.jpg

Anyway, I clipped off his muzzle with garden shears and I resculpted it without any real photo references. I think it's a major improvement...but I still want to resculpt him from scratch with good photo stills.
dsc04839k.jpg
dsc04838y.jpg

dsc04837f.jpg

Urko lives! Behold!!

dsc04860m.jpg
dsc04859b.jpg

dsc04861i.jpg

He took four hours to bake, and probably another hour trying to pry the molds apart. I have read that you should pry the molds apart while it is still overly warm to the touch...but today's schedule was just impossible. I thought I would be able to do it, but I've been running around like a mad banshee shuttling back and forth between school, the store, and piano lessons for the boys...although cooking stopped at 1:30 PM, I was not able to try to pry the molds apart until midnight.

Am bored, and tried to sculpt from scratch but it wasn't working, so instead I grabbed this ugly guy and am in the midst of turning him into Dr. Honorious. Trying out Sculpey Firm...like it because I can see every single dent (unlike Super Sculpey)...but I prefer the softness of the Super Sculpey.

dsc04862.jpg

Had to cut off his schnoz because it was too big.
dsc04863t.jpg

dsc04864n.jpg

Still a lot of work to do, but this is relaxing.
dsc04865zg.jpg

No problem, Proto!

Jess... That Dr. Honorious is looking just perfect so far. Getting the hair right will be a chore.

Wow, Jess, Just... wow.

That Dr. Honorius just doesn't the kind of love he deserves from us ape fans. I love the silver streak in his hair. Also some pictures of him are sometimes errorously attributed to Dr. Zaius.

Just to mix things up, I use a pic of the doc for my Facebook page... not that I visit it much.

Hey Sticks...

My son has gotten his animated short in two film festivals next weekend. The first on Friday is the Metrocaf Film Festival at the Fashion Institute and the one on Friday is The Coney Island Film Festival.

I will be his guest at the Cony Island Film Fest on Saturday.

Here is a link to his short on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIj0l3UhaPc

guys what do you think of this hair? Does he still have that Dr. Zaius vibe going? I really want him to look spectacular. I guess I should stop working on him and see him with fresh eyes tomorrow. I'm just really obsessed about getting these apes sculpted and trying to get better.

dsc04870u.jpg

You did that all in one day? :thud::thud::thud:

Again... wow. He looks fantastic, Jess! I really like what you have done so far on it. And no I don't see too much Zaius in there.

If I could add any suggestions it would be to perhaps thin out his bangs a little. I think they protrude out from his forehead a bit too much.

But other than that ... me likey. :)

The world could always use another orangutan sculpt. :exactly:

Are you going to be casting this monkey? :pray::pray::pray:

Hey Sticks...

My son has gotten his animated short in two film festivals next weekend. The first on Friday is the Metrocaf Film Festival at the Fashion Institute and the one on Friday is The Coney Island Film Festival.

I will be his guest at the Cony Island Film Fest on Saturday.

Here is a link to his short on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIj0l3UhaPc

That's just plain weird... I had to work on my downstairs toilet today due to some flushing problems. BIZARRE!!!!

Fun short... thanks for providing the link, JJ!

Back