Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking back at Geeb-O-Rama's haired up General Ursus...that's the kind of hair I want for my Ursus. I think this fake fur is just not good enough for Ursus or the Gorilla Captain. I'll have to think about it...

PZ, I received the pkg. today.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
I thought it felt a little heavier and thicker than it should and WOW! :horror
What a most pleasant surprise that extra was!!

How did that get in there.... :rolleyes:

You are very welcome, Ironman. :D

No neat toys for me, but my sister gave me four boxes of Super Sculpey and another set of sculpting tools! Whoot! That's way better than a new toy because I can make TONS of new toys!! Whoot!!

Until I sculpt one from scratch, this guy will have to do for MacDonald from Conquest. I was afraid his head was too big, but actually I looked at the size of the eyes and it's comparable to my Robert Patrick...so I went ahead and sculpted on his hair. I added the hair texture with a crinkled ball of aluminum foil. What a clever ape I am!!

dsc01872t.jpg

dsc01871t.jpg

dsc01869f.jpg

If you remember, this was how he started:

MacDonald003-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice texture, Jess. I've found that you can get pretty interesting results with unusual tools.In fact, most of my tools are either self made or found items. An old toothbrush is a great texturing tool, especially through a piece of Saran wrap...PS

Nice texture, Jess. I've found that you can get pretty interesting results with unusual tools.In fact, most of my tools are either self made or found items. An old toothbrush is a great texturing tool, especially through a piece of Saran wrap...PS
Wax murderer/ Jessica - It's funny how we all thought the same regarding homemade tools. I tried using the aluminum foil and didn't like the way it came out, so I tried an old toothbrush. Again, I didn't care for that effect either. They we both good but I was hoping for something even better for the hair of Dodge. I ended up using a cheap white washcloth that has all those little tiny threads over 100% of its surface. To me, that really worked the best... and easiest. Try that sometime. :)

I went off on a tangent last night. After applying apoxie onto PZ’s new statue, I put some apoxie onto these 2 apes heads and created another poster to sell. If anyone is interested in this New York Summer Festival Poster, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Last edited:
WM--have to try that old toothbrush and plastic wrap trick!! And Angel--have to try that cheap washcloth trick, too!! Probably way faster than a ball of aluminum foil.

kfog41 said:
Hi Angel! How much for the New York Summer Festival Poster? That looks great! I am not so sure about the Conquest Apes armbands I received from you! When I compare them to the correct symbol/letters on the movie, they do not look anything like them. I think that for $4.00 for each one that you would have gotten the correct symbol. I always thought of you as having a keen eye. I just can't be happy with something that was not done correctly. I would like to return them to you! I am sure that you understand and do not intend to offend you in any way, since you were not happy with Stevo toys when He made an incorrect Gorilla horn. Later, Kent.

Why is doing customs projects for others such a hassle? (Please read the above statement) People are just never happy. Here is but another example of why I shouldn’t help others with their custom projects.

Kfog - You can return them, but I am not going to refund your money for these, nor send anything else that is customized for you ever again. I know you will understand this. The reason for this is two fold: These armbands are absolutely no different from the other armbands I sent you in the past and you bragged on several occasions to everyone here about them. They are exactly the same as the ones I currently have on my figures. They are exactly the same as the ones I sent out to many other people here over the last year or two.

In this case, I have no intention of returning any of your money, nor will I be selling anything else to you that is customized. You are to just hard to please... you like it one minute and then dislike it the next. These armbands are exactly the same.

You also requested more of the same armbands from me recenlty because you liked them so much. If you can make them better I encourage you to do it. However, I'm sorry, no refund in this case.

Later, Mark

Last edited:
Right guys just laid my last peice of leather to my Ursus Helmet.
Hopefully gonna finnish it off tomorrow with pics some time in the week. Watch this space. Cheers.

Kfog, I highly suggest that you start crafting your stuff on your own. It's actually very relaxing. I have seen your work before with your Civil War guys. If there is something you don't like, then I know you could make it better. You will see when you take an art class that there will always be someone better, and no matter how fun it could be, there's always someone eager to lay the first crap on your hard work.

Make the arm bands yourself...prove that you can make it better...If you CAN make them better, then great--you made it with your own sweat equity and you are happy with it and you can sell what you are not happy with. If you can't make them any better, at least then you will know how much time and effort went into them, and then you will appreciate what you got from Angel.

Last edited:
Back