Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WM--I would love to see what your wife does to the hair!! Please show us before and after pics--I am going to cut my gorilla's hair down as soon as I gather enough nerves.

I'm impressed on how well the hasbro head(pic #2)looks with the hot toys body.

I was totally surprised how well the hasbro sculpt fit in with the HTs. I would still like to see about finding a decent, inexpensive way to reroot them, but its nice to know the potential is there.

I just received some legit good news.... The HT POTA line is definitely not dead, BUT, and it's a big but, they are so busy fulfilling the needs of their other licences that it won't be in the immediate future, so I’d guess it'll be at least 6 months, maybe a year until we even see any new proto's.... but they will come eventually.

And before anyone asks, no I don't know who is next on the HT list of worthiness... please let it be the chimps... please let it be the chimps... please let it be the chimps... please let it be the chimps...!

I guess patience will be the order of the day, and as the movie is over 40 years old, I guess it’ll be worth the wait!

Wookster, your news just warms my heart!!!! Wow.
The ape line lives!!!!
:maul:maul:maul:maul:maul:maul​

Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps! Let them be chimps!

It is indeed a great bit of news. I would be happier, however, to see an official notice, ad or even just a small blurb that something is forthcoming. I really would have thought that after acquiring the license, and going thru the hair research and process that they would have had something in store for a second wave. Even if only in its extremely early stages. But, this is better than the news we had last heard.
So, until we can get better POTA smileys:
:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Until the official notice, the apes for my Ape City will still be made. I was saving up the short squatty body for Lucius, but after seeing Link's body I have reconsidered and will use that instead for Lucius. The short squat body I will use for Virgil.

I'm going to resculpt Virgil from scratch. I don't think my Virgil looks like the photo references anymore. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

So, I come home today and I hear noise upstairs. I know no one else is home so I'm thinking WTH? I grab a bat from the foyer closet and quietly make my way upstairs. Halfway up what do I find?

MyCustom-POTA10.jpg

About hasbro apes, I always thought they be can be very good. I already shaved the one I have. Do you know how to rehair him like hot toys ? I don't know what hot toys use and how. For Habro, they did lot of holes on the head for the hair. The result isn't very good but the hair they use aren't quality hair so I don't know what to think about it.

Well, the monkey boys arrived today(exactly 3 weeks late,as predicted)and I can only think of one word to adequately describe them...OUTSTANDING!!! As good as the pix are, the actual figures are SO much better.An order of magnitude(or 2) above the SST's. The colors and details are exact(costume standard here, gang) and the sculpts are precise and sharp.Yes, the fur is a little poofy, but not nearly as bad as I feared, and my wife(a prodigiously talented customizer) informs me that this is fixable if I wish. To those who have suggested swapping HT uniforms onto SST figures, I have only one observation..you are out of your flippin' minds.Pix soon...PS

If you wife want to share his solution for the hair, I'd be happy to read it.:banana

wookster : thanks for the news !

Iron : The photo is a little dark but cool !

About hasbro apes, I always thought they be can be very good. I already shaved the one I have. Do you know how to rehair him like hot toys ? I don't know what hot toys use and how. For Habro, they did lot of holes on the head for the hair. The result isn't very good but the hair they use aren't quality hair so I don't know what to think about it.

If you wife want to share his solution for the hair, I'd be happy to read it.:banana

wookster : thanks for the news !

Iron : The photo is a little dark but cool !

Yeah, i don't know what's up with the camera! That was at the top of my staircase in the brightest spot in the house at that time.
I'd love to rehair a hasbro in HT style. They do it totaly differnt though. The HT faces "pop" off and the hair goes behind, then the face is glued back on and it looks seamless. I don't know if a hasbro can do it that way?
What type of hair is it that HT is using? Does it come in orangutan colors? I think I can sacrifice a spare orangutan (sorry, Proto & DZ) before another gorilla.

I have a Hasbro gorilla. The hair they used is pretty bad. I don't know if re-hairing them would help...I'd have to see how the hair plugs have been punched in the vinyl.

Hot toys uses fake fur--they did not use hairplugs as I had first feared.

I have not encountered this fake fur yet...but then again, I was not on the lookout for it. Seeing it in hand I will keep an eye out for it. Come to think of it, I have not encountered that type of hair if I recall correctly. It's a very fine fake fur. I'll have to try to remember to look through stuffed animals to see if any of them are worth skinning the next time I am at a toystore.

I just received some legit good news.... The HT POTA line is definitely not dead, BUT, and it's a big but, they are so busy fulfilling the needs of their other licences that it won't be in the immediate future, so I’d guess it'll be at least 6 months, maybe a year until we even see any new proto's.... but they will come eventually.

And before anyone asks, no I don't know who is next on the HT list of worthiness... please let it be the chimps... please let it be the chimps... please let it be the chimps... please let it be the chimps...!

I guess patience will be the order of the day, and as the movie is over 40 years old, I guess it’ll be worth the wait!

Thanks Wookster... you made my day. If Sideshow was taught my anything, it's patience. Perhaps they might have something on display next Comic Con. :D

Now if ony MY gorillas would get here!!! Tomorrow can't come too soon! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Rehairing couldn't hurt! LOL.
I cut the face off one of my gorillas to see if it might fit onto a HT. The hasbro hair is punched thru and secured by a large glob of glue inside the head.

Back