Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one would totally love it if they make Zira and Cornelius. I am hoping they do...and I particularly want to see them make the outfits. Wouldn't it be cool if they did a Dr. Zaius with the Armageddon outfit? Just so I can see them both ride off to the Forbidden Zone?

Not sure if gel would work on that fake fur, Wook...I think just a comb-through with a small brush should do the trick. I am also thinking that the gorillas need some trimming on their hair. Kinda too long for me.

Wook, is there a place where you did a write-up on your Hot Toys apes?

The review has just been sent in, so it might not be up for a while, but it'll be on Mike Crawford's site as a guest review when it does.

I'll post a link up when it goes live. You'll pleased to know you get a mention Jess, well more of a thank you anyway, as I linked to some pics you posted in this thread.

Hey wookster, do YOU have any insight into whether HT is continuing the line? Maybe from your photographer friend? :monkey3

I have asked a few times, and I continue to ask but so far no solid news... but who do you refer to as my 'photographer friend'?

Sorry, Wookster, I thought your friend took the pix for HT that you post. Do YOU take those beauties? Great gig!!

God I wish... but have you seen my photography, I work with what i've got... which is a Fuji happy snappy camera!

No my info comes from 'Gospel' my HT mole, but I'm working on connections with a couple of other manufacturers as well.

God I wish... but have you seen my photography, I work with what i've got... which is a Fuji happy snappy camera!

No my info comes from 'Gospel' my HT mole, but I'm working on connections with a couple of other manufacturers as well.

Hope that works out!! Your HiRes pix have been enormously helpful in assembling many a figure!!

Wook I'm so excited to see what photos you deemed worthy, after looking at the photos you posted.

I combed out General Ursus last night with a stiff brush. His hair is nice and smooth--but I forgot to take a before photo...

I'll try to photograph the Captain tonight with a before and after. I still think that a slight haircut would do wonders...but haven't gotten enough nerve to do this because I don't have extra fur fabric that I could replace if I mess up the haircut.

You know, no offense to anyone, but the more I think of it Zira was quite the little whore. We have photos in this very thread of her kissing two different Cornelius', Milo, an unnamed gorilla and we all know she swapped spit with Taylor. She was in more action on the Planet of the Apes than the gorilla army!! :lol

Wook I'm so excited to see what photos you deemed worthy, after looking at the photos you posted.

I combed out General Ursus last night with a stiff brush. His hair is nice and smooth--but I forgot to take a before photo...

I'll try to photograph the Captain tonight with a before and after. I still think that a slight haircut would do wonders...but haven't gotten enough nerve to do this because I don't have extra fur fabric that I could replace if I mess up the haircut.
Well it's no big secret, and the line goes thus-

You can see some good comp shots (thanks Jessica) at the bottom of this link over on SSF.

You know, no offense to anyone, but the more I think of it Zira was quite the little whore. We have photos in this very thread of her kissing two different Cornelius', Milo, an unnamed gorilla and we all know she swapped spit with Taylor. She was in more action on the Planet of the Apes than the gorilla army!! :lol

And Zira is pretty hot, I cant help thinking of that great Coop, Giclee print everytime I see her!

Sexybeast_215.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to Dr. Zaius and KFog for the items purchased. They're off in the mail for each of you.

I turned that longhaired Cornelius of mine into a new gorilla and I’m really glad I did. He’ll make a good background gorilla now.

After almost 2 years, I've finally begun working on Lady Liberty. I'm looking forward to getting this very large piece amongst the Sideshow apes!

Last edited:
Angel, he looks great! I can't wait to see what you will do with Lady Liberty. Keep us posted--the excitement builds!!! This project has been on your list for a very long time.

Ironman--I am so freaking excited. I just received that body for my custom Link, and it is PERFECT for my needs. Thanks for letting me know which one to get. I know it's a non-ape custom but it's great to take a break once in awhile.

Look how freaking gorgeous it is in action:
dsc01646o.jpg

Sorry, Kfog--I got caught up in sculpting Cornelius and trying to massage him, so I couldn't get to your blanket.

Also--I couldn't find the gorilla face I popped off the Hot Toys until way after there was no good light to photograph with. I'll try styling his hair tomorrow. I think I am going to cut it. It's really bugging me how it's too long.

Last edited:
Back