Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the other day... Rise of the Planet of the Apes will be coming close to $160 million after the end of the Labor Day weekend. That's only $10 million less than Captain America and $20 less than Thor. However BOTH those films had boosts in sales due to inflated 3D ticket prices, when Rise had no such buffer. So it can be estimated that MORE people have seen Rise in the theaters than either of the big Marvel summer releases.

WOW. Who would have thought!

PLUS, the budget of RIise is a fraction of what both Marvel releases cost in both budget and marketing costs.

Perhaps I should post these numbers in the Marvel forum.... :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

Jom, those photos make me wanna jump on a plain and come over there. Also does anyone know the connection Planet of the Apes has with Tenerife ?

Last edited:
So yesterday was an awful day. I got into a big squabble with my 12 year old about his piano lessons and why he has two choices: 1. Play the piano; 2. Play the piano. He was really upset. He even screamed, "You don't know who I am!" I yelled back,

I DO know who you are. (And I was really tempted to add this but I didn't...) I will give you just six hours to make a full confession. After that I will use surgery to obtain one. Har har...

such was my day yesterday. Seeing those precious figures on that rock with the beautiful background...well for a brief moment in time I could forget my troubles and just enjoy the moment.

Tom, those photos make me wanna jump on a plain and come over there. Also does anyone know the connection Planet of the Apes has with Tenerife ?

As far as I can tell "Planet of the Apes" was filmed entirely in the United States. Utah, Arizona and California were the states that were used as locations. Lake Powell is located on the border of Utah and Arizona. The entire opening of the film is shot at the Glenn Canyon National Recreational area located just outside of Page Az.

People mistakenly think that Teneride was one of the locations because of some of its Lunar like landscapes.

Last edited:
Yes its allways mentioned on tour guides of the Tenerife Volcano but at the back of my mind I knew no credit was given to this place in the ending credits. Cheers, Jom again I love those photos. Glad I have all my SShow apes.

So... Here are some shots of SS Taylor in Sedona Az.

I tried to find a place that looked similar to the Fox Ranch which is now Malibu State Park. I think this location is a pretty good match.

There was one casualty on this shoot though, I lost Taylor's cigar and the hammer that came in the backpack. I was able to recover the hammer after some searching in the dry dead grass and weeds but the cigar is forever lost in the back country of Sedona. The photos are well worth the loss to me.

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

Thanks Predator...

I'm so glad I'm able to share these photos with my Ape brethren. I'm afraid nobody else would understand.

I have a few more of my medicom apes in this Sedona setting.

I will be sure to post them tomorrow.

Jungle I am really enjoying these photographs! You really have done well in locating scenery that is reminiscent of the Fox Ranch. Absolutely incredible! What a great vacation it must have been. When we were in Hawaii a few weeks ago I wished that I had Zira and Cornelius with me at the beach, but nobody would understand...

The loss of that one cigar is a small price to pay. The photos are totally worth it. Glad you found the hammer.

What inspirational pictures from Jungle! I am so lucky to live only 100 miles from sedona and less that 200 from page! Well, road trip is in store. I will look for your cigar for you jungle when I get there in a couple months! :lecture

K-fog....

I'm glad I inspired you to take a trip north to Sedona and Page. The area is just beautiful and so evocative of the Ape films.

Have a great time!

Here are the shots of my medicom apes in Sedona. These pictures really remind me of the site where they erected the outdoor cage in the film.

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

Jungle I'm going to look around in my area and see if I can spot anything remotely like the background of your photos...I'm going to be taking my Sideshow apes and making on location shots. I'm so excited! But first I have to finish my gorilla mask, and then have enough money to buy a camera to replace the one I busted somehow.

K-fog....

I'm glad I inspired you to take a trip north to Sedona and Page. The area is just beautiful and so evocative of the Ape films.

Have a great time!

Yea, over 32 years in the Phoenix valley and I have never been to the grand canyon or sedona! All of my family members have been to both! I have been about every where else in the state, even near and around sadona, but not in sedona! I am lucky to be just 6 hours drive from San diego, LA, and Las Vegas!:wave

I think Heston was just really tall compared to the apes...but I have heard that said before...that the Medicom Taylor is too tall comparatively.

B7bk2QWkKGrHqNhUEyrvBoq1LBM0HbMTW0g_12.jpg

Back