Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to have been away from Central City... but I've been spending some time with my other favorte orangutan...

KING LOUIE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! My wife and I surprised our kids with a trip to WDW for Christmas. We were there for over 12 days with a side trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter park at Universal Studios Florida.

At the Animal Kingdom Park at WDW, they have this AMAZING Tree of Life sculpture at the center of the park with over 325 animal carved around it. The closer you get, the more animals you can carved into it.
img9205l.jpg
img9204s.jpg

Of course, I found the orangutan.

img9225c.jpg

Sixx--anything Star Wars?

Re: Conspiracy--Did Drew get back to you yet, IM? The book is not out yet. It was supposed to be published by Oct. 2010, but that didn't happen, so I am still waiting for this graphic novel to be published.

PZ--AWESOME family trip!!! Neat-o orangutan photo!!!

Hey!!
Anyone ever happen to pick up the 12" Daena from the Burton film and find that they don't need/want her?

I saw this on Feebay. This wouldn't be a 12" would it? It doesn't look like it's got any articulation.

b8f4hegkkgrhqficeznyfok.jpg

Zoiks! Seeing this makes me hate the movie even more.

:mwaha Great eye candy but zero acting abilities, like Denise Richards in Starship Troopers. No Jessica, that figure is the small figure, not 1:6 scale.

Welcome Back PZ! :welcome We missed you at past few city council meetings. I'm glad you were able to escape from the city for a while and enjoy some time amongst the humans. Happy New Year!

I realized just recently that I don't have the 2001 Planet of the Apes remake on DVD. I guess I never bought it. I meant to... I thought I did. Too weird. :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Just having Charlton Heston in ape makeup is reason enough to get it. I guess I can get it pretty cheaply now on DVD or on Blu-Ray for that matter.

I can't help but think that "Rise of the Apes" will be better. But without any cool makeup effects, I probably won't end up owning that one on DVD either.

I wonder if Hot Toys will make a figure of the new Caesar? Talk about a perfect franchise for their one-off figure licensing model.

Speaking of my son, he is expecting his Hot Toys Gorilla Soldier in the mail tomorrow... the one that will go with his Hot Toys Ursus. He took all of his Christmas money and bought him.

Yeah, a clone indeed. :wink1:

"the 2001 Planet of the Apes remake… I guess I can get it pretty cheaply now on DVD or on Blu-Ray for that matter."

yes, i have heard that retailers started paying the customers to take it.

"the 2001 Planet of the Apes remake… I guess I can get it pretty cheaply now on DVD or on Blu-Ray for that matter."

:lol

I didnt find the movie to be too bad so i'll take a million copies.

Jess, Yes he finally got back to me and I finally got the items. The ones sent the 31st. None of the other items he claimed he sent ever showed.

Sixx, Conspiracy was delayed yet again, but, if BLAM! is to be believed, I was just told that they plan to now release it in conjunction with the release of the new film.
On a similar note that 2nd series of cards has also been pushed back. This time to SDCC 2011.

That Daena is 4-5 inches. Hasbro did make a 12" version, and while definitely not the best likeness, I'm wondering what a repaint would do. And I wanted both females in my cages.

Or packaging it with the original Planet of the Apes film. I think Target did that once. I can't really remember...my eyes just glaze over when I see images of that stupid film. :monkey4

Makes sense for BLAM to hold off on the release!

I wonder if Hot Toys will make a figure of the new Caesar? Talk about a perfect franchise for their one-off figure licensing model.

The fans want talking apes from the originals. Even if they make a Caesar it would be wasted talent cause nobody would buy it. They should just concentrate on making more chimps or orangutans at this point.

IM--I believe that snickertown has casts of the ape-o-nauts. The Zira ape-o-naut doesn't really look like Zira, more like Galen's mom to me.

Last edited:
I'm going to hold off totatlly trashing the new film [the trashing I've given so far will suffice for now] until I get a glimpse at what the apes will actually look like. If it gets a 1:6 simian sculpt in my hand that isn't junk, it may have been worth it.
Jess, I'll have to try and get a hold and see if he still has them. Do you know how good/bad the Milo is?

If I remember correctly the Milo did not wow me. He looked more like a background chimp. I prefer my own Milo.

I think one of you guys might be a KISS fan..

This mask was never worn, and was used as a demo to showcase product for the annual Conventions. Being that it was a demo, more detail went into this mask then the final product at the store.

The store bought version can be had for around $50-$75.00.

Looking for any extras,soilders, ape head sculpts, etc..

Make me an offer, and its yours..

I'll post other stuff later on during the week...

Yo Sixxxxxxx!!! I found someone interested in your masks. Please look out for him on your e-mails. He is, funny enough, in your neck of the woods!

Back