Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks! Good to hear from you. :banana

JJ - Thanks for your last comment! :)

Hasselin - Enjoy the show! I'll be watching the KISS concert in LA (and their interviews) as it streams on Facebook tonite! I'll be seeing Gene, Paul, Tommy and Eric in 18 more days! :rock:rock:rock

Great to have you back, Angel. You've been gone for far too long...

Happy Thanksgiving! old friend!

Hey guys, just getting ready for the big day tomorrow. I'll be accompanying my parents and going to my sister's house in Yorktown Heights, NY.

I guess it's been so long since I ate real meat that the Tofurkey really hits the spot. I love the stuff, :) That and the giblet gravy, lol

I saw a cool looking stockade over at R&R Customs that I thought I'd give it a whirl. It looks easy enough, so says my father. I think it will go well with my American Civil War collection.

Happy Turkey Day guys!!

I've been working on this guy and I am determined to make him work. He still needs a lot of massaging, like his eyes need to be leveled.

Tadah!!!

Not bad but....

dsc02217p.jpg

dsc02216.jpg

fantastic sculpt Jessica, really impressed!!!!!:google

Happy thanksgiving and turkey day to all the people:D

Thank you. Thanks also, Sticks. I worked on him some more. I really want him to look like Burke. That schnoz is really damned hard to capture. I'm going to leave him alone for a couple of days so that when I look at him again, I will do so with fresh eyes. At least his eyes are more level now.
peteurkobw.jpg

dsc02219f.jpg

dsc02218ya.jpg

I'd say you're well in the ballpark; heck, I've seen production pieces that were less accurate(I've also had to fix pieces that were less accurate, but that's another story). You have a definite talent for the work, and are in the envyable position of doing it on your own time. This is not to say that it's less fun when you're getting paid for it; you just don't always get to choose your subjects...PS

That's really some nice work there Jessica.

By the way, Alter Ego has a coupon for $25 off for Hot Toys Gorilla Soldier or Gorilla Captain. Just use the code soldier or captain. This deal is through Monday.

Happy Turkey Day guys!!

I've been working on this guy and I am determined to make him work. He still needs a lot of massaging, like his eyes need to be leveled.

Tadah!!!

Not bad but....

dsc02217p.jpg

dsc02216.jpg

If you are taking orders Jess, put me down for a few? Are you going to do Alan also?

Definitely. We need Alan and Galen. I'm going to start my Galen all over and try him from scratch. Maybe he'll look better this time. And I also want to re-do my Prefect. I think I can do a better job this time around. Gotta keep trying.

Definitely. We need Alan and Galen. I'm going to start my Galen all over and try him from scratch. Maybe he'll look better this time. And I also want to re-do my Prefect. I think I can do a better job this time around. Gotta keep trying.

Your Burke is dead on! Of course I will have to comission you to make a set of clothes for a Burke and Virdon. Will your head fit a Sideshow body? I have not switched any heads as of yet although I do have the Urko head IM had made some time ago.

I'm going to PM you a customization question Jessica. I remember seeing something you did some months back and wanted to ask you a question as it pertains to something I'm working on.

Guys he's getting closer...with each little tweak...This is the additional musculature I have added to his face which I will need to smooth down with my fingertips.

dsc00302u.jpg

Guys he's getting closer...with each little tweak...This is the additional musculature I have added to his face which I will need to smooth down with my fingertips.

dsc00302u.jpg

Can't wait to see the finished project. That guy always seemed to have strong features.

It's the angle and the lighting. And Burke's nose has a weird fat tip on the end and he's got mongo nostrils!!

rhphotobw.jpg

ts142496x372.jpg

I thought the bridge of the nose was too short and it needed to be extended but it was the angle of the photo.

Last edited:
Back