Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops! I didn't realize the Captain has the backpack. That's what I really wanted. I guess I didn't look inside what came with him! Shame on me. I was just interested in taking him apart to see how he was made... :)

Jess, you remind me a little of my sister...absolutely no patience when opening packages. I couldn't tell you how many times she threw away important parts in her haste to open new toys. Eventually we learned to supervise her so that things didn't get lost...PS

At least I still have the package---and all the extra hands and guns and whatever came with the Captain, is still in the box. :) Whew!! All this time I kept lamenting how dumb of me it was to have purchased the Captain.

Also WM---I don't have that luxury of someone supervising!! Most of my ape purchases I have to sneak in the house and open when nobody's looking. ;)

Hi folks, I'm new to this thread and new to the board. I'm hoping I could get some advice from the experts here.

I bought the Hot Toys General Ursus and love it! But I can afford only one of these two: Gorilla Captain or Gorilla Soldier. If you could only choose one, which would it be and possibly why?

Any help from Jessica, Ironman1188 or anyone else would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys/gals:D

While, as stated, both are win/win, the soldier would fit in more with Ursus than the Captain. Unlike others, I liked the silver rankings of the TV series. And, unless they are going to make more TV offerings, if you can only get one, then the soldier is the logical choice.

While, as stated, both are win/win, the soldier would fit in more with Ursus than the Captain. Unlike others, I liked the silver rankings of the TV series. And, unless they are going to make more TV offerings, if you can only get one, then the soldier is the logical choice.

Thank you me boy!:D

I compared the two:

The Gorilla Captain 12 inch Figure features:

• Realistic ape hair
• Rifle with removable magazine
Pistol with holster
• Bandolier with ammo pouches
• Backpack
• Man Catcher
Flag
• Interchangeable hands
• 12-inch figure stand with 'Planet of the Apes' logo

The Gorilla Soldier 12 inch Figure features:

• Realistic ape hair
• Bandolier with ammo pouches
• Rifle with strap and removable magazine
• Backpack
Club
Key
• Man catcher
• Interchangeable hands
• 12-inch figure stand with 'Planet of the Apes' logo

Don't really like the Flag but I do like the pistol (Captain)
Don't need the key but I love the club (Soldier)

I want the Bad Ass Club to beat down humans with!:lol

I ordered the Soldier!:rock

Thanks for all your help folks!:D

Does anybody have a clear picture of one of the flags from Battle? Hoping I can get an image tonight so that I can prep my hot fuscia umbrella in preparation for tomorrow's possible rain!! It rarely rains over here....so I am just so stoked. I never bring an umbrella because it's just another nuisance...but I will proudly carry a hot fuscia umbrella with the apes flag hieroglyphs painted on it!!!

I ordered the Soldier!:rock

Excellent choice... although as every one stated it's a win-win situation. Perhaps you can swing the Captain at another time.

In fact, some people on this board have weighed in that the Gorilla soldier is their favorite of Hot Toys first three offerings. Personally, I'd rather see the bandolier strung from shoulder to waist in classic film style than just around the waist like the Captain. Anyway, let us know what you think about him when you finally get him in your hands.

I hope we hear soon about their plans on any addtions to their line. Although... my wallet is enjoying the down time. :D

Last edited:
I can recreate her in 1:6 scale--I just have to re-sculpt her, which means just more practice for me. You want a copy in 1:6 scale?

Did I show you how she looks lately? I'm still waiting for this guy to send me drawings of the back of her hair so I can finish her. She's so cute!
dsc02150l.jpg

Gawd...I hope I can buy the soldier soon. I'll see in a few months.

Last edited:
If you were an 8 yr. old kid in the mid 70s, only the following mattered:

1. Six Million Dollar Man TV show and toys.
2. Evel Knievel toys and his bad ass pimp cane.
3. Classic Star Trek animated series.
4. Planet of the Apes TV show.
5. Space 1999 TV show.
6. Marvel Comic Books (cost a $.25 back then)
7. Wonder Woman TV show starring Lynda Carter.:naughty
8. Dr. Who TV show starring Tom Baker.
9. Electric Company with Spider-Man cartoon.
10. Mr. Snuffleuppagus:D
11. Saturday Morning Cartoons with Herculoids, Speed Buggy, Grape Ape, Land of the Lost, Far Out Space Nuts with Honk, Dr. Shrinker and Electra Woman and Dyna-Girl!

Good times my friends, good times indeed!!!:rock

Boy... Lynda Carter... she did more to usher in my puberty years than any hair tossing that Farrah ever did. :naughty

Snuffleuppagus... yeah I remember when Big Bird was the only one who saw ole Snuffy. That big guy always found a way to be COMPLETELY out of sight at the drop of a hat. I read just recently in the book "Seasame Street Unpaved" that there is a reason why Snuffy was finally "outed". The writers began to feel that everyone on Seasame Street not believing the benevelant and child-like Big Bird about Snuffy (although a cute idea) was sending the wrong message. Parents not believing in their children about strangers that they might come into contact was not an idea that the writers wanted to foster in the new era of "stranger danger".

As for the list, I would add only one thing to it...for me anyways. I was a HUGE Partridge Family fan. Sadly enough, I now own ALL of their albums on CD and they are currently ALL on my iPod. I hitched a ride on the family bus and never let go. :horror:horror:horror

So... in a thread were the love of all things KISS are discussed, I bear myself to be a "Partridge". Let the public stoning begin. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Boy... Lynda Carter... she did more to usher in my puberty years than any hair tossing that Farrah ever did. :naughty

Snuffleuppagus... yeah I remember when Big Bird was the only one who saw ole Snuffy. That big guy always found a way to be COMPLETELY out of sight at the drop of a hat. I read just recently in the book "Seasame Street Unpaved" that there is a reason why Snuffy was finally "outed". The writers began to feel that everyone on Seasame Street not believing the benevelant and child-like Big Bird about Snuffy (although a cute idea) was sending the wrong message. Parents not believing in their children about strangers that they might come into contact was not an idea that the writers wanted to foster in the new era of "stranger danger".

As for the list, I would add only one thing to it...for me anyways. I was a HUGE Partridge Family fan. Sadly enough, I now own ALL of their albums on CD and they are currently ALL on my iPod. I hitched a ride on the family bus and never let go. :horror:horror:horror

So... in a thread were the love of all things KISS are discussed, I bear myself to be a "Partridge". Let the public stoning begin. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

so many things you learn on this thread!! LOL!!

I can recreate her in 1:6 scale--I just have to re-sculpt her, which means just more practice for me. You want a copy in 1:6 scale?

Who wouldn't!!

PZ, nothing wrong with the Partridge family. I have a CD of theirs amongst my others as well. I still love my 70's music.

OK...since we're all confessing...I have been listening to 70s music on TV and I love it!! My BIL was commenting how that's still old. I said it was newer than swing, which was what I was listening to exclusively before...

OK...since we're all confessing...I have been listening to 70s music on TV and I love it!! My BIL was commenting how that's still old. I said it was newer than swing, which was what I was listening to exclusively before...

Yep, my head is stuck in the 70's as well. In addtion to the Partridge Family catalog, I also own every volume of the "Have a Nice Day" CD compilations by Rhino Records with nuggets like "Billy, Don't Be A Hero" and "The Night Chicage Died". And the strange thing is, I'm playing it for my kids who are, in turn, adding them to their own iPods. :horror:horror:horror

Yep, my head is stuck in the 70's as well. In addtion to the Partridge Family catalog, I also own every volume of the "Have a Nice Day" CD compilations by Rhino Records with nuggets like "Billy, Don't Be A Hero" and "The Night Chicage Died". And the strange thing is, I'm playing it for my kids who are, in turn, adding them to their own iPods. :horror:horror:horror

That's sooooo fantastic! Yeah...my kids recognize swing music--they get excited when they hear swing songs in movies...and they actually dance to the 70s music I listen to. :D

The 70s were a great time to be a kid...

Excellent choice... although as every one stated it's a win-win situation. Perhaps you can swing the Captain at another time.

In fact, some people on this board have weighed in that the Gorilla soldier is their favorite of Hot Toys first three offerings. Personally, I'd rather see the bandolier strung from shoulder to waist in classic film style than just around the waist like the Captain. Anyway, let us know what you think about him when you finally get him in your hands.

I hope we hear soon about their plans on any addtions to their line. Although... my wallet is enjoying the down time. :D

Thank you, SIR! I'm glad I ordered the Soldier. Although, I'm really loving that pistol which comes with the Captain. I could have gotten him for cheap on eBay because the seller spelled Gorilla wrong.:lol But in the end, the billy club won out.

Sadly, I'm not counting on any more Apes from Hot Toys. Kinda like we didn't get any more humans after Dallas and Kane from Alien.:rolleyes:

Did I show you how she looks lately? I'm still waiting for this guy to send me drawings of the back of her hair so I can finish her. She's so cute!
dsc02150l.jpg

Holy Crap! T'Pring from Star Trek classic series! I like where this is going! I always loved that character!:D Looking good so far Jessica.:D

Thank you, SIR! I'm glad I ordered the Soldier. Although, I'm really loving that pistol which comes with the Captain. I could have gotten him for cheap on eBay because the seller spelled Gorilla wrong.:lol But in the end, the billy club won out.

Sadly, I'm not counting on any more Apes from Hot Toys. Kinda like we didn't get any more humans after Dallas and Kane from Alien.:rolleyes:

Congratulations on your purchase. You will not regret it. I'm still waiting for more apes because it's where my heart is at.

Even if they don't make them, I will.

Back