Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing... We have over a million "Views" on this thread!

Hey, Proto....

I'm disappointed that I wasn't showing you something that you had never seen before. I just had never come across anything like that projector. It really looks complicated.

Amazing... We have over a million "Views" on this thread!

Hey, Proto....

I'm disappointed that I wasn't showing you something that you had never seen before. I just had never come across anything like that projector. It really looks complicated.

No, I REALLY enjoyed looking at any pictures of old projectors. It's just that I've been tooling around in projection booths since 1980 and I've seen an amazing array of theater set ups. I used to go out of my way to run projectors that I've never run before. It wasn't usual that I was employed by two or three theaters at a time.

Back in the 80's many of the small independent theaters ran equipment that was decades old because they didn't generate enough income to upgrade their systems. It was here where I got to run some really interesting and antiquated equipment.

But the digital revolution is changing all of that and even the smallest theater will have to upgrade to digital projection. I heard that by 2016 there will be NO 35mm anymore.

Anyone remember this?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ZTMG7xxmg[/ame]

Last edited:
Glad you liked it.

I remember it being very early in Martin's career, from a television special called, "Comedy Is Not Pretty" back in the early 80's.

i have not ried to boil sculpey but hear it works. people usually sandwhich bag their piece and then drop it in boiling water for a few minutes. better than risking the plastic that you may have sculpted on. parts boiled are usually small as in 1:9 scale, so it takes about 5-8 minutes. would probably check the temp of the boiling water first and see if it remains stable when set to simmer.

Last edited:
also they use tongs to set down the plastic bag in the water. definitely do not boil if your armature has any chance of warping in steam or hot water (one of my friends forgot wood swells up in water and his sculpey split and broke off.

Thanks Jess;this adds to what I've been able to find on-line.I'll let you know how the project turns our...PS

I would have given you the SS version so you didn't have to buy recasts. The other is a recast of the Jim Maddox/Lonnie Hale/HeroHeads Heston.
How much did you pay if I might ask?

I would have given you the SS version so you didn't have to buy recasts. The other is a recast of the Jim Maddox/Lonnie Hale/HeroHeads Heston.
How much did you pay if I might ask?

Hello IM! I have sold all of my Planet of the Apes except for one small lot that I have on ebay and will be selling these two sculpts also! I bought these years ago and do not know what I paid. I had to sell my collection to make ends meet, but after getting two College degrees with the past 7 months, I am back in the work force!:lecture

So good to hear kfog, things are looking up for you these days.

I wish you good luck with the new job!

(sorry you had to sell your collection)

So good to hear kfog, things are looking up for you these days.

I wish you good luck with the new job!

(sorry you had to sell your collection)

Yep, Arizona is getting almost as expensive as California. Thanks Jungle Jom!

Back