Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me if you get tired of these updates. With every little tweak i feel tjat he is getting better and better.

The 12th Doctor

null_zps55ac7a28.jpg

Here is Landon again. My heart crumbles when i look at his current state...but this shall not stop me. I shall keep at it...

Well, I figured I put it in this thread. My thread. My baby [of sorts].
I started this thread 8+ years ago in an attempt to get POTA lovers and fans more 1:6 apes. Was I successful? No, not in the way I had intended. I had hoped that Sideshow would stand tall, take notice and continue the line. They did not.
However much more occured here than I could have ever imagined.
Fans united, friendships were formed, ideas were exchanged and artists were born. POTA items we could never have dreamed of coming from Sideshow came from within this very thread. Statues, wagons and sculpts galore were made available to all. Then Hot Toys answered the demand, or seemed to, as though they might be our simian saviors. We got treated to the most realistic and authenticly detailed mass produced 1:6 apes to date. This was a blessing for this, the thread that would not die.
But, it is of dying that is foremost on my mind now. I have been out of work for over a year due to health problems. Degenerative discs in my back causing constant pain, a narrowing of a vein/artery behind my one eye that threatens blindness and a heart problem that has had me hospitalized more than once.
Tomorrow I head into the hospital for a procedure on my heart that, so they say, should correct the problem forever. Over a 95% success rate on the first procedure, so they say. We do however, have to advise you of the possibilty of "heart attack, stroke or death" they say. Less than 1% chance and they have never had anyone die on them before. It all sounds like good odds, yet... I can't stop thinking "Its heart surgery. Plain and simple. There is no "it's nothing major" here, its my heart." One mistake could mean so many things and for some reason, they are all I can focus on. So, while I am sure I am concentrating on all the wrong areas of this[right?] I do want to take the time to thank all of the great folks who have made this thread part of you and shared yourselves with me. Though some don't seem to post here any longer, their contributions and presence are still thought of each time I do. There are far too many for me to do roll call, and I'd only muck it up by missing someone inadvertantly anyway, so I'll just give a big:
THANK YOU!!​
to everyone. I hope to be back soon, but, should I not return to this Forbidden Zone, think of me every once in a while when you post. :monkey3

IM ==thinking of positive thoughts for you. I expect you to be back up and running. Please take good care of yourself. I love you big guy.

IM - I wish you the best and hope to see you back soon.

I plan to make more custom 1/6 scale apes for my ape city eventually. I am very glad to be employed but I have to work a crazy amount of hours sometimes.
Right now I am feeding my 1/6 Star Wars custom addiction.

Hang in there.

I-man...

Don't thank us it is you who we should be thanking for creating this thread and giving all ape fans a place to meet and discuss and create.

My thoughts are with you and your family. I know all will go well and you will be back on your feet soon. Try not to worry about this too much.

All will be well in a few weeks.

Jim

You can't keep a good gorilla down... I assume the General will be at his post VERY soon giving those lousy humans hell.

Until then, we'll await your orders.

Take care, I-Man!

Just a quick update. Docs say they are 99% comfortable everything went fine. An interesting day and experience to say the least.
Still feeling sore at the "insertion" points and woke up feeling a bit "off" today, but we'll see.
Have to take it easy for the next couple of weeks and basically do nothing, but I hope that will give me a bit of time, patience permitting, to at leasst get some painting done or some figures put together.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I'm so glad everything went well with you're procedure, I-man!

Try and take advantage of the Doc's orders to take it easy. It's the perfect excuse to relax and do nothing.

Trying to "take it easy" and take advantage of the time. Figured I'd get some painting done and get a headstart on some of that, but NO, the gods felt differently and the paint I needed had coagulated. :monkey4

Hey guys...

I just came across this pic from "Rise"...

They're on horseback! I'm starting to get excited!

Back