Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting those great shots PZ!

Maybe someday you can get to Lake Powell to visit another great Planet of the Apes location, I just loved the place when we went for a trip there...

I love your shots of Lake Powell... I wish I had the forethought of bringing my Sideshow figures with me for my shots. :slap :slap :slap

Stupid photobucket does not work on the cellphone. Grrr

I will take better photos when i get home. Still working on him and cleaning him up.

I wish you could see him in person. This cell phone camera is wonky. Anyway I think he really looks like Urko in person.

what ape should i try to sculpt next? I know i've got that wolfman thingymabob for Star Wars...or that Star Trek guy with the wrinkles on his head...but I am craving to sculpt another ape!

I've been thinking about trying to sculpt Dr. Zaius. Should I? Or maybe the priest. I don't know. Maybe I'll try another TV series ape...not sure. Or maybe even re-doing Dr. Milo! Or Virgil. ugh. So many choices...so little time!

Last edited:
What do you mean, so little time?Something you're not telling us?Should we be concerned? Send flowers? Make travel plans?Or is it just...LIFE...PS

Life is taking away my fun time with this hobby!! There are never enough hours in a day. :(

Today I really want to make a mold of Urko and see if the Hot Toys helmet or the Hasbro helmet would work on him...but I have to help wrap samosas for a baby shower.

The helmet is hard to fit over sculpted hair unless the hair is sculpted specifically to fit the helmet. I remember I ran into that with Aleron. Life like hair works best for helmet fitting I think.

Urko carried his helmet under his arm a lot, so you could just pose him like that and it would be perfect minus the hassle.

Was looking through my storage building and found an entire extra set of the Hasbro Planet of the Apes figures (three boxed, plus three tubes), Tailor, General Urus, Dr. Zaus, Cornelius , Zira and Soldier Ape, never opened, but the boxes are dented in some. Anyone interested?

I am in the mood to sculpt something...but so many choices! I almost started Landon...or even Dr. Zaius. Hmmm....I need to buy supplies too so I can see how Urko looks with a helmet...

Hey guys. Are there any Apes here in NY? I am running a show called Eternal Con in Garden City on June 15th and have a bunch of cosplay groups, but no apes. We do have one of the largest Planet of the Apes original costume collections coming to the show. (by the way, my daughters name is Nova) If interested go to the website. www.eternalcon.com. Thanks!

I'm getting so excited! He's getting there!

Still a lot of work to do though...but at least he looks like him I think!!

Back