Save The Lord Of The Rings!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like to see Hot Toys pick up the LOTR license from Sideshow?

• Yes, I would definitely pay for higher quality figures. The Fellowship must not be broken!

Votes: 38 53.5%
  • No, I would not pay more for better quality. The Fellowship doesn't need to be complete.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I would buy a few of the popular characters only if the quality was significantly improved.

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • I would buy only the characters that Sideshow didn't make. Pick the line up where Sideshow left off.

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters
... squandering away opportunities on nobody figures like Praji, Endor Rebel Sargeant and Stormtrooper Commander.

Not meaning to start a battle here, but one man's squandering is another's long awaited little seen figure.

:cool:

Not meaning to start a battle here, but one man's squandering is another's long awaited little seen figure.

:cool:

When Sideshow makes the Star Wars Ice Cream Maker Guy, let me know. :D

Sideshow ended POTA because they didn't think there was a market left. As soon as Hot Toys released pics of their high quality sculpts collectors suddenly started going, um... Ape. :monkey1

It still remains to be seen whether or not HT's POTA line will be considered "successful." The figures look nice, but when you look at Hell Boy as an example, were everybody raved about them then when it was time to preorder and a good chunk bailed, my money's on not.

I don't want to make anybody feel attacked or on the defensive for the character selection in this line or any other, just expressing my concern that other SS lines falter before some key figures get made, and I am no longer going to collect based on my past experience.

I used to chime in on threads about third-tier characters like Praji, Faramir or D'Hoffryn and think that this was Sideshow's way of committing to a deep and varied toy line. Looking back, it seems like Sideshow chose these characters simply because they fit on the basic body. I like the characters that don't fit the "human" body type, and I am glad that they are represented in the PF line by Sideshow

LOTR fans will not pay premium prices for figures no matter the quality. They've already proven that so its too late to change.

When Aragorn first came out, he was one of the most expensive figures that Sideshow ever offered, and the rest of the line were pretty costly too, especially compared to SW at the time. Gandalf cost as much as an armored figure...

When Aragorn first came out, he was one of the most expensive figures that Sideshow ever offered, and the rest of the line were pretty costly too, especially compared to SW at the time. Gandalf cost as much as an armored figure...

And worth every penny! I'd pay HT prices for LotR characters. I'm paying those prices for Batman and Hellboy!

And worth every penny! I'd pay HT prices for LotR characters. I'm paying those prices for Batman and Hellboy!

I'd be willing to pay HotToys prices as well. However, I wouldn't buy the rehashed HT versions of figures Sideshow's already released. Instead, for uniformity, I'd likely pick up 5 TrueTypes and convert Sideshows humans to those bodies.

I'd love to see what they could do with a LOTR line. I'd be very choosy though. SS did a great job with GTG but I think a HT Aragorn would blow SS's out of the water.

Back