Save The Lord Of The Rings!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like to see Hot Toys pick up the LOTR license from Sideshow?

• Yes, I would definitely pay for higher quality figures. The Fellowship must not be broken!

Votes: 38 53.5%
  • No, I would not pay more for better quality. The Fellowship doesn't need to be complete.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I would buy a few of the popular characters only if the quality was significantly improved.

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • I would buy only the characters that Sideshow didn't make. Pick the line up where Sideshow left off.

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

kl241

Super Freak
Reaction score
It worked for the Apes collectors after 3 years of disparity when Hot Toys answered their prayers by stepping in and taking over the license from Sideshow with the finest quality 1:6 figures they could ever have dreamed of. Would it be possible for Hot Toys to save the day once again by adding LOTR to their continuing Movie Masterpiece lineup? Would LOTR fans be willing to pay more for top-notch quality imported figures? Would they follow through and complete the Fellowship? If you want it, now is the time to make you voices heard and let Hot Toys know.

I voted yes, but there's gonna be people here saying that there isn't any Asian market for LotR so they won't bother. I have no idea how they know that, but they'll say it.

I don't care for the 12" figures either way, but if it means Sideshow can focus more on the PF line, and get it right without it costing any more, then I'm all for HT taking over the figure line

But will HT start from Scratch? I dont want half SS and half HT. I rather see the line be done, and no one pick it up. HT would only make a few figures, they dont usually complete lines.

Can we vote to no longer buy Sideshow 1:6 scale stuff? I have easily over 200 Sideshow figures, and I am starting to sell them because I've been disappointed how they have handled lines too many times. Apes, Jason and Freddy, Highlander, Buffy and Angel, and now LOTR have all gone unfinished. If I am going to have a weirdly populated collection, I'll shoot for the PF route. I'd rather have some of these statues that can stand alone, rather than figures that feel like part of an incomplete line.

I've cancelled all of my SW stuff, My GI Joe and Indy pre-orders because of how Sideshow sunk another 1:6 scale line of figures.

Sorry for the rant...:eek:

I am down for any HT LOTR figures. I need to have my fellowship completed.

As for sideshow they really screwed over their fans again. The only 1/6 scale lines I collect from sideshow are LOTR and SW, but with LOTR gone and I'll continue to collect SW until I have all the figures I want (assuming they'll make Dooku and Ep1 Obi eventually). I've stopped collecting PFs and dios for the most part, so all of my money will be going towards HT, Enterbay, medicom and custom stuff.

Just keep pumping out PF's and no one will miss this line.

Too many people have more than enough of these characters in 1/6 from the SSW days.

SS never made the two figures I really wanted--Gimli and a Orc Warrior. I had such high hopes for Gimli when the Hobbits came out on the new body but no luck yet.

Can we vote to no longer buy Sideshow 1:6 scale stuff? I have easily over 200 Sideshow figures, and I am starting to sell them because I've been disappointed how they have handled lines too many times. Apes, Jason and Freddy, Highlander, Buffy and Angel, and now LOTR have all gone unfinished. If I am going to have a weirdly populated collection, I'll shoot for the PF route. I'd rather have some of these statues that can stand alone, rather than figures that feel like part of an incomplete line.

I've cancelled all of my SW stuff, My GI Joe and Indy pre-orders because of how Sideshow sunk another 1:6 scale line of figures.

Sorry for the rant...:eek:

That's actually not a bad idea. I'm seriously considering canceling my pre-orders for G.I. Joe and not even getting started with the line because it is inevitable that they will stop the line short of releasing several important key characters as they have done with nearly all of their 1:6 licenses. And you can bet there will be plenty of pissed off Star Wars fans who didn't get certain main characters when that line eventually ends after squandering away opportunities on nobody figures like Praji, Endor Rebel Sargeant and Stormtrooper Commander.

well i voted yes because personally i'd try to buy whatever 1/6 figures came out if they are equal to or better then sideshows. it's my number one book/movie/line so i would sell off every other collection to make sure i could buy them but i don't think there's enough of a market. if there was i don't think ss would have stopped. they could have done what they did with the hellboy line if they thought it would sell.

LOTR fans will not pay premium prices for figures no matter the quality. They've already proven that so its too late to change.

well i voted yes because personally i'd try to buy whatever 1/6 figures came out if they are equal to or better then sideshows. it's my number one book/movie/line so i would sell off every other collection to make sure i could buy them but i don't think there's enough of a market. if there was i don't think ss would have stopped. they could have done what they did with the hellboy line if they thought it would sell.

Sideshow ended POTA because they didn't think there was a market left. As soon as Hot Toys released pics of their high quality sculpts collectors suddenly started going, um... Ape. :monkey1

Back