S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just paint a baseball.:p

**** me I did not recognise Depp there. At least not consciously.

I notice apart from long haired armoured tall awesome cool epic [insert positive and/or appearance adjective] Trunks, I've got no real 'must have' characters anymore. Everything is like 'oh I'd buy that' (or wouldn't), so honestly, I just really like the line's continuing. I would be sad if we never got the twins but apart from that Im just like 'what's next?'. I do hope we'll see the line keeping tempo, if it's true it's one of the most succesful ones, I hope the release tempo will reflect it. Still a bit let down Goku's march/april and not the start of the year.

If you guys recall, they had protos of Cell saga vegeta and long hair trunks with saiyan armor a couple years back before SS Vegeta got released. I think they were part of the MG Figure Rise model kit series though.

So, now they have shown 4 protos that may not get released (Nappa, 18, 17, and the Earth dragon). Kind of a crappy pattern they are getting into by showing protos that may not get released. I don't think this was the case with the last several releases (Frieza, Regular Vegeta, Cell).

I'm a bit worried that Krillin won't sell well and then we'll get stuck with more Saiyan rehashes...

Hey guys,

Back from day two and my feet and legs are absolutely shot lol. Today was way busier than yesterday and I can't imagine how crazy tomorrow will be! To answer an earlier question, they basically have me manage the lines and answer questions about the figures for sale. It's neat to be able to talk to so many passionate collectors!

If there's one thing I learned, it's people love these Bandai figures! Non stop lines all day, specifically for those exclusives!

Anyway, I'm glad you guys found the info helpful. I don't have much more info today but one interesting thing I found out is that Tamashii seems to have SOME say in what the final releases end up with. The example I was given was the crushed scouter hand with Saiyan Saga Vegeta. If not for Tamashii telling Bandai about how popular the over 9000 quote was, we never would have gotten that. So it sounds like Bandai makes the products primarily for Japan and will incorporate American elements into them to cater to our market better.

I actually got to speak with one of the lead product developers who was going around with the iPad asking people to take the poll and again I mentioned Majin Buu. He basically just said yes Majin Buu would be very cool...but there are many versions! Going off of what I mentioned earlier about market research/R&D, it would seem like it's a tough decision to determine which Buu to release. Some people like Fat Buu, some like Super Buu, etc. I told him that I communicate with the collector community and there is a lot of demand to have him (specifically kid buu) as the final representation of the third main villain.

I also just started throwing out names of other characters we would love and he said I am very knowledgeable about Dragonball Z haha.

And as was mentioned earlier in this thread by Silrian, Tamashii/Bandai are ultimately going to release the figures that they feel very confident will sell (just like with any business). Fan requests are all well and good but it's really the last factor that goes into all this. It's all about costs. Just like "sex sells," saiyans sell haha.

Hey guys,

Back from day two and my feet and legs are absolutely shot lol. Today was way busier than yesterday and I can't imagine how crazy tomorrow will be! To answer an earlier question, they basically have me manage the lines and answer questions about the figures for sale. It's neat to be able to talk to so many passionate collectors!

If there's one thing I learned, it's people love these Bandai figures! Non stop lines all day, specifically for those exclusives!

Anyway, I'm glad you guys found the info helpful. I don't have much more info today but one interesting thing I found out is that Tamashii seems to have SOME say in what the final releases end up with. The example I was given was the crushed scouter hand with Saiyan Saga Vegeta. If not for Tamashii telling Bandai about how popular the over 9000 quote was, we never would have gotten that. So it sounds like Bandai makes the products primarily for Japan and will incorporate American elements into them to cater to our market better.

I actually got to speak with one of the lead product developers who was going around with the iPad asking people to take the poll and again I mentioned Majin Buu. He basically just said yes Majin Buu would be very cool...but there are many versions! Going off of what I mentioned earlier about market research/R&D, it would seem like it's a tough decision to determine which Buu to release. Some people like Fat Buu, some like Super Buu, etc. I told him that I communicate with the collector community and there is a lot of demand to have him (specifically kid buu) as the final representation of the third main villain.

I also just started throwing out names of other characters we would love and he said I am very knowledgeable about Dragonball Z haha.

And as was mentioned earlier in this thread by Silrian, Tamashii/Bandai are ultimately going to release the figures that they feel very confident will sell (just like with any business). Fan requests are all well and good but it's really the last factor that goes into all this. It's all about costs. Just like "sex sells," saiyans sell haha.

Sounds like a fun job; thanks for the update and sharing our views with them! I don't know why they are so confused about Buu - they should just use the final form! That's what they have been doing with the other main villains. Also, this is the form that SS3 Goku (who they have already released) fought. They could also release a Majin/Buu Saga Vegeta (a "popular saiyan") to pose with the Kid Buu, too.

Hahah, my pleasure guys! I want to know the answers too. It's really up in the air as to who's next for the series. They'll have a better idea after the show with the help of the poll.

^ they're not even sure about 17 and 18, I think we can forget about 16 for now. I'm afraid the same will go for V1 Frieza if they're not even considering Buu anytime soon.

Yay for the second Trunks vote.

I dont trust any of these interviews even though they are from legit sources. Most of the time, the people working there have no idea which character is which and arent even a fan or have watched DBZ.

Remember what happen when they announced not long ago that they will not rerelease picollo in anime color due to poor sales? Then SDCC came and he was the exclusive figure. :huh

They should open up the poll to the general public and not just those attending comic cons.

Id also want a raditz and bardock figure. So i can pose goku and gohan with em and have a saiyan family group. Surprisingly i have no/little interest in king vegeta. Even though im a fan of vegeta and trunks.

Regarding Buu, how about....

Fat Buu and Kid Buu 2 pack - I think the 4 below are better Buu choices.

Old Buu and Fat Buu 2 pack - This would be the only way they could sell Old Buu since he probably wouldn't sell by himself.

Kid Buu and Uub 2 pack - Only cuz they're both small

Fat Buu and Uub 2 pack - One makes up for the other just like the Fat Buu and Kid Buu 2 pack. Big figure with less articulation and a small figure with tons of articulation.

Fat Buu and Babidi 2 Pack - Maybe Babidi would go better with Dabura, but these 2 would be lacking in articulation so having two together would be better than just having 1. Babidi could be a Zero.

Super Buu with interchangeable parts - regular torso, Gohan's Gi, Gotenk's vest, head w/ nose, and long head tai (?)

Fat buu would have crappy articulation. Never liked super buu myself as he just jacked the z fighters powers and stole their costumes; he's super tall, too- may result in a higher msrp. Kid buu is where it's at - his most evil and pure form. Who is "old" buu? the grey one?

Last edited:
Fat buu would have crappy articulation. Never liked super buu myself as he just jacked the z fighters powers and stole their costumes. Kid buu is where it's at - his most evil and pure form. Who is "old" buu? the grey one?

He means Evil Buu, and yes he is the grey one. Don't know why he is called "evil" Buu when Kid Buu is pure evil

ill only be pleased if the people that nagged for goku will nag tamashii now for nappa >:C

I nagged for regular goku but I will not nag for nappa . I will nag for 18,17,Kid buu , kid trunks /kid goten pack, great saiyaman gohan with ssj head , 16 ,majin vegeta , krillin

If you guys recall, they had protos of Cell saga vegeta and long hair trunks with saiyan armor a couple years back before SS Vegeta got released. I think they were part of the MG Figure Rise model kit series though.

So, now they have shown 4 protos that may not get released (Nappa, 18, 17, and the Earth dragon). Kind of a crappy pattern they are getting into by showing protos that may not get released. I don't think this was the case with the last several releases (Frieza, Regular Vegeta, Cell).

I'm a bit worried that Krillin won't sell well and then we'll get stuck with more Saiyan rehashes...

I can't imagine them not releasing 18 and 17 though even though their villians they're just too cool not to release . I haven't heard one person say they don't want them as appose ppl saying they don't really want nappa , broly . So c'mon tamashii bandai get us 18 n 17!!!

Back