S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figuarts ZERO is just a way to make more money, it's not a replacement line. People that are worried about that don't need to be. More than likely, the S.H.F. One Piece figures just didn't very well, and the line was dropped not "replaced". There's no way Bandai would make even a quarter of the characters in S.H.F. that they have been in that One Piece ZERO line.

That said.. I'm really digging Vegeta. I still haven't picked up Goku but will eventually. Too many things this quarter to focus on.

Exactly people freaking out over nothing.

I'm getting really tired of reading this false idea.

Fat buu would have great articulation, there is no reason why he wouldn't it just takes a little imagination to see it.

If anyone is having trouble imagining, here are some reference images.

100_3936.jpg

fat_bastard.jpg

Don't be concerned about is legs either, all that baggy cloth makes plenty of folds to hide those figuarts hip joints with more range of motion than any other figuart.

Thats not really a good comparison. They're big figures, yeah, but proportions are not the same as Buu.

Buu has short arms - Won't get much range there especially with the vest being in the way. Judging by past SHFs (DBZ, Sentai, KR), there will be no articulation on that vest.

Buu has short legs - The boots and knees are the only leg parts visible. They could give him hips, but that would require a different type of joint. They can't use figuart hip joints due to the small legs and massive upper body. They could most likely a ratcheting joint to support the weight, but that'd look weird cuz of his baggy pants. Blob and Fat Bastard are not wearing pants, so it works for them. I don't even think that THAT Fat Bastard has hip joints. There are two ways to have ratcheting joints for the hips and each way would ruin the overall look of the pants (folded cloth). One, make it like Blob's , but the folded parts won't be there because the joint would need to be rounded. Second would be to have those T style ratcheting joints. You'd be left with a gap between the legs and crotch and the crotch could probably have parts of the inner thigh. The best option would be to make his lower half static by leaving him in a wide A stance. It'd help with keeping him balanced and it'd also be cost efficient.

The articulation I see him having are:
Antler(?)
Neck - Could be hindered by the cape
Shoulder - Part of cape would need to move up and down or else this would be hindered as well
Bicep
Elbow
Wrist
Rotating waist and/or upper chest - Because of the vest, this would depend on how big his stomach would be. Waist would be possible, but pointless if the upper chest can move.

Thats not really a good comparison. They're big figures, yeah, but proportions are not the same as Buu.

Buu has short arms - Won't get much range there especially with the vest being in the way. Judging by past SHFs (DBZ, Sentai, KR), there will be no articulation on that vest.

Buu has short legs - The boots and knees are the only leg parts visible. They could give him hips, but that would require a different type of joint. They can't use figuart hip joints due to the small legs and massive upper body. They could most likely a ratcheting joint to support the weight, but that'd look weird cuz of his baggy pants. Blob and Fat Bastard are not wearing pants, so it works for them. I don't even think that THAT Fat Bastard has hip joints. There are two ways to have ratcheting joints for the hips and each way would ruin the overall look of the pants (folded cloth). One, make it like Blob's , but the folded parts won't be there because the joint would need to be rounded. Second would be to have those T style ratcheting joints. You'd be left with a gap between the legs and crotch and the crotch could probably have parts of the inner thigh. The best option would be to make his lower half static by leaving him in a wide A stance. It'd help with keeping him balanced and it'd also be cost efficient.

The articulation I see him having are:
Antler(?)
Neck - Could be hindered by the cape
Shoulder - Part of cape would need to move up and down or else this would be hindered as well
Bicep
Elbow
Wrist
Rotating waist and/or upper chest - Because of the vest, this would depend on how big his stomach would be. Waist would be possible, but pointless if the upper chest can move.

this is true

The figuarts zero statues look kind of cool, but they are a complete pass for me. Unarticulated statues just have no appeal to me at all.

I wish the figuarts zero statues had the bleach blond SSJ look. That was my favorite color for the regular SSJ look, especially in the Frieza and Cell Sagas.

Hi guys,

Back from day 3. It's been really enjoyable working at the booth! I spoke a little more with the one of the lead product managers who works at Bandai Japan. Nothing ground breaking to share of course but he was very friendly.

Basically there's no decision as to who's next after Goku...it's totally up in the air and like I said, will depend on heavy discussions after this con. He was telling me the difference between Japan mindsets and American mindsets. He said in Japan they just like the normal, main characters. They really don't care for miscellaneous characters. When I said American's really seem to like Brolly, he said "Why!? He's just a villain in a movie..." haha. I told him that people love that he's an evil Super Saiyan with a cool design and is very strong. He said, "hmm, interesting."

He said Majin Vegeta is very cool because he is also evil but much more popular than Brolly.

He's interested to know more about what we think and asked if I could ask the community on your thoughts for future releases. I told him that American's like more variety instead of buying the same character with different variants.

He gave me his card so I can email him back with some helpful feedback from you guys. This could be a great opportunity to have our voice heard :)

Thank you so much! I am so happy what they said about Majin Vegeta! If you get the chance, it's completely okay if you can't, but let them know we're more interested in the anime looks far more than the manga. Also, the Great Saiyaman look would be more popular if they included a regular and Ssj head. It's great having more head/face options, and we, or at least I would pay for them. More serious than silly expressions preferred. One big personal for me is getting a Dragon Ball style Kid Goku over GT. That's way too much stuff, but I just wanted to get some of my personal wishes out there. I'm not expecting anything! You already gave so much awesome news, which I'm so appreciative of!

My pleasure. I just thought of an idea. I will make a separate thread that will say SH Figuarts Feedback for Mr. Misu.

The thread will contain a poll for who you want most for a future release and please say why in the comments. This current thread is way too long and overwhelming for him to look at it.

Once it gets a good amount of responses, I will email them to him.

The options will be:

Adult Gohan
Kid Buu
Great Saiyaman
Majin Vegeta
Vegito
Gogeta
Gotenks
Brolly
Goten
Trunks
Saiyan Armor Trunks
Fat Buu
Super Buu
Super Saiyan God Goku
Bills
Android 16
Android 17/18
Tien
Yamcha
Radditz
Other

Is there a poll limit?

EDIT: I just saw there is a 10 option limit. Maybe the thread won't have a poll then. Just state in bold which character you prefer, with a why underneath. Results can be tallied after.

Nice work Pwn! Really awesome, and I like you went into a descent conversation with them. Good PR.

As a reccomendation for the thread I'd say restrict people to 2 votes (so duos are possible). It'll keep it basic and will make people really voice their most wanted stuff. In a seperate thread tallying won't be hard. We should all make sure we keep that thread clean and tidy. I'd also dispense with pre detirmined options. Just a simple 'what (1 or 2) character(s) do you want and why?'. Equally I'd reccommend keeping motivations short and accessible.

Just my 2 cents. GL on the last day!

Yeah I'm sure Pwn will make it when he has time. Because he's now our leiason as it were, I suggest we simply let him be in charge of this. Thusfar I like his approach.

Shoot, I was just thinking. I can come up with why I love the characters easily, but why they'll sell really well is a bit trickier. Luckily I've had my say on Majin Vegeta multiple times, so I go that down!

I went with movie versions of Kid Gohan and Future Trunks. I figured the TV good guys and bad guys would get more votes. Taking a different approach.

Back