S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they did a 5 pack, so why not?

DSC07648-620x.jpg

DSC07645-620x.jpg

i see 7 stuff for pink with more or less 5 hands for her alone...

Eight faces is pretty extreme. I would doubt many figures would come with eight faces. Five faces for each would be more likely, whether they are single packed or not.

You're expectations are unrealistic. We got Future Trunks the way we did because he is a very popular character, probably number #3 right behind Vegeta in merchandise sales if I had to guess. Kid Goten and Kid Trunks are not as popular as that. Trunks happened to come out at a time when the line had been revitalized and he happened to be a major character. Vegeta and Goku probably would have gotten the same treatment if they had come out later too. If you take both SSJ Goku & Base Goku on a whole that is seven faces. Vegeta has a lot too between his two figures. Gohan has a good amount as well. However, Piccolo, Krillin, Cell, and Frieza have less faces overall. Kid Trunks & Goten are popular, but not as popular as the other characters. They wouldn't get eight faces, that would be pretty amazing if they did. So you're taking your opinion and trying to use it back up another statement as fact. Things don't work like that, you have keep in mind this line is driven by Goku and Vegeta and their derivatives, and to a lesser extent Future Trunks and Gohan. Everyone else will get less option parts. You're missing the point here anyway, single pack or two pack it doesn't matter. They will get the same parts regardless.

Nappa is a different case entirely. It's about a cost to sales ratio. For example, Bandai would be much more likely to make a $100 Goku figure than they would a $100 Nappa figure. They know Goku would sell, Nappa on the other hand would sell much less. So the MSRP is going to be too high to balance out the sales numbers Nappa would bring.

Don't know if it's what some might mean or think, but I'm kindof disagreeing with the idea that tamashii's stance is the buyers' fault. I don't think there are many people who 'just buy gokus and vegetas' assome sort of obnoxious principle. The case is that many don't have the money or the desire for a big collection and thereforebuy theirfavorites out of what's available. It's pretty logical that would be the main charcters, because per definition theyre meant to be most popular, so hence they have a larger target audience for Bandai.

So apart from a simple result of financial math, it's Bandais own choice that they cater mostly to the largest section of the target audience. If this line is so succesful, seeing what minor characters are released in other lines, I say this is purely a move toward the more easy cash. That's not buyers' fault, that's a production choice by Bandai.

There's nothing wrong with wanting your favorite characters and it doesn't matter **** whether they're main or side characters. I'm getting a little tired of the whole "all people want is gokus and its their fault I don't get my Dende" tune. No, no it's not their fault. It's an unfortunate result of being in the minority, coupled with a business decision by the producer that happens to not be what you want. [insert "Deal with it" gif of your own choice]

Nobody's entitled to anything, nor to hate on fellow consumers. Be ****in grateful more people are buying this stuff at all, because without all those people 'just buying gokus' the line might not even be here at all. Asconsumors we're in this together. Anyone buying anything of the line helps every fan as a whole, period. The rest is on Bandai/Tamashii.

/rant

Silrian.. I hope that is not directed at me as that is not in any way what I've been saying. Just stating the reality of the situation.

No it isn't directed to anyone personally. It's directed to anyone who hates on fellow consumers and blames them for not getting the releases they want. Because it's utter BS to do so imo. Over time I just come across posts that seem to do this and apparently now I reached a point where I wanted to speak my mind on the matter.

Cool, just making sure. I didn't want anyone to misinterpret what I was saying. :)

Yeah, I agree. What we get is in no way a reflection on us in particular. This is a global toy line, and Bandai has shown they want to make a diverse line up of figures. They just can't do it all at once. The popular figures increase sales enough to make up for the lower sales of the less popular figurers. That's just how toy lines work. It's a balancing act. With Bandai Japan it's of course a lot different than your average American retail toy line, but they are still subject to the trends of a toy buying market. That doesn't change much from 12 to 25. lol. I want pretty much the same exact DBZ figures I wanted when I was kid. I'm sure most of us do.

Don't know if it's what some might mean or think, but I'm kindof disagreeing with the idea that tamashii's stance is the buyers' fault. I don't think there are many people who 'just buy gokus and vegetas' assome sort of obnoxious principle. The case is that many don't have the money or the desire for a big collection and thereforebuy theirfavorites out of what's available. It's pretty logical that would be the main charcters, because per definition theyre meant to be most popular, so hence they have a larger target audience for Bandai.

So apart from a simple result of financial math, it's Bandais own choice that they cater mostly to the largest section of the target audience. If this line is so succesful, seeing what minor characters are released in other lines, I say this is purely a move toward the more easy cash. That's not buyers' fault, that's a production choice by Bandai.

There's nothing wrong with wanting your favorite characters and it doesn't matter **** whether they're main or side characters. I'm getting a little tired of the whole "all people want is gokus and its their fault I don't get my Dende" tune. No, no it's not their fault. It's an unfortunate result of being in the minority, coupled with a business decision by the producer that happens to not be what you want. [insert "Deal with it" gif of your own choice]

Nobody's entitled to anything, nor to hate on fellow consumers. Be ****in grateful more people are buying this stuff at all, because without all those people 'just buying gokus' the line might not even be here at all. Asconsumors we're in this together. Anyone buying anything of the line helps every fan as a whole, period. The rest is on Bandai/Tamashii.

/rant

ill only be pleased if the people that nagged for goku will nag tamashii now for nappa >:C

I will be bugging Tamashii for Nappa for sure, and Raditz. I know the chances of Nappa are slim now, whereas before I thought he had a great chance. I mean, Sigma didn't even get to the point of articulation, so I felt Nappa was doing better. Raditz.. probably will never happen. I will bother them nonetheless. We all have those special characters we want figures of. We just have to continue to support the line long enough that Bandai can keep dropping the lower selling figures in here and there.

Well I want and will buy Nappa, so *gives another bug vote*.

But if he doesn't get here, so be it. As Sci wrote it down, I can see why they wouldn't. On the twins' case it's different. I'm not happy if a company teases their customers multiple times and then doesn't come through. I see no descent reason not to release 18/17.

Yeah. I'm generally never very happy with how Bandai shows something and then doesn't release it, but they also can lines out of the blue and never say anything about it. I will be pissed if Nappa doesn't come out, but even more so if they don't release Android's 17 & 18. Yet as upset as I want to get, I just remember.. hey, DBZ is still going so there's that. It's always bittersweet though, seeing a figure and knowing you may never get it. Such is the life of a Bandai Japan collector. All we can do is hope they one day release it.

I will be bugging Tamashii for Nappa for sure, and Raditz. I know the chances of Nappa are slim now, whereas before I thought he had a great chance. I mean, Sigma didn't even get to the point of articulation, so I felt Nappa was doing better. Raditz.. probably will never happen. I will bother them nonetheless. We all have those special characters we want figures of. We just have to continue to support the line long enough that Bandai can keep dropping the lower selling figures in here and there.

Even if villains don't sell to well in Japan, they said Saiyans are the most popular in the line. I hope Nappa gets released though, but I wouldn't pay over $100 for him. Also if Nappa gets released they would most likely do Raditz, and he is a lesser character so I would say they should release Raditz with another character everyone wants, like Majin Vegeta, Kid Buu, or a 17 and 18 2-pack so they don't loose to much money on him. but personally for Saiyan figures I want Nappa, Raditz, Bardock, Turles, Tarble, and King Vegeta

Even if villains don't sell to well in Japan, they said Saiyans are the most popular in the line. I hope Nappa gets released though, but I wouldn't pay over $100 for him. Also if Nappa gets released they would most likely do Raditz, and he is a lesser character so I would say they should release Raditz with another character everyone wants, like Majin Vegeta, Kid Buu, or a 17 and 18 2-pack so they don't loose to much money on him. but personally for Saiyan figures I want Nappa, Raditz, Bardock, Turles, Tarble, and King Vegeta

well then you're out of the game for him...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Just saiyan'.

I would buy all of those in a heartbeat. I see a shelf now full of Saiyans.. so much awesome!! Well, hopefully Nappa will get released. I'm still hopeful. I keep saying this, but Bandai and Bluefin just need to do American web exclusives, as well as America only exclusives. That would potentially make more less popular figures possible. Especially less popular villains. If Japan doesn't want them, why make us go without in America? Especially if we show a desire for them. So we need to speak up. We need to show we want figures like Nappa and Kid Buu. Not just talking about it here or there, or random posts on facebook, but try to get more active. Make videos, get a lot of support drummed up for the characters, market the line online more ourselves. Etc.

I would buy all of those in a heartbeat. I see a shelf now full of Saiyans.. so much awesome!! Well, hopefully Nappa will get released. I'm still hopeful. I keep saying this, but Bandai and Bluefin just need to do American web exclusives, as well as America only exclusives. That would potentially make more less popular figures possible. Especially less popular villains. If Japan doesn't want them, why make us go without in America? Especially if we show a desire for them. So we need to speak up. We need to show we want figures like Nappa and Kid Buu. Not just talking about it here or there, or random posts on facebook, but try to get more active. Make videos, get a lot of support drummed up for the characters, market the line online more ourselves. Etc.

I hope we can get those Saiyans and some Saiyan pods from them, and also hope we can get everyone Japan doesn't want as exclusives in America/UK. And I completely agree with making the people we want as figures more active

It's Johnny Depp from Cry Baby.

We'll get more Saiyans, just probably not the ones you and I want, lol. I want Saiyan pods terribly, I wish they would make one. I would buy a ton of them.

Tamashii isnt the ones you should be asking about pods lol, only vehicles theyve made are kamen rider bikes. No luck finding the old irwin pods friction?

Back