S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn, thanks PwnStar511. You really went the extra mile, that's awesome news. If you get a chance to ask about Digimon you'd be my hero. :)

That's pretty much what I figured, I didn't think the line was doing bad. Yet it's still very Japan driven, just like Super Sentai. America certainly has an influence on things, but probably not strong enough to carry the line (yet?). We've gotten a lot of villains recently if you consider Saiyan Saga Vegeta as a villain release (and I do personally). I think they'll release Nappa at some point, but my fear is they'll end up making him a ZERO piece. I'm fine with statues, but come on.. just make Nappa an SDCC exclusive or something and make sure to put it on the new Bluefin webstore. Bam, limited stock so it will sell well regardless of the higher MSRP, and available to the US market only where villains probably do better. Sometimes getting something, even limited, is better than nothing.

I have to say getting these four, Vegito, Gogeta, Majin Vegeta, & SSJ4 Goku, would be AMAZING. Throw in Adult Gohan with the orange/blue Gi and I would be pretty happy with what we've gotten.

Also, anyone who wants a Buu, I strongly recommend picking up the recent Banpresto Fat Buu statue. It's pretty much in scale with SHF line and looks great. He has a few different heads too. Better than nothing. :)

Darn, thanks PwnStar511. You really went the extra mile, that's awesome news. If you get a chance to ask about Digimon you'd be my hero. :)

That's pretty much what I figured, I didn't think the line was doing bad. Yet it's still very Japan driven, just like Super Sentai. America certainly has an influence on things, but probably not strong enough to carry the line (yet?). We've gotten a lot of villains recently if you consider Saiyan Saga Vegeta as a villain release (and I do personally). I think they'll release Nappa at some point, but my fear is they'll end up making him a ZERO piece. I'm fine with statues, but come on.. just make Nappa an SDCC exclusive or something and make sure to put it on the new Bluefin webstore. Bam, limited stock so it will sell well regardless of the higher MSRP, and available to the US market only where villains probably do better. Sometimes getting something, even limited, is better than nothing.

I have to say getting these four, Vegito, Gogeta, Majin Vegeta, & SSJ4 Goku, would be AMAZING. Throw in Adult Gohan with the orange/blue Gi and I would be pretty happy with what we've gotten.

Also, anyone who wants a Buu, I strongly recommend picking up the recent Banpresto Fat Buu statue. It's pretty much in scale with SHF line and looks great. He has a few different heads too. Better than nothing. :)

Kid buu we want kid buu final version of last main villain

I agree with the limited supply of certain figures, and I'd personally have people like King Kai and Master Roshi as zeros because they don't need crazy fighting poses, and some MonsterArts like Shenron and Perunga.

King Kai & Roshi would make the perfect ZERO release. I'm fine getting the Banpresto though, which I think is better than Figuarts ZERO and around the same cost (sometimes cheaper). Some of it scales pretty good too. There's a Roshi out there matter-of-fact that I need to pick up. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Kid Buu would be great, but if you want a Buu.. I was just throwing it out there. No need to be feisty. lol.

Would you rather they put Kid Buu out and have him lower the lines sales? Cell & Frieza will sell out eventually, but it's obvious they are not selling like the other characters have. Even in America they are sluggish. Who knows how many people even got the Cell Saga let alone the Buu Saga. I would reckon that Buu is nowhere near the same level of popularity as Frieza and Cell, which is why Bandai is in no hurry to get him. If the line continues, and I'm sure it will, they will get to him. They're not even sure they are going to release Nappa & Android's 17 & 18. Best just to get used to waiting. If you think you not buying figures to try to "speak with your wallet" and convince Bandai you want something else is going to work it really won't in this case. Things like would just kill the line and we wouldn't get anything else. So.. just relax. If you're done until Buu, you're done, sit back and wait it'll be a couple years I reckon.

Thank You pwnstar511. It's a great update after having a long day from work. Really appreciate it. I don't really mind having more saiyan releases as long as the line keeps on growing. Love the update. Thanku

Hey guys,

I just got home from my first day volunteering at the Tamashii Booth and it went really well! Figured I'd give you a little update before I go back to bed and do it again tomorrow morning haha.

I was able to ask some of the questions you guys asked and surprisingly they answered quite a few. The biggest thing I gathered was that there's a lot more that goes into which figures they decide to release than just fan requests. There's a ton of market research, R&D, etc that they must satisfy before going ahead on a final figure decision.

Which leads me to Nappa. They're not sure they are going to release him actually because he is a very large figure that requires a lot of tooling which would drive the MSRP way too high...especially for a character that is not nearly as popular as the other saiyans.

They said the saiyans are the most successful figures in the line which is why we primarily see them over all other characters. They actually have MANY prototypes created already but haven't shown them because they don't know which one's to put out yet. We are more likely to see a Vegito, Gogeta, Majin Vegeta or even a SSJ4 Goku(!) over a buu first. Villains aren't as popular in Japan which plays a major role.

They are waiting to see the results of the NYCC poll to see how the east coast fares against the west coast's SDCC poll to determine the future of new characters.

They are very interested in releasing a Goten and Trunks 2 pack! And in regards to the overall success of the line, it is one of their most successful lines out there and isn't going away anytime soon. So just be patient guys. There are tons of characters to get to unlike MMPR; it's just a really involved internal decision.

I would guess the reason the androids weren't there was because it's still up in the air what to do with them. They just want to show the definitive releases which as of now ends at Goku. They also mentioned that they just wanted to get this normal Goku out now since they've been showing him for 3 years already. It would have taken even longer if they had chosen to go with a different gi/sash.

Hope that answers some questions. :)

Thanks for the info! Really sucks that we may not get a Buu for a while. I am going to pass on Gogeta (non-canon), Vegito (never thought he was that cool), SSJ 4 Goku (non-canon) - I'm sick of Gokus/ Goku fusion characters already. I'd only get a Majin Vegeta if they released him. Surprising that they are so concerned about the Japanese market considering the U.S. market is what seemingly resurrected the line...Also, kind of BS that they release 3/4 of the main villains and a SSJ3 Goku, but don't want to make a Buu right away to complete the villain line up and give SSJ3 Goku someone to pose with.

Looks like I'll be waiting a while for Kid Buu and the androids. Really the only characters I still care about. Good news for my wallet I guess :) especially after I splurged on 4 DBZ figuarts this past year.

Last edited:
Yeah, I dont get the catering to Japan either, America is the reason for this line still existing; I wont be happy if we stop getting as much input just because Japan decides the figures are cool again.

I mean, other series like sentai I can deal with, since its Japan that buys most of them, but dragonball are only web exclusives over there, and regular releases in America so they get more money from the west in this case.

On another note, Vegito and Majin Vegeta were in my top 5 so im happy lol, id get ssj4 Goku just due to how cool he looks, even if he is no longer canon.

Last edited:
@PwnStar511 You really came through man, freakin great! Thanks so much. Hope you're havin fun over there as well? What exactly do they make the volunteers do btw?

I have one new question that follows up the news you've given. If they'll be focussing on saiyans, is there a chance we'll still see Tall Long Haired Armoured Trunks? If you managed to ask 'm about that, that'd be awesome!

On a more general note: kinda surprised they're really not aiming for Buu at all. Sucks about Nappa, 17 and 18, because we've already seen protos. Have to also side with Big D over here ^, that I think it's a bit odd if they keep largely catering to Japan, when I think even Tamashii themselves once admitted the line got revived because of American interest. Seems pretty clear we won't get any new sights this year then, too bad.

Also:
"And in regards to the overall success of the line, it is one of their most successful lines out there and isn't going away anytime soon. "

tumblr_mq9zdtkG0V1s4xpxho1_400.gif

No news of v1 feeza or android 16?

If they do wanna keep on releasing saiyans, then they should do namec era younger version of gohan, saiyan armored trunks. And mabbe for sdcc, release a saiyan armored goku and gohan.

^ they're not even sure about 17 and 18, I think we can forget about 16 for now. I'm afraid the same will go for V1 Frieza if they're not even considering Buu anytime soon.

Yay for the second Trunks vote.

Was browsing around for other S.H. Figuarts today and why not, pre-ordered me a reg Goku. A fine starting point in the line IMO and if I decide not to get any others he would be fine on his own. Can't get more DBZ than Goku.

^Prepare to be hooked.:p I Had the same train of thought when I bought Trunks more than a year ago. These things blow you away when you actually get 'm in hand. (Btw, you might consider buying Saiyan Saga Vegeta now that he's still relatively cheap. Unless you have no interest in the character.)

just saw the news little surprised myself glad they do their research I knew it and so do they Nappa is a **** character always was really want #17 and 18.

King Kai & Roshi would make the perfect ZERO release. I'm fine getting the Banpresto though, which I think is better than Figuarts ZERO and around the same cost (sometimes cheaper). Some of it scales pretty good too. There's a Roshi out there matter-of-fact that I need to pick up. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Kid Buu would be great, but if you want a Buu.. I was just throwing it out there. No need to be feisty. lol.

Would you rather they put Kid Buu out and have him lower the lines sales? Cell & Frieza will sell out eventually, but it's obvious they are not selling like the other characters have. Even in America they are sluggish. Who knows how many people even got the Cell Saga let alone the Buu Saga. I would reckon that Buu is nowhere near the same level of popularity as Frieza and Cell, which is why Bandai is in no hurry to get him. If the line continues, and I'm sure it will, they will get to him. They're not even sure they are going to release Nappa & Android's 17 & 18. Best just to get used to waiting. If you think you not buying figures to try to "speak with your wallet" and convince Bandai you want something else is going to work it really won't in this case. Things like would just kill the line and we wouldn't get anything else. So.. just relax. If you're done until Buu, you're done, sit back and wait it'll be a couple years I reckon.

I agree with you. I'm going to try to buy every release to support the line and then sell them to get my money later if I needed. That's why I bought Saiyan Saga Vegeta and Frieza. Although, I really like them now. That's why I buy them at release and although I wanted to wait for a little price drop on Krillin, I'm going to buy him at full price. I just want the line to keep going, and Tamashii seems to feel the same way. That's what I was saying before. Saiyans sell. I really want Super Buu, but he's less popular than the villains they already released. They have the sales figures!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, you are both right; as much as I want Buu, the sales speak for themselves, also, the poll couldnt have helped him.

At least with the saiyans being the sellers we have more chance of seeing the likes of armored Trunks and ssj Vegeta reissues, so thats a plus. I just wish they wouldnt put out protos that they didnt think would sell, put out an armored Trunks or majin Vegeta next time and see the appause you will get Tamashii!

Back