S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tamashii Nations eventually released a Kaio-ken Goku with the newest body. Battle damaged from Saiyan Saga, Frieza Saga, and now Super with Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken, they have a few options.

It would be interesting if the Tamashii Nations Event Exclusive was their test to see how it would sell or what kind of demand it would create.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if Tamashii Nations eventually released a Kaio-ken Goku with the newest body. Battle damaged from Saiyan Saga, Frieza Saga, and now Super with Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken, they have a few options.

It would be interesting if the Tamashii Nations Event Exclusive was their test to see how it would sell or what kind of demand it would create.

I think it's likely the next Super Saiyan Blue Goku we see will be with the 2.0 mold and the kanji painted on...his DBS style. Maybe the same with Vegeta too.

I'm slightly disappointed they went back to their old costumes. Part of the series I loved was seeing how the characters' outfits evolved and changed throughout the stories. While Goku's was mostly subtle, Vegeta eventually lost the armor. And their Resurrection'F outfits weren't too bad but it's sad to see the characters "go back"..but I suppose it does make sense story-wise.

I think it's likely the next Super Saiyan Blue Goku we see will be with the 2.0 mold and the kanji painted on...his DBS style. Maybe the same with Vegeta too.

I'm slightly disappointed they went back to their old costumes. Part of the series I loved was seeing how the characters' outfits evolved and changed throughout the stories. While Goku's was mostly subtle, Vegeta eventually lost the armor. And their Resurrection'F outfits weren't too bad but it's sad to see the characters "go back"..but I suppose it does make sense story-wise.

Both Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta are easy releases for Tamashii Nations. They already have the bodies and all they would need to do is update the head mold and faces.

Yeah, I was growing accustomed to their new attire and started to dig it. I don't think Tamashii Nations will produce any updates on those attires since they were only used for 2 story arcs. I'm still happy with the older releases but seeing anything updated is always nice.

Jeesh, my 12 year old recently graduated from the old Irwin DBZ figures to Figuarts and he is driving me up the wall with these things. All the old Irwin figures went to my 8 year old.
So far he has purchased:
  • Super Saiyan God Vegeta
  • Vegito
  • Future Trunks
  • Frieza (he bought it off Amazon for $35, but it says Datong instead of Bandai? I think it might be a fake, but he can't tell the difference.)

Does anyone know where he can get a Goku? The only place I have looked are Amazon because I don't want a cheap Chinese rip-off.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I wanted to post there here as wel. I'm looking for some photos of the Tamashii Nations displays at Barnes and Noble stores around the country. If you visit your local store and can take a full length photo of each side of the display so that its contents are clearly visible, I'll randomly select 3 people to send some free Tamashii Nations stuff.

Hey everyone, I wanted to post there here as wel. I'm looking for some photos of the Tamashii Nations displays at Barnes and Noble stores around the country. If you visit your local store and can take a full length photo of each side of the display so that its contents are clearly visible, I'll randomly select 3 people to send some free Tamashii Nations stuff.

I didn't know they sold Figuarts at Barnes & Noble? I'll take my kids there later today to see if they have a Goku or Gohan.

Jeesh, my 12 year old recently graduated from the old Irwin DBZ figures to Figuarts and he is driving me up the wall with these things. All the old Irwin figures went to my 8 year old.
So far he has purchased:
  • Vegito
  • Future Trunks
  • Frieza (he bought it off Amazon for $35, but it doesn't says Datong instead of Bandai? I think it might be a fake, but he can't tell the difference.)

Does anyone know where he can get a Goku? The only place I have looked are Amazon because I don't want a cheap Chinese rip-off.

Super Warrior Awakening Super Saiyan Goku is the most accessible at the moment. He goes for around $40. I believe he's available on Amazon.

He is for $36.44...
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Warrior-Awakening/dp/B010N3JLPS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497993718&sr=8-2&keywords=bandai+tamashii+nations

Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Super Saiyan God Goku will be released later this year.

So far he has purchased:
  • Vegito
  • Future Trunks
  • Frieza (he bought it off Amazon for $35, but it doesn't says Datong instead of Bandai? I think it might be a fake, but he can't tell the difference.)

So the Frieza does or does not say Datong? Datong is the brand making knock-offs of the Dragon Ball figures. They've actually done quite a good job and have improved with every release though their quality isn't comparable to the real thing, they are damn good if the real deal is too expensive.

Sorry, I couldn't get my phone to auto-focus. Is this what you are looking for? I was going to take a picture with my sons next to it, but the stand was really tight between the Nook wall and the board game display. The only DBZ figure they had was Beerus.

View attachment 348524View attachment 348525

Super Warrior Awakening Super Saiyan Goku is the most accessible at the moment. He goes for around $40. I believe he's available on Amazon.

He is for $36.44...
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Warrior-Awakening/dp/B010N3JLPS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497993718&sr=8-2&keywords=bandai+tamashii+nations
Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Super Saiyan God Goku will be released later this year.
Thanks, he just saw that one at Barnes & Noble but they were sold out. Does it come with the yellow energy thing?

So the Frieza does or does not say Datong? Datong is the brand making knock-offs of the Dragon Ball figures. They've actually done quite a good job and have improved with every release though their quality isn't comparable to the real thing, they are damn good if the real deal is too expensive.
The box said Datong. I think my wife paid $35 for it on Amazon? I can't tell a difference quality wise between the Frieza and the other ones he has, but I don't know anything about Figuarts other than what my kid has shown me on Youtube.

Last edited:
Sorry, I couldn't get my phone to auto-focus. Is this what you are looking for? I was going to take a picture with my sons next to it, but the stand was really tight between the Nook wall and the board game display. The only DBZ figure they had was Beerus.

View attachment 348524View attachment 348525

Thanks, he just saw that one at Barnes & Noble but they were sold out. Does it come with the yellow energy thing?

The box said Datong. I think my wife paid $35 for it on Amazon? I can't tell a difference quality wise between the Frieza and the other ones he has, but I don't know anything about Figuarts other than what my kid has shown me on Youtube.
Energy effect is sold separately for about 20 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Crap! LOL, he is going to keep printing out backgrounds off the internet then! [emoji38]
Kind of lame that they display the toy with the background if it doesn't come with it.
Or....you could buy them for cheaper at aliexpress.com in colors not available thru Bandai.

The Barnes y Noble near me has a sloppy display, the TMNT figures are knocked down as well and the Sailor Moon/DBZ figures are either lopsided or just in generic poses. It's kinda pathetic looking honestly

And now I want SHFs of all the gods of destruction INCLUDING their tenants. The entire pantheon on my shelf is very appealing to me

I don't think we have any Barnes and Nobles in Toronto. It'd be nice if we had stores that sell any Sh figuarts in big chain stores. Not even the local Toys R Us carry any Sh figuarts here! It's pathetic!!!

The Barnes y Noble near me has a sloppy display, the TMNT figures are knocked down as well and the Sailor Moon/DBZ figures are either lopsided or just in generic poses. It's kinda pathetic looking honestly

And now I want SHFs of all the gods of destruction INCLUDING their tenants. The entire pantheon on my shelf is very appealing to me

Please take some photos for me, if you can.

Thank you! Can you confirm where there was?

Back