S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here orders from anime-island that have or had problems with them? Are they always late in shipping items?

They're a smaller shop but have always been reliable to me. They just don't have the staff to ship everything as expected.

Anyone here orders from anime-island that have or had problems with them? Are they always late in shipping items?

I used to order all my imports exclusively from them until they delayed an order and wouldn't reply until I sent them like 4 messages about it. I only just ordered from them again last month for their Memorial Day Sale.

Nobody seems to have posted these so here are some reviews on youtube I found of those "Dragon Ball Super Dragon Stars" toys. Personally, I wouldn't buy them. If they go for $20+, I'd rather pay $35 and above for Figuarts that look better and play better :)

I remember searching for Final Bout and was nearly impossible to find and the only copy that was in a local Japanese import store had it for like 75 bucks. Back in the 1990s that was a lot of money to fork over for a game and especially when you were a kid. So a friend of mines burnt it on disc and had to jimmy rig the PS to play it. The good old days.

dude me too :duff I recall going through the same thing, trying to search for a copy of Final Bout. Back when Blockbuster was still around I would always rent the only copy they had. I was obsessed with that game, despite being pretty bad. I eventually bought a legit copy a few years ago. The game hasn't aged well but I always loved the soundtrack

I unfortunately never played Legends but I did use to have a burned copy of Ultimate Battle 22 for PS-X. Another bad game, Legends was the best they had to offer back in the day

Not feeling those American DBZ figures.

I supposed they're ok for the price but when SHF ones is around, even with their inaccuracies, they're still unquestionably better.

Thanks for posting the videos, Adeno. I'll give them a watch later tonight.

I agree about the price point. I don't think these should have gone for more than $20/25. Bandai America would have better sales if they covered the $20 action figure market while S.H.Figuarts continued to covere the $50 market.

Now with S.H.Figuarts Shenron going for around $100, there's almost no incentive to buy these to get a (smaller scaled, less articulated) Shenron figure.

I do hope these sell well though. I remember the Irwin and Jakks Dragon Ball Z lines made me very happy when I was younger. Maybe these will do the same for the younger generation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I order all my Sh Monsterarts and Bandai SOC Voltron form them with no issue. I like their discount and 3% money back.

Thanks for the feedback about anime-island guys. Just got worried coz the item I ordered has already shipped from other retailers and they haven't shipped it yet. It's going on 2 months now and their response is always slow and often vague.

@blogness

Yeah, same here. Slow response.

Last edited:
Their only down side is they usually last to get the items, so you get it later than other retailers.

Thanks for the feedback about anime-island guys. Just got worried coz the item I ordered has already shipped from other retailers and they haven't shipped it yet. It's going on 2 months now and their replies is always slow and often vague.

@blogness

Yeah, same here. Slow response.

Don't ever try to cancel an order, or they'll rip you off.

I've been using them for years. They can be frustratingly slow but the price is always good for me and they mark items as gifts so I don't pay customs. Also when I had a faulty PAK figure a few years back they replaced it straight away.

Don't ever try to cancel an order, or they'll rip you off.

I've cancelled orders with them a couple of times without issue. What happened?

I've been using them for years. They can be frustratingly slow but the price is always good for me and they mark items as gifts so I don't pay customs. Also when I had a faulty PAK figure a few years back they replaced it straight away.

I've cancelled orders with them a couple of times without issue. What happened?

I had to pester them for a week to cancel something, and they didn't give me a full refund. They kept the shipping charges.

Wow, that's not on! I cancelled my orders a few years ago so maybe they've changed their policy since then :dunno

Haven't had the chance to review my last lot buy but I purchase the recent two dbz xenoverse figuarts along with the reissues piccolo and pce perfect cell. I'm not impressed with the two xenoverse figures. Trunks looks amazing but is limited to any posing while time patroller lacks in liking for me. I just wished the two wouldn't have killed the collection mood for me. Also the reissued refixed piccolo is basically the same as the first one. They hardly fixed the legs but the arms are way tighter than the first editions. Theres no safety clicks like what they did with the pce ssj vegeta, wished there was. And on to pce perfect cell.. ah man he is AWESOME! I hear the first edition had a lot of loose joints but this pce edition, heck this figure is probably my favorite of all the other figuarts...

So last night at midnight Amazon decided to cancel my Goku Super Saiyan God preorder. I think I'll be cancelling my other Figuarts preorders with them. Got this email:

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"Bandai Tamashii Nations S.H Figuarts Action Figure"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

Not sure why they cancelled it considering the reservations are still open. Hopefully it'll be secluded to Super Saiyan God Goku.

Amazon is only good for shopping shf dragon ball figure after release due to Amazon prime. I wouldn't trust them for preorders though.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Back